Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
Welcome to Bimmerfest! Whether you are a current BMW owner or just interested in BMW cars, we hope you enjoy your visit. Take a moment to introduce yourself and post a picture of your BMW for the rest of the community to see.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 335i Convertible
No Warranty

I missed out on getting the extended warranty for my 2008 335i convertible and now am feeling the pain. Hopefully this forum could alleviate some of that
Advertisement
Old 11-17-2012, 01:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT
See about 4 posts down. Vastly superior...what's your issue?
Old 11-17-2012, 01:18 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 335i Convertible
Take your pic

Where do I start?!

The top would be coming up, then the windows would come up and as they do, the windows would get to a certain point, then they would roll down again. There is a service bulletin about this stating that a relay needs to be changed. I am going to leave this one alone as it is not really interfering with the car's operation.

Next this wind tunnel whistling sound was coming from the back of the car. Took it into the shop and they told me that the turbo was gone and if I were to replace it, I should replace both turbos since the other one may be going bad as well and most of the $3,000 cost was in the labor of removing then inserting the motor again. I asked if I can use the car till I think about it and they said that I can drive the car with no problems what so ever; except that it would not have the same power as it once did and I was fine with that.

I took the car to get a second opinion and when the tech was depressing the throttle, we heard an explosion and oil started gushing out of the car. He told me that the turbo blew out and that it needs to no only be changed, but that the oil now needs to be cleaned from the system as well.

We went ahead with the repairs and now the sound is gone, but the car just started leaking little drops of oil.

Lastly, I had lost my navigation DVD so I copied a friend's and was using it till I started sometimes getting the error please insert navigation DVD. I borrowed another one and made a copy, but got the same error. I even used my friend's original 2007.2 navigation DVD and that did not work either. So now I am thinking that the DVD went dead, but don't know how to check if that's the case.

The car just came off of warranty less that 5 months ago. Makes me wonder what's to come next
Old 11-17-2012, 02:54 PM
Keeping it surreal

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
Take this over to the E90 Forum, and post your questions there....lots of folks there to help you solve problems

*Please support the Wounded Warrior Project*

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....
Old 11-19-2012, 12:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT
I am sorry to hear that. Remarkable car. Guess I've made my decision though. My best to you brother.