Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series DIY

7 Series DIY
Do It Yourself forum dedicated for 7 Series BMW Owners

Old 08-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 745LI/ F02
For Those Of You Who Want To Access The Hidden Menu

For those of you who want to access the hidden menu please read. This option will allow you to check your current operating voltage level, engine temp an many more options which cannot be seen through the I drive follow these steps. 1st hold the reset button, the next light that would pop up would be "ABS". Ignore that and keep holding the reset button. There will be a second screen popping up, ignore that one as well and keep holding the reset button. As soon as the third screen pops up, release the reset button. This screen would have approx 15 or 16 options. Go the option which says "unlocking". Press and hold reset button. The unlocking menu will now appear on the right side. Input your unlocking code (for me it was 11 - add last 5 digits of your VIN number). As soon as you put the code, hold the reset button. The screen on right side would disappear now and you would be back to 15-16 option screen. Now go and select the desired option an press and hold the reset button while on the selected option. You would now see the info on the right side of the screen. I give all credit to "itsgonabeme".

Last edited by Rookie2008; 08-20-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Advertisement
Old 08-21-2012, 05:17 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 750i
On the 745 unlocking is item number 19.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:53 AM

Mein Auto: 03 BM760Li, 67 Mustang
Mine was 3...

Just like rookie 2008 said...add the last 5 digits together! Thanks rookie!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:52 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 750LI
Can anyone provide an explanation for each option available to select? Yes, ones like the charging mv reading are easily understood...but there are several that are not.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:56 PM

Mein Auto: E65 730D / Jeep's
What is the "SW-reset ?" ?
Old 07-24-2013, 07:02 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 750i
For Those Of You Who Want To Access The Hidden Menu

Software reset.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 09-04-2013, 06:30 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 750LI
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjjklj View Post
Software reset.

Yeah but has anyone done it to see what it does?

Sport Package, Rear Entertainment Package, Comfort Access, Cold Weather Package, Smoking Package, L7 High Def Audio
Mods = Powdercoated 149s, Black hood vent and kidneys, LED lighting update, BMW puddle lights (all doors), custom coding by "Triple_O_Coding" (including VIM), updated navi DVD from "PAPER", 90C hybrid thermostat.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:05 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 760Li
I wanted to unlock so I could display my battery voltage in the Combi, but I was not able to find the code (i.e. 11, or 19). Also, the instructions above mention adding the last 5 digits of the VIN, how exactly is that done? I can use the button to advance 1, 2, 3, ...45 but cannot go past that limit. So is it something like 11 + 12345 = 26 or is it 1112345? Specifics are better! I read another post that mentioned turning the button on the Combi instead of pressing it, have not tried that yet...

Ed
Old 01-13-2014, 04:43 PM

Mein Auto: 03 BM760Li, 67 Mustang
If the last 5 digits of your vin were 12345, your unlocking code would be 1+2+3+4+5 which equals 15. Therefore, your unlocking code is 15. Keep pressing the button until you get to unlocking and then hold the button until it changes. Once there, tap the button until it counts up to 15 and then hold it when you are there. It will now be unlocked.