Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems

Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems
Have you had an exceptionally great experience with a particular BMW Center? Have you had a bad experience at your BMW Center? Frustrated by problems or defects with your vehicle? Post your stories or comments here.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:43 AM

Mein Auto: F30335XDRIVE
Loaner Car ..??

Please let me know what you guys think:

I had an ED delivery on 09/20, dropped off 09/22, cleared USA Customs and arrived at VPC New Jersey on 10/23. VPC said that the car was ready to be released and delivered to my dealership in ILLINOIS but the dealership had to go into their INFONET and request it to be released.

I called my CA and told them that but he said "NO NO NO, there is nothing they need to do and the car is on the truck, should be arriving by FRIDAY".

I called the VPC on Wed, Thursday, Friday and they said that the car is still with them and waiting for my dealer to release it. I relayed this information to my dealer and still the same answer.

Finally I conferenced my dealer and the VPC on Friday at 4:15PM and the dealer had realized that they had made a mistake. So everything was taken care of and scheduled to leave VPC to ILLINOIS on Monday 10/29. Well due to the weather, everything is closed and the dealership can't track the car and has no time table.

Is it reasonable (unreasonable) for me to request a service loaner until I get my car since it was their mistake which caused the delay? at this point, I have no idea when I will get my car.

Thanks in advance for your help/advice.
Ads by Google
Old 10-30-2012, 05:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 128i Convertible
I think your idea is "reasonable", but doubt that they'll help out. They'll claim it was delayed due to an Act of God or some such nonsense. I suppose if you rant and rave and threaten to take your business elsewhere in the future you might get them to give you a loaner, especially if they already have your trade.
2012 BMW 128i Convertible (red)
2013 MINI Cooper Coupe (red)
2011 Ford Fiesta (grey)
Old 10-30-2012, 06:02 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 x1 sDrive28i
I think its reasonable. Just be prepared to make enough of a fuss to convince them.

Last edited by Territory; 10-30-2012 at 06:05 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:15 AM

Mein Auto: 1994 530i
I believe that is reasonable, tell them but for their error in authorizing release, you would have had the car on Friday the 28th. Now it does not depart until the 29th with no firm delivery date. Definitely worth a try
Old 10-30-2012, 12:34 PM

Mein Auto: range rover
If you are going to be using them for service on your new car, I don't know why they wouldn't want to please you now. Reasonable request, and if the dealer were smart he would have no issue with it.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:12 PM

Mein Auto: F30335XDRIVE
Thanks everybody.

They gave me a 2012 535RWD to drive until I get my car.