Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-25-2012, 07:55 PM
seariver seariver is offline
Registered User
Location: Illinois
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: X1
Order placed, but left the dealership with no production number

It's my first time to buy a new car.
After long time discussion on the price, I went to one BMW dealership today to place the order.

It seemed all things went well at the beginning with my CA.
I signed the printed configuration paper, with the MSPR on it, and the discount price dealer gave me.

Then, the dealer gave me the OTD price sheet, about all the items regarding the discount price, the tax, plate/license fee, etc.

And I payed $1000 deposit by credit card.
Then he told me he would place the order with his manager and would give me another paper to sign. I guess it is a printed paper from BMW ordering system.

After a while, he told me I was all set for today. No additional document signed.
He will call me about the production status.

I'm so confused. Did the order really placed? My CA didn't give me the production number.

Is there something strange?
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 08-25-2012, 08:06 PM
irianjim irianjim is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Oklahoma City
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 165
Mein Auto: 2013 335i Vert
I think you are fine. This is the way it worked for me for my purchase for a European Delivery next month. I think they have to enter the order and then the production number comes back from BMW. It took me a bit of time to get mine back......good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-25-2012, 08:26 PM
Orient330iNYC's Avatar
Orient330iNYC Orient330iNYC is online now
Flying monkey herder
Location: Wall St
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 7,133
Mein Auto: Daihatsu Terrios
Quote:
Originally Posted by irianjim View Post
I think you are fine. This is the way it worked for me for my purchase for a European Delivery next month. I think they have to enter the order and then the production number comes back from BMW. It took me a bit of time to get mine back......good luck.
if the dealer has an allocation, they can give you the production number on the spot. no production number= no definite date of production.
__________________
Past: 2001 330i ZSP/ZPP/Step
Past: 2004 S60R 6MT Sport
Past: 2007 335i 6MT ZSP/ZCW/322/655
Past: 2010 335xi ZMP/ZCW/ZPP/PPK/PE
Present: 2013 335i 6MT ZMM/ZDH/ZTP/3AG/494/508
Current Homeland Threat Level:
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-25-2012, 08:07 PM
justinnum1's Avatar
justinnum1 justinnum1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,737
Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Yea, Manger should just have changed a current allocated car to your preferences and given you the production number.
__________________
F30 335 Estoril Blue Msport with performance exhasut and black grilles
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-25-2012, 08:08 PM
Arciga18 Arciga18 is offline
Ekon Hitman
Location: Chicago
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 197
Mein Auto: 2009 328xi
I see you're in illinois. what dealer?? From reading around here, they should have given you a production number. I say Monday morning call the CA on his cell phone and follow up.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-25-2012, 08:30 PM
seariver seariver is offline
Registered User
Location: Illinois
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: X1
Thank you all!
My CA told me I was on the right time today, because it's the last day they could modify one of their allocation. So I suppose I should have the production number.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-25-2012, 08:55 PM
VLing VLing is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Portland, Oregon
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 178
Mein Auto: BMW 2013 328i Sedan
If they changed an existing production allocation (that has a number) for your order; they could have printed a vehicle inquiry report from their DCS system. The report would have shown your configuration with a production number and an Order Status of "112 - Scheduled for Daily". The Priority would have change to "1 - Customer Sold". Otherwise, they might not have a current allocation and will have to wait for BMW to run another dealer allocation cycle. Not sure how often that happens. Good luck...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-29-2012, 02:47 PM
seariver seariver is offline
Registered User
Location: Illinois
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: X1
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLing View Post
If they changed an existing production allocation (that has a number) for your order; they could have printed a vehicle inquiry report from their DCS system. The report would have shown your configuration with a production number and an Order Status of "112 - Scheduled for Daily". The Priority would have change to "1 - Customer Sold". Otherwise, they might not have a current allocation and will have to wait for BMW to run another dealer allocation cycle. Not sure how often that happens. Good luck...
Thank you for the detail information!
Right now, I highly doubt my order has been placed yet.

I don't want to be too pushy, so I only sent a mail this Monday to my CA.
No response.
I called the office Tuesday, my CA is out of office. I sent a mail again.
I got the reply from my CA late today,
and he told me his manager is out of town, and will not return next Monday.
And his manager is the only person who can access these information.

But how did he knows he had two allocations and last Saturday is the last day they can modify them.
It's highly possible that's a trick to push us pay the deposit.

Any suggestions right now?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-29-2012, 03:29 PM
doc_maverick doc_maverick is offline
Registered User
Location: philadelphia
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 59
Mein Auto: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by seariver View Post
Thank you for the detail information!
Right now, I highly doubt my order has been placed yet.

I don't want to be too pushy, so I only sent a mail this Monday to my CA.
No response.
I called the office Tuesday, my CA is out of office. I sent a mail again.
I got the reply from my CA late today,
and he told me his manager is out of town, and will not return next Monday.
And his manager is the only person who can access these information.

But how did he knows he had two allocations and last Saturday is the last day they can modify them.
It's highly possible that's a trick to push us pay the deposit.

Any suggestions right now?
I think you should be fine. I left the dealership without a definite production number. In my case it was way past the normal closing hours for the dealership on a Saturday, so getting the production number was going to be an issue anyways. After I read on these forums that most if not everyone received an order number by the time they left the dealership, I got a little antsy, but just emailed my CA and he got back to me with the production and VIN number within a week from placing the actual order. So don't worry....your order should be in . Just keep insisting for a production number at the earliest.

Congratulations on your new order !
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-29-2012, 03:56 PM
enig44 enig44 is offline
Registered User
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 62
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 328 m sport
I also placed an order last Saturday, called the CA and got the production # on Monday. Question - will the bmw site eventually show my VIN #? Or do I need to call for that?

My production status shows order processing and will be updated when build is scheduled. If it's an existing allocation would that mean that it already had a build date scheduled?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-29-2012, 09:28 PM
VLing VLing is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Portland, Oregon
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 178
Mein Auto: BMW 2013 328i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by seariver View Post
Thank you for the detail information!
Right now, I highly doubt my order has been placed yet.

I don't want to be too pushy, so I only sent a mail this Monday to my CA.
No response.
I called the office Tuesday, my CA is out of office. I sent a mail again.
I got the reply from my CA late today,
and he told me his manager is out of town, and will not return next Monday.
And his manager is the only person who can access these information.

But how did he knows he had two allocations and last Saturday is the last day they can modify them.
It's highly possible that's a trick to push us pay the deposit.

Any suggestions right now?
It might be true that only the Sales Manager can access the DCS system and not the CA. But, you would think the Sales Manager would have an assistant Manager in his/her absence that could access the DCS system. Something smells. Is it a large BMW dealership?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-29-2012, 09:44 PM
seariver seariver is offline
Registered User
Location: Illinois
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLing View Post
It might be true that only the Sales Manager can access the DCS system and not the CA. But, you would think the Sales Manager would have an assistant Manager in his/her absence that could access the DCS system. Something smells. Is it a large BMW dealership?
Yes. Their manager is out, and they cannot process any orders for the rest of this week. Sounds ridicules.

It's not a large dealership.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-29-2012, 09:34 PM
Orient330iNYC's Avatar
Orient330iNYC Orient330iNYC is online now
Flying monkey herder
Location: Wall St
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 7,133
Mein Auto: Daihatsu Terrios
Quote:
Originally Posted by seariver View Post
Thank you for the detail information!
Right now, I highly doubt my order has been placed yet.

I don't want to be too pushy, so I only sent a mail this Monday to my CA.
No response.
I called the office Tuesday, my CA is out of office. I sent a mail again.
I got the reply from my CA late today,
and he told me his manager is out of town, and will not return next Monday.
And his manager is the only person who can access these information.

But how did he knows he had two allocations and last Saturday is the last day they can modify them.
It's highly possible that's a trick to push us pay the deposit.

Any suggestions right now?
unless things have changed, any sales person that can enter an order can run a vehicle inquiry on DCS/ centernet...so if what he says is true, your order has not been entered yet... this tells me they either do not yet have a production allocation, or are holding out to see if someone else will pay more for the ones they have...

its not the deposit persay, its taking you off the market-- you're "invested" with the dealer thus unlikely to continue shopping other dealers
__________________
Past: 2001 330i ZSP/ZPP/Step
Past: 2004 S60R 6MT Sport
Past: 2007 335i 6MT ZSP/ZCW/322/655
Past: 2010 335xi ZMP/ZCW/ZPP/PPK/PE
Present: 2013 335i 6MT ZMM/ZDH/ZTP/3AG/494/508
Current Homeland Threat Level:
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-29-2012, 09:46 PM
VLing VLing is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Portland, Oregon
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 178
Mein Auto: BMW 2013 328i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orient330iNYC View Post
unless things have changed, any sales person that can enter an order can run a vehicle inquiry on DCS/ centernet...so if what he says is true, your order has not been entered yet... this tells me they either do not yet have a production allocation, or are holding out to see if someone else will pay more for the ones they have...

its not the deposit persay, its taking you off the market-- you're "invested" with the dealer thus unlikely to continue shopping other dealers
Each BMW dealership has it's own process and who has access and who does not. Dealerships are independent business and my have different controls in place. Some dealers may only allow the Sale Managers to enter orders. That is why I asked the poster whether it is a small or large dealer. I work with dealers (including BMW) and have observe vast differences in the way a dealer franchise is run in the sales, parts and service operations.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Impatient Impatient is offline
Registered User
Location: Southeast, USA
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 44
Mein Auto: 2013 328i
I went through the paperwork via email for my order. I believe I got the production order number as part of the exchange that day & got my VIN 2 days later.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-29-2012, 04:09 PM
Cbinc Cbinc is offline
Registered User
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 60
Mein Auto: What I can steal
Quote:
Originally Posted by seariver View Post
It's my first time to buy a new car.
After long time discussion on the price, I went to one BMW dealership today to place the order.

It seemed all things went well at the beginning with my CA.
I signed the printed configuration paper, with the MSPR on it, and the discount price dealer gave me.

Then, the dealer gave me the OTD price sheet, about all the items regarding the discount price, the tax, plate/license fee, etc.

And I payed $1000 deposit by credit card.
Then he told me he would place the order with his manager and would give me another paper to sign. I guess it is a printed paper from BMW ordering system.

After a while, he told me I was all set for today. No additional document signed.
He will call me about the production status.

I'm so confused. Did the order really placed? My CA didn't give me the production number.

Is there something strange?
I wouldn't be concerned. I completed my transaction this morning around 11:30am and when I asked my dealer if I could have a production number he said he would have it to me by end of day. I followed up with him via email at around 5:30pm and within a few minutes he replied back to me with my production number.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-29-2012, 07:26 PM
seariver seariver is offline
Registered User
Location: Illinois
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: X1
I hope my oder went well.

But when I went to the dealership, my CA told me he would modify one in production slot. So I thought it's good that I can get my car a little bit earlier.
And after I payed the deposit, nothing happened. Maybe the dealership had to wait for another round allocation.

I'm even considering to cancel the order...

Last edited by seariver; 08-29-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-31-2012, 10:06 AM
seariver seariver is offline
Registered User
Location: Illinois
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: X1
I'm really frustrated. My CA didn't answer my question whether my order has been placed or not. (I asked him by mail two days ago).

I called the dealership, my CA is out. Another CA answered the call, he told me he checked the system, there is the order. (hope this CA has higher priority than my CA, because he can access the DCS system)
When I asked my production number, he asked his manager about it (hope the manager is not my CA's manager, who is supposed to be out of office until next Tuesday).
And still no production number, but it may be available next Tuesday after the holiday.

And I asked whether I can cancel my order. His manager said no, because it has passed some phases.
So the order is in BMW system but no production number???

I called BMW NA, the customer representative told me the only way to track the status is the production number.

I don't know what to do next. Another local dealer promise me an allocation slot he has, and if ordered, my car will be here in October.

Last edited by seariver; 08-31-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-31-2012, 11:10 AM
samualcc samualcc is offline
I probably dislike you...
Location: Philadelphia PA
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 775
Mein Auto: 2013 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by seariver View Post
I'm really frustrated. My CA didn't answer my question whether my order has been placed or not. (I asked him by mail two days ago).

I called the dealership, my CA is out. Another CA answered the call, he told me he checked the system, there is the order. (hope this CA has higher priority than my CA, because he can access the DCS system)
When I asked my production number, he asked his manager about it (hope the manager is not my CA's manager, who is supposed to be out of office until next Tuesday).
And still no production number, but it may be available next Tuesday after the holiday.

And I asked whether I can cancel my order. His manager said no, because it has passed some phases.
So the order is in BMW system but no production number???

I called BMW NA, the customer representative told me the only way to track the status is the production number.

I don't know what to do next. Another local dealer promise me an allocation slot he has, and if ordered, my car will be here in October.
Call them back and ask for a Vehicle Inquiry Report (VIR) by name. Ask them to email it to you. You can also ask them for the Order Status from the VIR before you hang up. If they cannot give you an Order Status number or cannot send you a VIR, do not hang up, cancel your order and keep asking for managers until you get someone who can help you.

If they can get you a VIR, then you are in okay shape. It will have your prod number on it, as well as your customer information, and a list of all the options which you selected for your car.

If they can't do this, then they are either misleading you or incompetent, and in either case, run.
__________________
2013 BMW 328i Sport - Back in the family!
2007 Honda Civic Si Sedan (Retired, Meh)
2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT (Retired, great car)
2002 325xi (Retired, very much missed)
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-31-2012, 11:13 AM
samualcc samualcc is offline
I probably dislike you...
Location: Philadelphia PA
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 775
Mein Auto: 2013 328i Sport
I also forgot to mention that they may threaten not to give you your deposit back. Basically tell them to go F themselves and that they have no right to keep it. They cannot prove that they ordered your car, and you are extremely unhappy with them and taking your business else where. If they refuse, call your credit card company and dispute the charge. Also probably worth another call to BMW NA to let them know how displeased you are.
__________________
2013 BMW 328i Sport - Back in the family!
2007 Honda Civic Si Sedan (Retired, Meh)
2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT (Retired, great car)
2002 325xi (Retired, very much missed)
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-03-2012, 08:57 AM
seariver seariver is offline
Registered User
Location: Illinois
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by samualcc View Post
I also forgot to mention that they may threaten not to give you your deposit back. Basically tell them to go F themselves and that they have no right to keep it. They cannot prove that they ordered your car, and you are extremely unhappy with them and taking your business else where. If they refuse, call your credit card company and dispute the charge. Also probably worth another call to BMW NA to let them know how displeased you are.
Thank you for your detail suggestion! My CA sent me the screen shot of VIN this morning.
No VIN, No production number,
the status is "047 - Spec. released-no quota avail"

Hmmm. It seems they didn't have an allocation slot for my car.
But my CA told me when I sign the order that it was the last day they could modify one allocation slot.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-03-2012, 10:16 AM
rdle_F30 rdle_F30 is offline
Driving for fun again. .
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 108
Mein Auto: 2013 335i SportLine
Quote:
Originally Posted by seariver View Post
Thank you for your detail suggestion! My CA sent me the screen shot of VIN this morning.
No VIN, No production number,
the status is "047 - Spec. released-no quota avail"

Hmmm. It seems they didn't have an allocation slot for my car.
But my CA told me when I sign the order that it was the last day they could modify one allocation slot.

Seems they "misrepresented" their ability to place your order with BMWNA. Run don't walk away from them and find a dealer that has an allocation/build slot or tells you the truth about when they will get one.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-30-2012, 01:57 PM
SergioK's Avatar
SergioK SergioK is offline
Donkeybike?
Location: N35 29.359 W119 32.670
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 3,678
Mein Auto: HP2Sport - R1200GS - F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by seariver View Post
Thank you for your detail suggestion! My CA sent me the screen shot of VIN this morning.
No VIN, No production number,
the status is "047 - Spec. released-no quota avail"

Hmmm. It seems they didn't have an allocation slot for my car.
But my CA told me when I sign the order that it was the last day they could modify one allocation slot.
Order status 047 means BMW NA has the order (in their systems with your specs) for the car but no production slots are available. Your CA has to bug NA for an production slot. Depending on current demand that can take up to a week (or more). Think of it as a queue before the queue.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-31-2012, 02:35 PM
rdle_F30 rdle_F30 is offline
Driving for fun again. .
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 108
Mein Auto: 2013 335i SportLine
Quote:
Originally Posted by seariver View Post
I'm really frustrated. My CA didn't answer my question whether my order has been placed or not. (I asked him by mail two days ago).

I don't know what to do next. Another local dealer promise me an allocation slot he has, and if ordered, my car will be here in October.
Next thing you should do is cancel the order and place an order with a dealer that has an allocation slot. Ask them for a production week and production number. They are on the VIR from dealerspeed.net the dealer will give you. Your car should be delivered to you about 6-8 weeks from the production completion date.

My dealer called me the last week in May and said they had a July build slot available. I'm on the West coast and my car was completed July 5th. I picked it up at the dealership August 14th.


Good luck.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-08-2012, 07:58 PM
bradshawsa bradshawsa is offline
Registered User
Location: Virginia
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 19
Mein Auto: 2013 535i Individual
Question Order Status Help!

Ordered my first BMW on 09/22/2012. The CA working with me explained the following: We will use another car order and modify it to your specs. Then this will become your car and Production Number. The paperwork I was given was titled "Order Modification Confirmation Dealer". On the right side of the printout there is a section that says "Your order request have been Rejected". SABI Exception: Earliest possible production week is greater than Sub.Req.Week, Earliest production week 45/11/2012. Status: 111-, priority Code: 1-Customer Sold

What does all this mean? Has car been ordered? Thanks, have put $8000 on car as required for order to go through.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms