Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 11-13-2012, 04:06 PM

Mein Auto: X 5
X 5 abs dsc and yellow brake all on.

hello I have been doing a ton of reading on here. The other day I was backing out of a parking space and the ABS engaged I was going pretty slow and I knew that's what it felt like. The trifecta appeared. I cleaned all the wheel sensors. I've even checked the ABS module with the ohmmeter everybody Recommended. . I tried unhooking the battery to reset the three lights. I left it unplugged for 24 Hours and the lights are still on. I did the turn the wheel to the right to the left back to the right again and that Did not reset the lights either. Like I said before I tried reading everything on here that I could understand and I have followed the steps and checked and double checked. I'm just lost now. Anybody have any good suggestions of where I should go next besides this stealership? Thanks so much. 2001 bmw x5 4.4

Last edited by Cbegley1; 11-13-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 11-15-2012, 07:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 X5 3.0i
My brother just had this happen to his 2000 740i and it is the Abs/dsc module located under the hood. The X5 and the 740i have the same 4.4i motor. You can send yours in and have it rebuit by Module Master which costs $300 plus shipping and no recoding is needed that way. My brothers module ended up not being able to be recoded so he had to buy used one from a salvage yard and then had it recoded at his local BMW shop for his car. Now no lights on.

http://www.modulemaster.com/en/index.php
Old 11-15-2012, 08:01 PM

Mein Auto: X 5
Thanks for the reply

Thanks for the reply my buddy has a friend who works at a dealership and had that special code reader. It said front left sensor. I've done a lot of reading on here and people have said that the 2 front sensors are interchangeable and I took The one from the right side and put it on the left. The lights went off I backed out of the garage and I felt the abs kick on. Then the abs lights were back on. So I'm thinking the computers hard code was for the left and I replaced it with the right and it was good so the computer does a recheck every time the car is started. I think I got it. I ordered 2 new sensors for the front. I'll post and let you know in a few days. Thanks again
Old 11-15-2012, 07:48 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 X5 3.0i
here is a write up link http://forum.roadfly.com/threads/131...asters-and-DIY
Old 08-24-2013, 06:18 AM

Mein Auto: e46 / e53
X 5 abs dsc and yellow brake all on.

Any update?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app