Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 11-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X5, 2013 550 xi
Can Dinan be Un tuned once installed

Can Dinan be Un tuned once installed. Just wondering. Does dinan adversely effect resale?
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Everything's Bigger in TX

Mein Auto: 2007 MDX
Sure. Usually it's done by accident. But yes, totally reversible.

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians
Old 11-12-2012, 09:03 PM

Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
If you own it outright and say the dealer, or private individual is smart enough to have bmw run an internal report, it'll pop unless you got it installed at an Indy. (So if you have a BMW/Dinan Dealer and they do the work it'll be burned into the bmw history report forever)
Old 11-12-2012, 09:38 PM
The Driver

Mein Auto: 2014 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
If you own it outright and say the dealer, or private individual is smart enough to have bmw run an internal report, it'll pop unless you got it installed at an Indy. (So if you have a BMW/Dinan Dealer and they do the work it'll be burned into the bmw history report forever)
Which is why I recommend the Indys.

2014 BMW///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels
2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe
Old 11-13-2012, 05:42 AM
0-60 in 4 secs or less!

Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
The software can be removed, but the DINAN5 badge is permanent.

Seriously, Dinan is not a stealth tune. The dealer will be able to see it no matter where it was installed. I had my car programmed at the dealer which provides seamless warranty work and free reinstalls each time they play with the software during unrelated warranty work. The second item may vary by dealer.

2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)
Old 11-14-2012, 04:23 PM

Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunderhi View Post
The software can be removed, but the DINAN5 badge is permanent.

Seriously, Dinan is not a stealth tune. The dealer will be able to see it no matter where it was installed. I had my car programmed at the dealer which provides seamless warranty work and free reinstalls each time they play with the software during unrelated warranty work. The second item may vary by dealer.
I thought if they did it at an Indy, and had the indy remove it, it wouldn't pop?
Old 11-14-2012, 09:17 PM
0-60 in 4 secs or less!

Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
I thought if they did it at an Indy, and had the indy remove it, it wouldn't pop?
I guess if you have time to have an indy remove the tune prior to any dealer visit, they may not see evidence of a tune. Of course, that assumes Dinan doesn't share your VIN with BMW. I'm not saying they do, but Dinan does use the VIN for their records.

2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)
Old 11-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Silverstone F80 M3

Mein Auto: '15 F80 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunderhi View Post
I guess if you have time to have an indy remove the tune prior to any dealer visit, they may not see evidence of a tune. Of course, that assumes Dinan doesn't share your VIN with BMW. I'm not saying they do, but Dinan does use the VIN for their records.
Any legitimate Dinan tune will be known to Dinan, and they require a VIN as they report EVERY tune to BMW. This is the only way that they will warranty their tune, as they almost always work with BMW with warranty issues.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:56 PM
The Driver

Mein Auto: 2014 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittX52011 View Post
Can Dinan be Un tuned once installed. Just wondering. Does dinan adversely effect resale?
I don't think it adversely affects private resale. The point being that the right buyer will value the Dinan tune and pay a premium for it.

However it may diminish trade in value because it precludes CPO and dealers justify their mark ups by CPO. Further a dealer lacks the pricing discipline to get the Dinan premium because they want to move it to the first punter on the lot, and won't wait for the enthusiast to come along.

2014 BMW///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels
2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe