Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 11-13-2012, 12:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 328xi
Mirrors

Looking for some help on disengaging the drivers side mirror. The mirror itself is fine but when I open or close the car door the mirror housing rotates. A mechanic told me it is a problem with the motor inside the housing unit and that I may be looking at 400-600, parts and labor.

Just want to be able to set the mirror in place and not have it rotate wildly everytime I open and close the car door.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated
Ads by Google
Old 11-13-2012, 05:36 PM
Drive it like u stole it!

Mein Auto: 2013 M3
You are going to have to get whatever is loose or broken repaired. I dont think that duct tape would look good.

1997 328i- retired
2007 328i- retired- lease
2006 330xi- retired
2011 335xi-PCD-12/13/10 - DINAN3-----retired
2013 M3-Laguna Seca-6 speed-EDC

2006 X5- retired
2011 X5- retired- buy back

bmw cca#443379
Old 11-13-2012, 09:56 PM
Omnia moderata ratione

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Whoa!

Before you go chasing down a $$$$ rabbit hole, step back.

Do you have both keys that came with the car?

Here's the reason I ask. Each key actually has two sets of settings. For the first 18 months of ownership of my E93 it would have this phantom mirror and seat behavior, but only after I used the metal key in the door lock to actuate the top. The straw that broke the camel's back in my frustration and desire to get to the bottom of the erratic behavior was the morning I put my tote bag which had my lunch salad in a glass bowl in it behind the drivers seat, and the seat decided to move back to a full back position which imploded my salad and bowl. I was just thankful that it didn't get to the iPad that was in the same bag.

Worse still, was the incident where the seat automatically went into full back mode with 6"1" SO sitting in the back seat. He thought I was trying to break his legs!!

Just opening the door would activate erratic seat behavior.

Bottom line I had to set all my settings for my key fob back to factory default then start over, reprogramming. The dealership had the car for two days before they figured out it was a confusion between the settings and deprogrammed everything.

Since I've reset and reprogrammed, I have no more phantom movement of seats or mirrors.

Good Luck

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793

Last edited by Nordic_Kat; 11-13-2012 at 09:57 PM.