Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Luv

Mein Auto: '13 F30
Updated ConnectedDrive & iDrive 4.2 - Anyone waiting for the update?

http://www.bmwblog.com/2012/07/12/bm...onnecteddrive/

So this is old news, but this article is stating new hardware will begin to roll out in the F30 starting in November. Just yesterday I put in an order for an F30 (super stoked!!!), but then just saw this news.

I'm pretty clueless as to the timeline of production, but it seems like I'll just barely miss out on this hardware update. What do you guys think.. is it worth it to wait and put in the order closer to november?
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2012, 04:44 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2015 320i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGuy View Post
http://www.bmwblog.com/2012/07/12/bm...onnecteddrive/

So this is old news, but this article is stating new hardware will begin to roll out in the F30 starting in November. Just yesterday I put in an order for an F30 (super stoked!!!), but then just saw this news.

I'm pretty clueless as to the timeline of production, but it seems like I'll just barely miss out on this hardware update. What do you guys think.. is it worth it to wait and put in the order closer to november?
This is like getting an iPhone 4S today when you know that the iPhone 5 will be available in a week or so.

Unless there will be a price increase from November production that you are not willing to absorb then just wait. It is not that you will be getting a non-tested upgrade, the F10 already got the new hardware/software since July. So by the time the F30 gets it perhaps it could even get updates by then...
Old 09-24-2012, 10:14 PM

Mein Auto: Looking for a new car!
Angry

I have been corresponding with a military sales representative regarding purchasing a new 335i and have received information which indicates the new iDrive will not be coming to the 3 series sedan until the 2014 model year. Here is the direct quote lifted from my email from my CA. Please excuse any gramatical errors, this is from Germany after all.

"I’ve just received the confirmation again that the NBT hardware will be launched on all F30 US models in July 2013. The worldwide F30 models will have the NBT hardware as of November production, but as the US market has to fulfill the requirement to offer major product changes in conjunction with a new model year, the launch has been postponed to July 2013."
Old 09-24-2012, 10:19 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Correct, new iDrive will not be here till 2013. It will not be here in november
Old 09-25-2012, 08:08 AM
Swedish Murder Machine

Mein Auto: 328i x-drive
Well at least I didn't wait to put my order in over this.

Isn't there another major i-drive update coming in the next year or two already announced which adds a touch recognition surface to the top of the i-drive control among other things?
Old 09-25-2012, 09:09 AM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i

It's faster processors, but the big win (if you can call it that) is advanced voice recognition which costs $20 a month. You can dictate emails and such, but it's really a revenue stream to bring pricey apps to us. I'm sure it'll work with current iDrive systems too.

I'm more excited about Apple's "Eyes Free" BMW integration with iPhone 5 and iOS6 which will do the same thing for iPhone users. This was mentioned at the June keynote by Scott Forestall and BMW shown as a launch partner by May 2013.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Old 09-25-2012, 11:55 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 328i F30
I thought we already knew that the new iDrive controller would not be rolling out with November production. What I (and others) have been waiting on is the new Navigation software/hardware (faster processor and bigger hard drive) that is supposed to begin production in November.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:59 AM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzaborn View Post
I thought we already knew that the new iDrive controller would not be rolling out with November production. What I (and others) have been waiting on is the new Navigation software/hardware (faster processor and bigger hard drive) that is supposed to begin production in November.
I read in another forum that US vehicles aren't delivering with the new system until February. The rollout begins in November but for Europe only I believe.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Old 09-27-2012, 04:37 PM

Mein Auto: E90 32Nxi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzaborn View Post
If you mean the touch-pad controller, I believe F30 will not get it for a couple years. It may debut with the new X5 (according to the full announcement).
Old 10-09-2012, 04:46 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 328xi
to wait or not?

As I'm getting close to place an order for a 335 xi I was wondering if you guys have any new info about the new iDrive. I have asked my CA to look into this. My current lease is set to expire in less than 3 months and have to get a new car asap , but at the same time I can wait 3 more weeks to get the new iDrive.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dromader View Post
As I'm getting close to place an order for a 335 xi I was wondering if you guys have any new info about the new iDrive. I have asked my CA to look into this. My current lease is set to expire in less than 3 months and have to get a new car asap , but at the same time I can wait 3 more weeks to get the new iDrive.
latest word is the new idrive is coming in a few weeks but the touch pad thing wont be here till next year.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Luv

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
latest word is the new idrive is coming in a few weeks but the touch pad thing wont be here till next year.
Latest word from where?

From the emails posted in this thread, it seems like there are conflicting reports with one email sent out saying all F30 models will come equipped with the new hardware update this year. Yet in another email it was said that only the ActiveHybrid 3 models would be getting the hardware update in November.

And by hardware update, I mean 250 GB hard drive, Intel 1.3 GHz CPU, and NVidia graphics card.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dromader View Post
Search the WWW for a thread titled "New iDrive Navigation Professional system for F30, ActiveHybrid 3, 5 Series, 7 series" Lots of details there. For MY13, BMW may only be releasing the updates in non-US builds.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:10 PM

Mein Auto: GMC Envoy
I just ordered a 3 Series for November production. This is what I just received from BMW in Germany.

Dear Mr. xxxxx,

with the beginning of November all BMW 3 Series Sedans with the optional Navigation System Professional will be produced with the upgraded navigation system.

Kind regards

BMW Group
Kai Lichte
Konzernkommunikation und Politik
Produktkommunikation BMW Automobile
80788 München
Tel: +49-89-382-51240
Mobil: +49-176-601-51240
mailto: kai.lichte@bmw.de
Url: http://www.press.bmwgroup.com
Old 09-25-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdsrfr View Post
I just ordered a 3 Series for November production. This is what I just received from BMW in Germany.

Dear Mr. xxxxx,

with the beginning of November all BMW 3 Series Sedans with the optional Navigation System Professional will be produced with the upgraded navigation system.

Kind regards

BMW Group
Kai Lichte
80788 München
There seems to be a lot of confusion over this. I have read that it wont have it from people within BMW. hopefully it does tho.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:39 PM
Luv

Quote:

Dear Mr. xxxxx,

Kind regards

BMW Group
Kai Lichte
80788 München
My CA forwarded me this:

Quote:
Hello xxx,

Are you referring to the upgraded/enhanced Navigation? If so the F30 will not be receiving it this Nov. The only 3 series will be the Active Hybrid 3.

Thank you,

BMW Group
Erik Alman
Because of this email I put my order in for October production...
Old 09-27-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
This early? You found allocation for a Nov build?
Old 10-10-2012, 08:04 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 328xi
Thank you guys for the info. I did read most of the threads about the new iDrive but they kind of died mid September without any definitive answer. I hope to get some info from the CA soon and I'll post it here if is more than what we know already. However I decided to wait for a November build .., what's the harm