Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Old 10-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Complete Listing: MY2013 Lease Residuals -- The Final Push

Now you can download the attached .PDF and learn what the current offerings are for your Model Year 2013 New BMW models as well as available option credit, loyalty rebates, ...etc.

Residual values posted in BOLD reflect those that have been enhanced since the last program period. F10 buyers should pay particular attention to the column that says "39 months" as this "split-term option" will yield a disproportionately lower payment than >39<...

As for lease factors, you guys are going to need to do a little of the legwork on your own as this is deemed "confidential" and if I post them for you all here, too many dealers will complain, and BMW will not be happy. With my dual role with them I need to remain in good standing and will oblige. But that does keep you all from discovering and sharing. What I can tell you is that the rate that has been "the norm" for a while now, well if you reduce it by the functional equivalent of 0.24% A.P.R., you will have it...

Good luck and best regards.

Now go make your deals!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf OCTOBER.pdf (718.8 KB, 1543 views)

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2012, 07:02 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: range rover
Very surprised to see them up the residual and lower the mf now on the gran coupe, was expecting something like this in November. Do you believe it will get even better during the holidays? It seems like my car won't come in until January now, so I won't be able to take advantage of the October rates, I am just hoping the November/December rates will at the very least be as good as October.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
Very surprised to see them up the residual and lower the mf now on the gran coupe, was expecting something like this in November. Do you believe it will get even better during the holidays? It seems like my car won't come in until January now, so I won't be able to take advantage of the October rates, I am just hoping the November/December rates will at the very least be as good as October.
It is awfully difficult to predict their next move. If sales rates increase, they will not change..

Old 10-02-2012, 07:19 PM

Mein Auto: E70 & F04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Shafer View Post
Now you can download the attached .PDF and learn what the current offerings are for your Model Year 2013 New BMW models as well as available option credit, loyalty rebates, ...etc.

Residual values posted in BOLD reflect those that have been enhanced since the last program period. F10 buyers should pay particular attention to the column that says "39 months" as this "split-term option" will yield a disproportionately lower payment than >39<...

Now go make your deals!!

What exactly do you mean by the 39 month split term option? It looks like the 39 month leases have a lower residual than the 36 month leases. Typically I've seen 39 month leases as "value added" leases that retain the 36 month residual just to get the payment you divide by 39 instead of 36... seems like the 39 month is NOT the way to go unless you can explain otherwise?
Old 10-02-2012, 07:33 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 550ix MSport
Jon,

As always.......Thank you for the information

2013 550ix M Sport - AW/Black
2013 X5 50i M Sport - Carbon Black/Cinn (Wife)
2010 550i M Sport - AW/Black (Sold)
2007 530i Sport - AW/Auburn ED on 2/19/07 (Retired)
2001 740iL Sport - Anthracite/Beige (Retired)
Old 10-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK530 View Post
Jon,

As always.......Thank you for the information

You are very welcome...

Old 10-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Twin Turbo Addict

Send a message via AIM to Fzara2000
Mein Auto: E92 335is
New money factor for all models is now 0.00135...
Old 10-02-2012, 08:16 PM

Mein Auto: M3
Thanks for the awesome post!!

Just to confirm, are these rates for 12,000 miles? And we add 1% for 10,000 miles?
Old 10-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar Don View Post
What exactly do you mean by the 39 month split term option? It looks like the 39 month leases have a lower residual than the 36 month leases. Typically I've seen 39 month leases as "value added" leases that retain the 36 month residual just to get the payment you divide by 39 instead of 36... seems like the 39 month is NOT the way to go unless you can explain otherwise?
What are the caps for? Run the numbers at 39 months, and you should end up with a lower payment plain and simple.

By intentional design of BMWNA/FS, the 39 month term is the "sweet spot" for dealers to advertise payments which will purportedly induce prospects to visit BMW Centers.

Granted, this may not be the same thing as your Mercedes-Benz split-term lease. Oh well..

"Unless I can explain otherwise"? Sheesh, why the attitude?

Old 10-02-2012, 08:24 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi
Jon- thanks a million for posting this information!
2008 X3, Alpine White (Ret.) ED: 5.22.08,
2007 328 Convertible, Monaco Blue/Saddle Brown,Sport, (Ret.)
ED: 5.25.07
2005 330 Convertible (Ret.) Sapphire Black/Tan Leather
2002 330 Convertible (Ret.) Silver/Gray Leath
1996 318 convertible (Ret.) Alphine White/Tan Leather
Old 10-03-2012, 05:41 AM
Pastafarian Extraordinair

Mein Auto: 335d
Hi Jon,

First, thank you for the info!!! You da man. :-)

Can you please tell me why the MF rate is no longer being made public. I noticed that all of the new spreadsheets have it either removed or blanked.

Just curious, that's all.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:03 AM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Byte View Post
Hi Jon,

First, thank you for the info!!! You da man. :-)

Can you please tell me why the MF rate is no longer being made public. I noticed that all of the new spreadsheets have it either removed or blanked.

Just curious, that's all.

I would love to post the MF rate, but I have to be politically correct since I once again have a dual relationship with BMW (forum owner/sales rep).

While I personally cannot post them, there is nothing keeping our constituents from posting them..

Old 10-03-2012, 08:23 AM

I really wish bmw would just stop letting dealers up charge the money factor. I really don't think it's right that the dealer has that opportunity, we are financing from BMWFS not the dealer. It just seems like people are getting penalized twice for leasing, once for the original interest rate and then again for whatever the dealer puts on top of that.

Maybe I am just missing something, but it doesn't seem like the dealer has much risk, so I don't see why they need to make a profit on the interest rate. Now don't get me wrong, I do think a dealer needs to make a profit and the deal needs to be fair for both sides. But there are other factors a dealer can make a profit on, this is in my opinion shouldn't be one of them.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:13 AM
East Coast Commuter

Mein Auto: 435/x3 35
Quote:
I really wish bmw would just stop letting dealers up charge the money factor. I really don't think it's right that the dealer has that opportunity, we are financing from BMWFS not the dealer. It just seems like people are getting penalized twice for leasing, once for the original interest rate and then again for whatever the dealer puts on top of that.

Maybe I am just missing something, but it doesn't seem like the dealer has much risk, so I don't see why they need to make a profit on the interest rate. Now don't get me wrong, I do think a dealer needs to make a profit and the deal needs to be fair for both sides. But there are other factors a dealer can make a profit on, this is in my opinion shouldn't be one of them.
All dealers have ability to make profit on the interest rate charged to the customer. The same is true for the mortgage industry and you pay a spread when you obtain a mortgage. You realize that mortgage rate you got is not the "buy rate". At least BMWFS limits the dealer in how much they can mark up the buy rate. Many lenders let the dealer mark it up as much as they feel they can.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300ZHP View Post
All dealers have ability to make profit on the interest rate charged to the customer. The same is true for the mortgage industry and you pay a spread when you obtain a mortgage. You realize that mortgage rate you got is not the "buy rate". At least BMWFS limits the dealer in how much they can mark up the buy rate. Many lenders let the dealer mark it up as much as they feel they can.
It depends where you are getting your mortgage from, there is a difference between lending straight from a bank or a private person that is risking their own money compared to a third party that is just brokering the deal.

But even if we look just at third party mortgage brokers, there is much more work involved for them and the point they get plus some extra in the fees is pretty much the only profit they make on the deal. The dealer has many areas he can make a profit from, an up charge on the money factor isn't going to make or break him.

I would feel a little different about it if the bmw financial money factor already had a small up charge for the dealer. So if instead of the current money factor being .00135 it would be .00145 and the dealer automatically gets the difference. At least that way it's a universal rate, and everyone knows what to expect.

Also correct me if I am wrong, but from what I understand, if any other leasing company that isn't a bmw dealer brokers a deal with bmw financial, they are not allowed to up charge the money factor. This privilege is only for the bmw dealers.

Last edited by djsaad1; 10-03-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Flying monkey herder

Mein Auto: Daihatsu Terrios
Quote:

Also correct me if I am wrong, but from what I understand, if any other leasing company that isn't a bmw dealer brokers a deal with bmw financial, they are not allowed to up charge the money factor. This privilege is only for the bmw dealers.
if you are referring to a lease broker, they just act as a gobetween for a dealer. since they are using bmwfs, the same 0.0004 MF bump is possible. bmwfs only deals with bmw dealers.

if you are talking about leasing from a different bank, like chase, etc, then they can do whatever the bank allows.
Past: 2010 335xi ZMP/ZCW/ZPP/PPK/PE
Present: 2013 335i 6MT ZMM/ZDH/ZTP/3AG/494/508
Current Homeland Threat Level:
Old 10-03-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orient330iNYC View Post
if you are referring to a lease broker, they just act as a gobetween for a dealer. since they are using bmwfs, the same 0.0004 MF bump is possible. bmwfs only deals with bmw dealers.

if you are talking about leasing from a different bank, like chase, etc, then they can do whatever the bank allows.
Thanks, thats probably were I misunderstood. He probably meant they can't raise the mf over whatever rate he is getting from the dealer, not the rate of bmw financial.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:55 PM
I saw the light!

Mein Auto: 13 F30
Nice post Jon.

2013 335i F30 M Sport (ZMM, EBII, ZDH, ZTP, 2TB, 688) My ED Trip
2002 E36/7 Topaz Blue Roadster
BMWCCA Member ID: 456926
Old 10-03-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
What are the caps for? Run the numbers at 39 months, and you should end up with a lower payment plain and simple.

By intentional design of BMWNA/FS, the 39 month term is the "sweet spot" for dealers to advertise payments which will purportedly induce prospects to visit BMW Centers.

Granted, this may not be the same thing as your Mercedes-Benz split-term lease. Oh well..

"Unless I can explain otherwise"? Sheesh, why the attitude?

Jon I apologize but I really meant no attitude and highly value your posts. I was just trying to better understand the 39month residual. You are right I was referring to Mercedes and Infiniti when they do a 39 month at a 36 month residual. Is this what is called a split term lease? I'm just trying to better understand bmwfs 39 month leases. I will try to look and run some sample numbers. I apologize for my harsh tone that truly was not my intent
Old 10-03-2012, 10:14 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar Don View Post
Jon I apologize but I really meant no attitude and highly value your posts. I was just trying to better understand the 39month residual. You are right I was referring to Mercedes and Infiniti when they do a 39 month at a 36 month residual. Is this what is called a split term lease? I'm just trying to better understand bmwfs 39 month leases. I will try to look and run some sample numbers. I apologize for my harsh tone that truly was not my intent
No worries Don, no offense taken. I work very hard to keep the community informed; all I want to do is help our members get the best deals out there. You are right, split term leases often use the base residual of the shorter term. They are an effective tool to generate the lowest payment point possible. While the current FS offering is not as strong as previous programs (relatively speaking), it does accomplish the objective nonetheless. It's all good..

The main drawback I should also point out is that the lessee still has to pay license/reg fees for the full 4th year, obviously negating some of that benefit when you consider the totality of the deal... Many buyers don't realize this, focusing solely on the payment (the so-called "payment buyer"). Personally, I would not want to pay a full year's worth of fees to the State of California and only derive 3 month's worth of benefit. I only mentioned the program because BMW is promoting it...

Old 10-04-2012, 04:18 AM

Quote:
No worries Don, no offense taken. I work very hard to keep the community informed; all I want to do is help our members get the best deals out there. You are right, split term leases often use the base residual of the shorter term. They are an effective tool to generate the lowest payment point possible. While the current FS offering is not as strong as previous programs (relatively speaking), it does accomplish the objective nonetheless. It's all good..

The main drawback I should also point out is that the lessee still has to pay license/reg fees for the full 4th year, obviously negating some of that benefit when you consider the totality of the deal... Many buyers don't realize this, focusing solely on the payment (the so-called "payment buyer"). Personally, I would not want to pay a full year's worth of fees to the State of California and only derive 3 month's worth of benefit. I only mentioned the program because BMW is promoting it...
Yes, With california's yearly reg fee, def not worth it. Some states have excise tax which you could get an abatement for the 9 months of the year you didn't have the car. Or you could cross your fingers for a pull ahead program

Thanks for the explanation Jon!
Old 10-06-2012, 07:03 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 x5 4.4, 2010 M3 conv
John for 328i I saw the money factor dropped to .136 from .146, how does it shall effect the payments while residuals are the same?
Old 10-06-2012, 08:13 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibawala View Post
John for 328i I saw the money factor dropped to .136 from .146, how does it shall effect the payments while residuals are the same?
It shall reduce the payment by a few dollars per month -- depending on the other variables.

Try plugging all of the data into a lease calculator or my pencil and paper worksheet, and let us know what result you get.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:57 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 328i
what's the "ZMP program" that's listed next to the 7's?
Old 10-07-2012, 10:10 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 535iGT
Quote:
Originally Posted by enthusiastdre View Post
what's the "ZMP program" that's listed next to the 7's?
There is a option credit that makes the M-Sport Package on the F01/F02 free.

Former BMW's:
2010 BMW X5 xDrive 48i / 2005 BMW X5 30i / 2003 BMW 745Li
2001 BMW X5 30i / 1995 BMW 525i