BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

97 740 iL - Before, During and After

3K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  ou18 
#1 ·
Hello all, thought I would share my journey with my Darkest of Horses in the stable. Which only consists of two vehicles so not much of a stable. LOL..

In any event, here are some before pics of my 1997 740 IL before her face lift.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Here are some pics of her in the paint booth during her face lift ....Also had them paint the rocker panels to match the rest of the car, instead of having them that flat dull black BMW put on the cars i think prior to 2000...
Im stoked.....

Attachments

#4 ·
I stripped her down pretty much and brought it with nothing on it..1100 total it will cost.

A buddy I play hockey with has owned a paint and body shop here in Boca Raton for the last 26 years. I took it to him. I didnt get any kind of discount nor would i ever ask for something like that.. Im not like that, just wanted to give a friend the business honestly.. The paint job is nothing special. Just straight up black with clear coat and rims will be painted that milky silver color, similar to the color you see on the porsche rims. They fixed some problem areas for me as well. But I couldnt be happier with the job they've done so far...

#19 ·
I stripped her down pretty much and brought it with nothing on it..1100 total it will cost.

A buddy I play hockey with has owned a paint and body shop here in Boca Raton for the last 26 years. I took it to him. I didnt get any kind of discount nor would i ever ask for something like that.. Im not like that, just wanted to give a friend the business honestly.. The paint job is nothing special. Just straight up black with clear coat and rims will be painted that milky silver color, similar to the color you see on the porsche rims. They fixed some problem areas for me as well. But I couldnt be happier with the job they've done so far...
Your Buddy Is Treating You Right He Gave You A Fair Deal....Cool:thumbup:

#9 ·
My Darkest of Horses is ready for pick up. Im completely stoked and finally have something to smile about...Pics on their way once i pic her up in the morning....

#12 · (Edited)
I actually saw a set of projector beam lights on ebay for 213 that are supposed to fit this car. I was thinking of getting. But we shall see. I cant wait to get her back in the morning. I have all the clips on order to put the trim back on with. Since i wasnt very carful popping them all off. LOL

They replaced my passenger side window regulator as well 307 bucks later
and the power steering leak i had was the High pressure hose had a whole in it. So they fixed both of those for me.

Whatever one less project for me to do.

total out the door 1560.00....

#13 ·
Finally got her back and i love it. Compared to what i brought over to them, she looks like she rolled off the show room floor.. There are some little nipples in the paint, but you know what , I dont care. She looks 100% better than she was before and ill figure a way to smooth them out. I look at it this way. If i paid for a Chip Foose Overhaulin refurb of the car, I would expect a flawless perfect shine. I definitely got my moneys worth for what i paid. She looks great to me. Not embarrassing to drive anymore...

And a shot of the bad ass analog phone in the center console.....

Attachments

#16 ·
When i replace the shocks and springs, im thinking i might bring it down slightly and close up the gap in the wheel well. I like the rims that are on there now. Not going to go any bigger. They have a sporty enuff look to them as they are. A little bit at a time.

Next up is getting the interior detailed. Get the old smell out of it. a guy here in palm beach just did a friends car for 100 bucks. spent 6 hours on the interior and then used ozone. The car has no smell inside at all and she was a smoker.

#20 ·
I just realized I didnt post any pics with all the chrome back on her. Whoopppsss..

Yes he didnt rip me off at all. He did a good job for what i paid. A few spots im not happy with, but like i said before, i didnt pay 3500 for a paint job either. But all in all, im pleased with it....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.