Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:34 PM
BimmerMyFriend

Mein Auto: 2013 328i Sedan
Which wax is best for 2013 bmw?

I just got a can of meguiars ultimate paste wax and read a few forums on waxing first. My concern is staining of plastic trim. I have an m package which has some black trim on the
rear bumper and I am not sure which other trim might be stained by this type of product.
Does anyone have input on this? The last thing I want to do is stain trim parts on my car.
My car is Alpine white.
Thanks!
Advertisement
Old 09-30-2012, 05:58 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyleigh View Post
I just got a can of meguiars ultimate paste wax and read a few forums on waxing first. My concern is staining of plastic trim. I have an m package which has some black trim on the
rear bumper and I am not sure which other trim might be stained by this type of product.
Does anyone have input on this? The last thing I want to do is stain trim parts on my car.
My car is Alpine white.
Thanks!
dont wax the platsic parts
Old 09-30-2012, 06:04 PM
just copacetic!!!

Mein Auto: 2013 328i, 2003 325i
Quote:
My car is Alpine white.
Thanks!
I've used "Klasse All-in-One" for years and have not had any issues with it. Just did our Alpine White and did not have problems with staining the trim. It applies easily and buffs off nicely with a random orbital polisher. Will apply Wolfgang's Deep Gloss Paint Sealer over the Klasse - didn't have time this go around. There are so many ways and materials available, you'll get different opinions from everyone .
'89 325i Bronz, AT(retired)
'02 325i StlGrey, AT, PP, SP
'13 328i AlpWhite, AT8, Xenon, HK
Old 10-01-2012, 06:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to vern
Mein Auto: 01 330ci 05 530i 06 X3
Thumbs up

Quote:
My car is Alpine white.
Thanks!
P21S NO white residue on any parts that you might get it on. Goes on and off easy and holds up very good. Good luck
cheers
vern
2012 335iA Blk. Sapphire- Sport-Blk. Dakota Leather/Red-Brushed Alum.Trim-DAP-PP-CWP Rear View Camera-BMW Asst w/Enhanced BT&USB-High Gloss Blk.Trim Hghight-PSP-Speed Limit Info-Tech. Pkg-PDC-Rear Manual Sun Shades-SAT-Variable Sport Steering-Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats-Euro Del 5/14/12-Redelivery 7/16/12 2006 X3 3.0iA 4/6 Silver Gray Metallic-Black Leather-Nav-PP-SP-Xenon Headlights-PDC-Heated Front Seats-Privacy Glass-Servotronic Steering-Premium Sound System-R R R- Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats
Old 10-01-2012, 07:44 AM
it has arrived!

Mein Auto: 2013 bmw 328i xdrive seda
I have always been happy with zaino products on my other cars. PREP is important no MATTER what you use.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:45 AM

Mein Auto: Nissan Maxima
Nothing is easier to use than Klasse and the results are fantastic.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:00 AM

Mein Auto: 01 M5, 08 535xit
Klasse all in one is not a wax or sealant and it's protection is minimal.

There is no one wax or sealant. Waxes give the best shine, sealants give the longest protection. Typically the harder it is to remove, the longer it lasts. Howveer, as noted, there are good products that can get onto plastic parts and not discolor them. And good products that apply easily.

Klasse sealant glaze is amazing, but it takes a lot of experience to apply and remove it right...otherwise it's a pain in the butt.

Griots show liquid wax is easy to use and remove, has a great shine, and lasts a fe months.

I drive 20k miles a year or more and have a black car. I use sealant glaze in the spring after a clay and polish job. A few months later I top it with a good griots wax. I care about protection mostly, shine second.

If I had a silver car or other light metallic, focus my efforts on sealants only twice or three times per year.

If I drove in low dust conditions and only drove 10k miles a year, I might do 5x per year wax jobs with only carnauba for great shine.

See what I mean....no one way for all peopel
Old 10-01-2012, 10:29 AM
I probably dislike you...

Mein Auto: 2013 328i Sport
I have been using Werkstat products on my new Alpine white vehicle, and have been pleased.

http://www.werkstat.com/index2.php

I used acrylic prime then four coats of acrylic jet. It is so easy to put on, and has a nice sheen. Been doing quick details with their gloss product and have been very happy with it.

Might try Zaino once my supply runs out.
2002 325xi (Retired, very much missed)