Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 10-25-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
Rob Siegel "The Hack Mechanic" memoir coming in 2013

tim330i
Administrator

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by tim330i

BMW CCA Roundel readers will recognize "The Hack Mechanic" from the monthly car club magazine. Rob Siegel has written a memoir about - well - being a hack mechanic. In describing his evolution as a car nut, Rob shares his own experiences with buying, fixing, and ultimately loving cars. Made up of equal parts car stories, hands-on tips, social observation and irreverent humor, Rob's storytelling will resonate with all those who are even mildly car-obsessed (and the people who love them).

The book is scheduled to be published in 2013. To get the latest news on this book, including author book tour dates and availability info, flip over to the Bentley Publisher website.

Having enjoyed The Hack Mechanic in the Roundel this should be a good read. Who will be picking up a copy?

Last edited by tim330i; 11-15-2012 at 02:17 PM..
This article has been viewed 5448 times.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:56 PM

Mein Auto: 1999 528iT
Thanks so much for posting this, Tim. I really appreciate it.

--Rob
Old 11-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
You're welcome!

Tim
Old 01-19-2013, 05:14 AM

Mein Auto: 1999 528iT
Memoirs of a Hack Mechanic Book Update

Hi everyone. If it's not too shameless a self-promotion, I wanted to provide an update on the status of the book. Bentley Publishers is very close to having a publication date and the ability to pre-order. They've set up a Facebook page for the book where you can "like" The Hack Mechanic and check on the publication date and my speaking schedule. The FB link is:

http://www.facebook.com/MemoirsOfAHa...nicByRobSiegel

For these early speaking engagements, since the book isn't out yet, Bentley is setting up a system where, if you come hear me speak, and take a photo of the two of us and post it to the FB page, and then order the book from the Bentley web site, Bentley will cross-reference the pic with your order and have me sign your copy before it goes out.

Thanks!

--Rob

Last edited by thehackmechanic; 01-19-2013 at 06:06 AM.