Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-12-2012, 12:01 PM
boltjaM3s's Avatar
boltjaM3s boltjaM3s is offline
BMW Platinum Visa® Member
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,998
Mein Auto: BMW L328i
1-8 Shortcut Keys - What Are Yours?

I'll start:

1: Split-screen off
2: Split-screen on, arrow mode
3: Split-screen on, entertainment details.
4: AM, Station WFAN
5: Sirius, Station 20 on 20
6: iPod, Play Last Position
7: Nav, Start Guidance Home
8: Phone, Dial Home


Buttons 1-3: I do a lot of driving with the nav and like to have a quick ability to toggle between full screen and the two most important split-screens.

Buttons 4-6: I like having one-push access to instantly start one of the three audio input modes. Prevents the need to hit "Radio" and then scroll down to "Satellite" or "AM". Same for iPod.

Shortcut Keys that can't happen (yet should): iPod Playlists, Traffic Alerts, Recent Destinations.

BJ
__________________

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 08-12-2012, 12:06 PM
GirlLuvMyBMW640 GirlLuvMyBMW640 is offline
BeachBitch
Location: In a Galaxy Far Far Away
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 61
Mein Auto: 2013 640i Gran Coupe
I am lazy today. Could you please provide me a quick "For Dummies" quite to do this. Thanks in advance. BTW I like your choices and will probably duplicate them myself.
__________________
Forget your Past but don't let it stop you. Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

My Car:

1994 E36 Convertible (Inherited from my Loving Father)

2013 640i Gran Coupe
Carbon Black Metallic
Ivory White Nappa
Everything but B&O, Night Vision and Active Cruise Control.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-12-2012, 12:14 PM
boltjaM3s's Avatar
boltjaM3s boltjaM3s is offline
BMW Platinum Visa® Member
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,998
Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlLuvMyBMW640 View Post
I am lazy today. Could you please provide me a quick "For Dummies" quite to do this. Thanks in advance. BTW I like your choices and will probably duplicate them myself.
Navigate in iDrive to a function, push and hold the shortcut key you want it associated with.

Example: Menu > Navigation > Destinations > "Home Address" > Start (don't press 'start', just have the border around it). Then push and hold Button 1.

From that point forward, a press on Button 1 will start navigating you home without any additional input or effort.

A neat BMW feature: If you gently touch (not press) a shortcut button a banner appears on the screen that tells you what you've programmed there.

BJ
__________________

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-12-2012, 12:20 PM
SD Z4MR's Avatar
SD Z4MR SD Z4MR is offline
(formerly SD 335is)
Location: San Diego, CA
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,225
Mein Auto: '06 Z4 MR | '11 335is E92
BJ, you're late to the party. This thread was already done last year when the F30 first hit the market. Search for that thread and continue there.
__________________
- Tom
-------
Mine: 2006 Z4 Roadster (E85) | Interlagos Blue Metallic | Black Extended Nappa Leather | Carbon Leather Trim | Purchased 7/19/12
Hers: 2011 335is Coupe (E92) | Le Mans Blue Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Dark Glacier Aluminum | 6MT | ED 5/12/11

BMWCCA #444696 - Click to join and a chance to win a 1-Day M School at the BMW Performance Center!


Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-12-2012, 01:00 PM
SunnyandRich SunnyandRich is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Southeast USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 153
Mein Auto: Bimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Z4MR View Post
BJ, you're late to the party. This thread was already done last year when the F30 first hit the market. Search for that thread and continue there.
Or in 2009:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ghlight=preset

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-12-2012, 01:40 PM
boltjaM3s's Avatar
boltjaM3s boltjaM3s is offline
BMW Platinum Visa® Member
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,998
Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Z4MR View Post
BJ, you're late to the party. This thread was already done last year when the F30 first hit the market. Search for that thread and continue there.
Sorry about that. Just searched for it and can't find it. Can you post a link?


Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyandRich View Post
Or in 2009:

[url]http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348425&highlight=preset[/url
No F30 owner cares to see what E90 owners are doing with their presets as we don't socialize with the used car crowd.

BJ
__________________

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-25-2013, 08:23 AM
jakemidd jakemidd is offline
Registered User
Location: Chicago
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 50
Mein Auto: 2013 F30 328i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyandRich View Post
For those of us who were not here in 2009 or 2012 for that matter, and have no context that these functions even exist, seeing a thread like this is awesome.

I'll admit I haven't read the 3,000 page F30 manual that came with the car
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-12-2012, 04:12 PM
GirlLuvMyBMW640 GirlLuvMyBMW640 is offline
BeachBitch
Location: In a Galaxy Far Far Away
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 61
Mein Auto: 2013 640i Gran Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Navigate in iDrive to a function, push and hold the shortcut key you want it associated with.

Example: Menu > Navigation > Destinations > "Home Address" > Start (don't press 'start', just have the border around it). Then push and hold Button 1.

From that point forward, a press on Button 1 will start navigating you home without any additional input or effort.

A neat BMW feature: If you gently touch (not press) a shortcut button a banner appears on the screen that tells you what you've programmed there.

BJ
Thank you very much.
__________________
Forget your Past but don't let it stop you. Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

My Car:

1994 E36 Convertible (Inherited from my Loving Father)

2013 640i Gran Coupe
Carbon Black Metallic
Ivory White Nappa
Everything but B&O, Night Vision and Active Cruise Control.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-12-2012, 04:29 PM
tturedraider's Avatar
tturedraider tturedraider is offline
Freedom isn't free!!
Location: Chicago, north shore (via Tennessee & Texas)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 14,277
Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
I'll start:

1: Split-screen off
2: Split-screen on, arrow mode
3: Split-screen on, entertainment details.
4: AM, Station WFAN
5: Sirius, Station 20 on 20
6: iPod, Play Last Position
7: Nav, Start Guidance Home
8: Phone, Dial Home


Buttons 1-3: I do a lot of driving with the nav and like to have a quick ability to toggle between full screen and the two most important split-screens.

Buttons 4-6: I like having one-push access to instantly start one of the three audio input modes. Prevents the need to hit "Radio" and then scroll down to "Satellite" or "AM". Same for iPod.

Shortcut Keys that can't happen (yet should): iPod Playlists, Traffic Alerts, Recent Destinations.

BJ
Open up a spot. You have voice command. Dial home by voice. Push the button on the steering wheel. Say, "Dial name.". Then "Home."
__________________
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

Keep Right, Except to Pass

Than & Then usage - "It was hotter than hades (comparison). Then later on (time) it got cool."

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune - I like it!
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

BMW CCA member #388003 - www.bmwcca.org Use me as a referral, you could win a one day ///M Driving School!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-18-2012, 10:29 AM
boltjaM3s's Avatar
boltjaM3s boltjaM3s is offline
BMW Platinum Visa® Member
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,998
Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugH View Post
Outstanding post, BJ. Our 328 should be arriving within the next 10 days. It has both HUD and navigation. I have saved your post so I can implement it and make my wife's life simpler. She is one of those people that's afraid to use anything new, although we've had nav in our last two cars, we haven't had a car with iDrive yet.
Try these (my latest):

1: Split-screen off
2: Split-screen on, arrow mode
3: Split-screen on, entertainment details.
4: Radio Station WFAN
5: iPod, Play Last Position
6: Nav, Directions List View
7: Nav, Stop Navigation
8: Nav, Start Guidance Home


Buttons 1-3: I do a lot of driving with the nav and like to have a quick ability to toggle between full screen and the two most important split-screens.

Buttons 4-5: I like having one-push access to instantly start one of the three audio input modes. Prevents the need to hit "Radio" and then scroll down to "Satellite" or "AM". If you make the shortcut from your list of Presets on the HUD you can scroll through all the different stations regardless of what source they come from. Same for iPod, starts playing last position, HUD for song lists.

Buttons 6-8: One touch ability to navigate Home, list of directions much easier to find, and end navigation.

BJ
__________________

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-18-2012, 10:50 AM
krash's Avatar
krash krash is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: PA
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,657
Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sport Sedan
You would think 8 buttons is enough, and honestly, I don't think they should add anymore, because once you start having more than 8, then they're probably going over the top...

But, right off the top of my head, I see a need for 3 buttons dedicated to my family. 1) Wife's cell phone, 2) Daughter's cell phone, 3) Son's cell phone.

Plus, I'd like to add several channels for Sirius, and I like all those that BJ put out there...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-18-2012, 03:00 PM
boltjaM3s's Avatar
boltjaM3s boltjaM3s is offline
BMW Platinum Visa® Member
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,998
Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by krash View Post
You would think 8 buttons is enough, and honestly, I don't think they should add anymore, because once you start having more than 8, then they're probably going over the top...

But, right off the top of my head, I see a need for 3 buttons dedicated to my family. 1) Wife's cell phone, 2) Daughter's cell phone, 3) Son's cell phone.

Plus, I'd like to add several channels for Sirius, and I like all those that BJ put out there...
I figured out a way to prioritize cell phone numbers so that they appear the moment you hit the Phone button on the iDrive controller. As result, you don't need to tie up any of the 1-8 console shortcut buttons for that function.

The way it works now, you hit Phone, it defaults to the address book, but it's in alphabetical order. So many of the favorites that you would be dialing frequently are buried hundreds of entries below.

The workaround for this is to add a "period" before the name of the address book entry. iDrive prioritizes certain symbols ahead of letters and numbers. So on my iPhone, I've added eight duplicate phone numbers and changed the names thusly:

"Home" is duplicated as .Home

"My Wife" is now split as .Wife Mobile and .Wife Work

Once you set up these duplicates with just phone numbers and add the "period" before the first letter of the person's name, they will appear on the very first screen the second you hit the phone button on the iDrive controller.

From an iPhone standpoint, the duplicates do not appear in your favorites and don't add clutter to your core address book on that device.

BJ
__________________

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®

Last edited by boltjaM3s; 12-18-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-18-2012, 04:09 PM
sr5959 sr5959 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Seattle
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,128
Mein Auto: 328i F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
I figured out a way to prioritize cell phone numbers so that they appear the moment you hit the Phone button on the iDrive controller. As result, you don't need to tie up any of the 1-8 console shortcut buttons for that function.

The way it works now, you hit Phone, it defaults to the address book, but it's in alphabetical order. So many of the favorites that you would be dialing frequently are buried hundreds of entries below.

The workaround for this is to add a "period" before the name of the address book entry. iDrive prioritizes certain symbols ahead of letters and numbers. So on my iPhone, I've added eight duplicate phone numbers and changed the names thusly:

"Home" is duplicated as .Home

"My Wife" is now split as .Wife Mobile and .Wife Work

Once you set up these duplicates with just phone numbers and add the "period" before the first letter of the person's name, they will appear on the very first screen the second you hit the phone button on the iDrive controller.

From an iPhone standpoint, the duplicates do not appear in your favorites and don't add clutter to your core address book on that device.

BJ
You gave me this tip a while back BJ and it's excellent, thank you!!!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-18-2012, 04:41 PM
krash's Avatar
krash krash is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: PA
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,657
Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sport Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
I figured out a way to prioritize cell phone numbers so that they appear the moment you hit the Phone button on the iDrive controller. As result, you don't need to tie up any of the 1-8 console shortcut buttons for that function.

The way it works now, you hit Phone, it defaults to the address book, but it's in alphabetical order. So many of the favorites that you would be dialing frequently are buried hundreds of entries below.

The workaround for this is to add a "period" before the name of the address book entry. iDrive prioritizes certain symbols ahead of letters and numbers. So on my iPhone, I've added eight duplicate phone numbers and changed the names thusly:

"Home" is duplicated as .Home

"My Wife" is now split as .Wife Mobile and .Wife Work

Once you set up these duplicates with just phone numbers and add the "period" before the first letter of the person's name, they will appear on the very first screen the second you hit the phone button on the iDrive controller.

From an iPhone standpoint, the duplicates do not appear in your favorites and don't add clutter to your core address book on that device.

BJ
Cool.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-19-2012, 05:19 AM
gweeta gweeta is offline
Registered User
Location: New England
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 85
Mein Auto: 2013 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
I figured out a way to prioritize cell phone numbers so that they appear the moment you hit the Phone button on the iDrive controller. As result, you don't need to tie up any of the 1-8 console shortcut buttons for that function.

The way it works now, you hit Phone, it defaults to the address book, but it's in alphabetical order. So many of the favorites that you would be dialing frequently are buried hundreds of entries below.

The workaround for this is to add a "period" before the name of the address book entry. iDrive prioritizes certain symbols ahead of letters and numbers. So on my iPhone, I've added eight duplicate phone numbers and changed the names thusly:

"Home" is duplicated as .Home

"My Wife" is now split as .Wife Mobile and .Wife Work

Once you set up these duplicates with just phone numbers and add the "period" before the first letter of the person's name, they will appear on the very first screen the second you hit the phone button on the iDrive controller.

From an iPhone standpoint, the duplicates do not appear in your favorites and don't add clutter to your core address book on that device.

BJ
Something else I will try if my car ever gets here. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-18-2012, 10:56 AM
trinipirate trinipirate is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: CT
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 162
Mein Auto: 2013 328xi Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Try these (my latest):

1: Split-screen off
2: Split-screen on, arrow mode
3: Split-screen on, entertainment details.
4: Radio Station WFAN
5: iPod, Play Last Position
6: Nav, Directions List View
7: Nav, Stop Navigation
8: Nav, Start Guidance Home


Buttons 1-3: I do a lot of driving with the nav and like to have a quick ability to toggle between full screen and the two most important split-screens.

Buttons 4-5: I like having one-push access to instantly start one of the three audio input modes. Prevents the need to hit "Radio" and then scroll down to "Satellite" or "AM". If you make the shortcut from your list of Presets on the HUD you can scroll through all the different stations regardless of what source they come from. Same for iPod, starts playing last position, HUD for song lists.

Buttons 6-8: One touch ability to navigate Home, list of directions much easier to find, and end navigation.

BJ
+1
Except Joe & Evan
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-18-2012, 11:24 AM
jdong jdong is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Bay Area
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 104
Mein Auto: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
So far:

1. Radio Presets
2. Nav Map View
6. Eco Pro Analyzer. Been playing with it a bit, honestly this is gonna be booted out for something more useful.
7. Silly Hybrid animations because every passenger wants to see "that Prius screen"
8. Trip Computer


Still contemplating what to use the other buttons for
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-18-2012, 11:56 AM
mdsbuc's Avatar
mdsbuc mdsbuc is offline
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
Location: Tampa Bay
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,512
Mein Auto: F30 335i MSpt- Mus GT 5.0
I presume that the shortcut buttons are saved with the driver's key. Where as I might have a button set to a local sports station, my wife might have the same button set for NPR. Am I right about this? Once I've got the station I want, can I scroll through other other preset radio stations, or is it better to set the button as jdong has above, "1. Radio Presets."


.
__________________
.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers


2013 335i M Sport- EBII / BLACK / Dk Walnut
Pkgs-Prem/ DHP/ Tech/ DA/DA+ Opts- 8Sprt AT/ Htd FS/ HK/ Hi Bm Asst/ 403 19" w/perf

ED#2-04/23/13-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink
ED#1-10/10/05-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-18-2012, 01:57 PM
gweeta gweeta is offline
Registered User
Location: New England
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 85
Mein Auto: 2013 328i
BJ, thanks that was helpful. Can't wait to try some of this if my car ever gets out of port and into the US.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-18-2012, 02:37 PM
namelessman namelessman is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: northern california
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 874
Mein Auto: bimmer
Still haven't figured out the buttons, time to read the user's manual amidst holiday festivities.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-18-2012, 02:43 PM
boltjaM3s's Avatar
boltjaM3s boltjaM3s is offline
BMW Platinum Visa® Member
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,998
Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by namelessman View Post
Still haven't figured out the buttons, time to read the user's manual amidst holiday festivities.
The buttons are merely shortcuts to almost every function in the iDrive system so that you have one-button access and don't have to drill through numerous menus to get to them.

Many owners think of them merely as radio station buttons, and they are so much more than that.

As an example, BMW has buried the function that shows you the full, sequential list of turn-by-turn directions when you are navigating to a destination. It's there, but it requires a whole bunch of option button presses, wheel turns, back buttons, etc. Once you've located the function in iDrive, you merely put the focus (the red box) on that item and then press and hold a corresponding 1-8 shortcut button and its now there at your fingertips. Very cool to have a car that offers that level of customization.

BJ
__________________

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-18-2012, 02:49 PM
mdsbuc's Avatar
mdsbuc mdsbuc is offline
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
Location: Tampa Bay
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,512
Mein Auto: F30 335i MSpt- Mus GT 5.0
Thanks BJ! Great info.
__________________
.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers


2013 335i M Sport- EBII / BLACK / Dk Walnut
Pkgs-Prem/ DHP/ Tech/ DA/DA+ Opts- 8Sprt AT/ Htd FS/ HK/ Hi Bm Asst/ 403 19" w/perf

ED#2-04/23/13-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink
ED#1-10/10/05-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-18-2012, 02:49 PM
boltjaM3s's Avatar
boltjaM3s boltjaM3s is offline
BMW Platinum Visa® Member
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,998
Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsbuc View Post
Thanks BJ! Great info.
See, status enthusiasts can be helpful here too.

BJ
__________________

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-20-2012, 04:23 AM
MacManVA MacManVA is offline
Registered User
Location: Washington DC
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 85
Mein Auto: 2013 328i XDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post

As an example, BMW has buried the function that shows you the full, sequential list of turn-by-turn directions when you are navigating to a destination. It's there, but it requires a whole bunch of option button presses, wheel turns, back buttons, etc. Once you've located the function in iDrive, you merely put the focus (the red box) on that item and then press and hold a corresponding 1-8 shortcut button and its now there at your fingertips. Very cool to have a car that offers that level of customization.

BJ
BJ,

Great list. Are you referring to the "Route List" function in the navigation which I am not a big fan of or is there an actual way to get a complete list of directions?

Thanks!
__________________
'13 328i xDrive | Black Sapphire Metallic| SL | CWP | DAP | TP | PP | LP | HK Audio | SA with Paddles | AT Alarm | Totally Wicked Awesome!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-20-2012, 08:04 PM
boltjaM3s's Avatar
boltjaM3s boltjaM3s is offline
BMW Platinum Visa® Member
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,998
Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacManVA View Post
BJ,

Great list. Are you referring to the "Route List" function in the navigation which I am not a big fan of or is there an actual way to get a complete list of directions?

Thanks!


I'm referring to the Route Information screen which gives turn-by-turn directions to the destination along with a map view of each as you scroll over them. It's the only list view of the route.

Very useful for destinations where there are multiple ways to go, as often the human knows the more common-sense route than the computer does. Living in the NYC area, I rely on this screen a lot because the traffic system will re-route me and I can tap one button to see if it's sending me through the Bronx or up the coast of Manhattan to get to the George Washington Bridge.

BJ
__________________

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®

Last edited by boltjaM3s; 12-20-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms