Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > 6 Series DIY

6 Series DIY
6 Series Do It Yourself (DIY) forum.

Old 11-15-2012, 02:49 AM
Nothing quite like a 6

Mein Auto: 09' 650i Cabrio
Passenger door silk light out. Any help?

I need some part number and DIY help with this. I don't wanna pay $350 for this. Thanks
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2012, 12:44 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 650i
Which side is the door sill out, i Might have one i can sell you that I bought as a pair? Its a quick removal, you will have to give a good pull to get it out. Utilize a pait can opener with some tape around it to avoid scratching your paint. Insert screw driver at one end and just lift. Don't pull at the entire piece because you have a wiring connector that attaches to the sill to illuminate it.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:19 PM
Nothing quite like a 6

The passenger one
Old 11-15-2012, 02:55 PM

You may be in luck because I had to replace the drivers side only, I'll will get home and confirm tonight. Would you be interested in purchasing the passenger side door sill if I have it?
Old 11-15-2012, 04:38 PM
Nothing quite like a 6

For sure.

But are you sure it will fit on mine? 09' 650i. Just asking to make sure.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:02 PM

Yes they are compatible if you, you can send me a picture of your door sill and I will send you a pic of the door sill I have. Please send me a Private message on here with your pic and email and I will do the same.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:40 AM
Nothing quite like a 6

I almost forget about this issue. Can u just post the image here ? easier and other people can give suggestion too.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 650 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by reytran View Post
I need some part number and DIY help with this. I don't wanna pay $350 for this. Thanks
If it was me, I would use the bulb going out as an excuse to upgrade all the interior light bulbs to LED's - I recently bought the kit from Ziza for $80 (free shipping) and swapped out everything (15 bulbs I think) to brighter whiter lighting. see the thread below.

If not, I have plenty of standard bulbs laying around if your other purchase doesn't work out.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...r+lighting+kit

'07 650i vert, beige/jet black, sports & cold weather pkgs, comfort access, logic 7, sat radio, Miro M6 wheels (with Michelin super sports), M6 spare tire, tint, windscreen, triple resonator delete, m-tec v3 AE's bulbs, corner bulb delete and m-tec fogs
'11 Acura MDX Advance with Entertainment pkg for wife - no mod's '04 Acura TSX (daughter) and '12 VW GTI - Autobahn (son)
Old 11-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Nothing quite like a 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregb View Post
If it was me, I would use the bulb going out as an excuse to upgrade all the interior light bulbs to LED's - I recently bought the kit from Ziza for $80 (free shipping) and swapped out everything (15 bulbs I think) to brighter whiter lighting. see the thread below.

If not, I have plenty of standard bulbs laying around if your other purchase doesn't work out.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...r+lighting+kit
Is that easy to DIY? Plug and play? I saw one on Bimmian

http://www.bimmian.com/Interior-Xeno...r-E64-6-Series

They have really bright LED kits, I got mine Angel Eyes from them. It works great.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:35 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 650 vert
It was very easy - I installed the whole kit in about 15 minutes (took my time and I'm not much for DIY). All plug and play, and no error codes - very happy with the brighter white lighting.

'07 650i vert, beige/jet black, sports & cold weather pkgs, comfort access, logic 7, sat radio, Miro M6 wheels (with Michelin super sports), M6 spare tire, tint, windscreen, triple resonator delete, m-tec v3 AE's bulbs, corner bulb delete and m-tec fogs
'11 Acura MDX Advance with Entertainment pkg for wife - no mod's '04 Acura TSX (daughter) and '12 VW GTI - Autobahn (son)
Old 12-19-2012, 07:25 PM
totally obssed

Mein Auto: 2007 M6 Coupe
I emailed Light Tape Innovations this afternoon for price and delivery. I very much want to get this installed. White will be ordered once I get the details from the supplier although I am thinking about the blue. Choices, choices...