Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 10-28-2012, 11:31 AM
Custom User

Mein Auto: X1
Thumbs up X1 pcd

I've had an amazing experience this week picking up the car at the Performance Driving School. I highly recommend this for those who don't mind a road trip from South Carolina. Big props to Fest sponsor Justin from New Century BMW he gave me a great deal and he made the whole process stress-free. His dealership is in California, but this doesn't matter if you can do Performance Center Delivery (PCD). Bonus: by the time you're home your car might be out of its break-in period

The PCD experience is definitely worth doing; BMW pays for one night at the hotel, dinner, breakfast and lunch. The driving school is a blast, you get to drive on a slalom course, they teach braking techniques, there's drifting, and there's the M5 hot lap. Then a free factory tour and a BMW Zentrum museum visit. Also included is a very thorough vehicle presentation at PCD, where they show you how every function works. It was a great experience; the only slight downside for me was that they gave me an X3 for the school instead of an X1 (I was told their own X1 was not yet broken in, even though someone else apparently did drive it earlier in the week). The X3 felt a bit wobbly on the slalom course so I'm definitely happy that I bought the X1 and not the X3.

There's a forum dedicated to PCD, check it out for more info: Bimmerfest PCD

Last edited by the_fox; 11-19-2012 at 05:45 AM.
Advertisement
Old 10-28-2012, 01:11 PM

Mein Auto: WRX
I took delivery of my X1 @ PCD on 10/25 - pretty sure I was the first person that got to drive their now broken-in test vehicle on the track, most folks there had not even seen one, much less driven one. It was a silver one with red leather interior, fully loaded and quite a looker.

It was a blast - handled like it's on rails thru the slalom course...I was easily doing 55+ through the cones without a hint of rolling or unbalance.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:28 PM
Custom User

Actually mabrahams posted that he already got the X1 on 10/22. I don't know why it was not available when I went
Old 10-29-2012, 09:22 AM

Mein Auto: E30
Congrats! Sorry you weren't able to drive an X1.

The one I had was a white one x28i with black interior. The car was rushed out there for me to drive; so I can only assume that they sent it back in the break in fleet.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:42 AM
Gone for a drive.

Mein Auto: BMW, GM, Fountain
Too bad about the X1 not being available, but that does seem very strange. We were there in September and had two X1's for folks taking delivery that day. I don't see how they could have had issues on your day. I would have probably made a stink about it since that is the point of going there....to actually have your model available for the experience.

Quote:
The X3 felt a bit wobbly on the slalom course so I'm definitely happy that I bought the X1 and not the X3
Odd thing to say? We were drifting our's into the corners on the auto-cross circuit. Are you sure you didn't have a problem with the one you were using? The X3 is anything but wobbly.....no BMW is wobbly. Were you considering the X3 and the X1 at the time?

Last edited by leewtech; 10-29-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:34 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X1
We took delivery on 10/23 and drove a stripped down white X1 that had about ~400 miles on it. Looks like we prob drove the same one as mabrahams. It was the first our instructor had worked with and it was braking comparable to the m3. We were impressed and its good to know its there if needed. I'll post a review with pictures on the PCD page tonight. The X1 seemed pretty slow on the course/like it was really hesitating in acceleration especially compared to ours. So maybe thats why it was pulled?

Last edited by lovemygsp; 10-29-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:30 PM
Custom User

I guess coming from an E90 I found the X3 just a wee bit less stable (the higher center of gravity might have been at play here). Anyway, no big deal and it still drove very well.

Finally, here are a few pics showing off some awesome shades of colors (of the car as well as of nature)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	X1.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	347687   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4587s.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	347697  

Last edited by the_fox; 11-19-2012 at 05:48 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:17 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: MY13 X5 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fox View Post
I guess coming from an E90 I found the X3 just a wee bit less stable (the higher center of gravity might have been at play here). Anyway, no big deal and it still drove very well.

Finally, here are a few pics showing off some awesome shades of colors (of the car as well as of nature)
Nice!!!

1139 W Main St Alhambra, CA 91081

(800) 286-4269 Main Office
(626) 570-8444 ext. 4675

Click here to email me!