Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-20-2012, 10:53 AM
335Fanatic 335Fanatic is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New York, NY
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 128
Mein Auto: F80 M3
BMW Lease Program month to month locking

Quick question. Let's say I lock September's BMW Lease Program by submitting (and getting approved) an online financing application. Do I have to do the same thing in October?
So when November comes, let's say I want to use October's program...

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 09-20-2012, 11:07 AM
Justin@NCBMW Justin@NCBMW is offline
'Fest Sponsor
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 972
Mein Auto: MY13 X5 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335Fanatic View Post
Quick question. Let's say I lock September's BMW Lease Program by submitting (and getting approved) an online financing application. Do I have to do the same thing in October?
So when November comes, let's say I want to use October's program...

Thanks in advance.
No, once approved you are locked in for 60 days. You may use the Sept or Oct program as long as it's within the lock period.
__________________
Justin W.
Lease Portfolio/ED Manager
New Century BMW ~ 7 Time Center of Excellence recipient 2013 PIA winner

1139 W Main St Alhambra, CA 91081

(800) 286-4269 Main Office
(626) 570-8444 ext. 4675


Click here to email me!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-20-2012, 11:32 AM
335Fanatic 335Fanatic is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New York, NY
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 128
Mein Auto: F80 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@NCBMW View Post
No, once approved you are locked in for 60 days. You may use the Sept or Oct program as long as it's within the lock period.
Makes perfect sense, thank you!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-20-2012, 01:06 PM
dzaborn dzaborn is offline
Registered User
Location: Jacksonville, FL
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 79
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 328i F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@NCBMW View Post
No, once approved you are locked in for 60 days. You may use the Sept or Oct program as long as it's within the lock period.
Do you only have to place your order within the 60 days, or take delivery of the car within 60 days?

I am going to be ordering at the very end of October (which would be within 60 days) for a November build and would like to go ahead and get my rate locked in with the September rates assuming it will still be good for an estimated December delivery date.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-20-2012, 01:15 PM
Justin@NCBMW Justin@NCBMW is offline
'Fest Sponsor
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 972
Mein Auto: MY13 X5 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzaborn View Post
Do you only have to place your order within the 60 days, or take delivery of the car within 60 days?

I am going to be ordering at the very end of October (which would be within 60 days) for a November build and would like to go ahead and get my rate locked in with the September rates assuming it will still be good for an estimated December delivery date.
Take delivery within 60 days of lock
__________________
Justin W.
Lease Portfolio/ED Manager
New Century BMW ~ 7 Time Center of Excellence recipient 2013 PIA winner

1139 W Main St Alhambra, CA 91081

(800) 286-4269 Main Office
(626) 570-8444 ext. 4675


Click here to email me!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-20-2012, 03:49 PM
dzaborn dzaborn is offline
Registered User
Location: Jacksonville, FL
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 79
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 328i F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@NCBMW View Post
Take delivery within 60 days of lock
Thanks JustinW.

Does that mean that you have to place an order without being locked in at a rate, since order time to delivery within 8 weeks is cutting it close? I just assumed at order time that you were pre-approved at a rate and the terms of the lease/buy finalized.

So if your car takes 9 weeks to be delivered you have to go through the pre-approval process again and are subject to whatever the rate/terms are at time of delivery?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-20-2012, 03:36 PM
Tiefseeblau F10's Avatar
Tiefseeblau F10 Tiefseeblau F10 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Murrieta, CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 197
Mein Auto: Deep Sea Blue F10 528i
How about ED? Would I have to take delivery in Munich within the 60 days (90 days in the west coast), or when my car arrives in the states?

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Bimmer App
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Justin@NCBMW Justin@NCBMW is offline
'Fest Sponsor
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 972
Mein Auto: MY13 X5 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02E46enroute View Post
How about ED? Would I have to take delivery in Munich within the 60 days (90 days in the west coast), or when my car arrives in the states?

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Bimmer App
You have to contract within 60/(90 west region)days
__________________
Justin W.
Lease Portfolio/ED Manager
New Century BMW ~ 7 Time Center of Excellence recipient 2013 PIA winner

1139 W Main St Alhambra, CA 91081

(800) 286-4269 Main Office
(626) 570-8444 ext. 4675


Click here to email me!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-20-2012, 05:16 PM
Tiefseeblau F10's Avatar
Tiefseeblau F10 Tiefseeblau F10 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Murrieta, CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 197
Mein Auto: Deep Sea Blue F10 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@NCBMW View Post
You have to contract within 60/(90 west region)days
So does that mean I can take delivery in Munich anytime after the 60 or 90 day period as long as I contract within that time frame?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-20-2012, 05:21 PM
SARAFIL's Avatar
SARAFIL SARAFIL is offline
I know a thing or two...
Location: Boston, MA
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,406
Mein Auto: '11 BMW 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02E46enroute View Post
So does that mean I can take delivery in Munich anytime after the 60 or 90 day period as long as I contract within that time frame?
Not exactly. You can't contract until the car has a VIN, and there is no VIN until they build it which is within a certain time period of your pickup. Not sure what the exact time limit is, but there is a limit in how long you can wait driven by how far in advance they build ED cars.
__________________
2011 BMW 335xi Sedan -- Black Sapphire / Black Leather
Sport, Premium, Cold Weather Packages, Navigation

Former: 2013 335i xDrive Sedan -- 2011 335i xDrive Coupe -- 2009 MCS JCW -- 2006 MZ4 -- 2002 325i -- 1997 318ti -- 1991 318i
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-20-2012, 06:47 PM
Tiefseeblau F10's Avatar
Tiefseeblau F10 Tiefseeblau F10 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Murrieta, CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 197
Mein Auto: Deep Sea Blue F10 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL View Post
Not exactly. You can't contract until the car has a VIN, and there is no VIN until they build it which is within a certain time period of your pickup. Not sure what the exact time limit is, but there is a limit in how long you can wait driven by how far in advance they build ED cars.
The reason im curious because I'm considering doing ED on a 2013 528i and I'm waiting to see if and what kind of incentives or holiday cash BMW will offer towrds the end of the year. I'm trying to plan a rough draft of my trip and I would prefer to travel out to Germany around April.

So lets say I put a deposit towards the end of any programs or incentives, wait for a VIN and pay for the car within the 90 day lock period (i'm in the west coast), can I fly out to Munich and take delivery of my car anytime after 90 day lock period as long a I contract and pay for the car within the 90 day period?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms