Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:49 PM

Mein Auto: '14 Volt/'12 X5d (wife's)
Pulled ahead into a 2012 X5d

Last Saturday I turned in our '10 X5d and pulled ahead into a '12 X5d.

The '10 X5d was Space gray, beige leather, premium package, climate package, technology package, 3rd row seats, running boards, and roof rails.

When the pull ahead program was announced, we wanted to take advantage since the last 3 payments would be waived, we were already over the allotted miles, and wanted the year end incentives now and in the future on return of the lease.

We wanted to order the new X5d and had no preference for '12 or '13 as long as it could be delivered before the end of the year so that the CCA rebate would be on the books for 2012 (our '11 335d is done next year and per the rules, one rebate per year). Unfortunately, no one had any '12 allocations and since '13 production begins in Dec, it would be cutting it too close for a year-end delivery. So we had to settle for a '12 on a dealer's lot. Our must haves were oyster leather, premium package, 3rd row seats, and BMW Apps.

I searched all the dealer websites in the SF Bay Area and found only 1 match: Alpine white, oyster leather, premium package, sport activity package w/ 214's, multi contour seats, 3rd row seats and BMW Apps. I test drove on local roads and a highway to see how the 20's felt compared to the standard 18's on our '10. I could not feel the difference but the wheels looked a lot better. I made an offer for a 36 month, 10k lease factoring in that the miles overage and wear and tear on the '10 would be forgiven. They restructured the lease numbers with the same net cost and I accepted.

A couple of additional points with some that have been discussed in other threads:
-You may qualify for the pull-ahead, but the dealer has to agree to purchase the vehicle.

-I could not find an X5 with adaptive drive to test drive so I would not have ordered it. What I do not know won't cost me.

-My wife and I like the look of running boards but she has the back of the pants issue. It actually looks fine without the option. It already has it but its black and a bit narrower and without the studs. But since it is only a couple dollars extra on a lease we would add it to future orders.

-Beige leather seats are fine but that choice makes everything beige…..beige on the dash, beige carpets, beige seat backs, beige cargo area and beige pull-out cover for the cargo area. Gets dirty fast so would not order in the future

-3rd row seats are only good for our kids and visiting nieces and nephews

-This is our second lease turned in early with overage and wear and tear forgiven or greatly reduced, another reason to just get 10k/year even on high mileage leases

-Confirm how much each SD should cost…..see my other thread http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=658445

-Not all dealer websites list the packages and options of their inventory but they do list the VIN. I used bmwvin.com to get the complete list.

-All BMWFS document signatures at finance were electronic, my first time doing this. Double check your numbers as it's harder to read the monitor vs the old long yellow form.

-I checked with my local tire shop. They were willing to sell me road hazard at $65 per year which covers $200 worth of damage and free nitrogen. No flats on our '10; we'll take our chances.

Thanks for reading.

Past:
'12 Volt "ev1"
'11 335d "d3"
'10 X5 35d "d2"
'10 335d "d1"
'08 328xi

Last edited by xi2d; 11-18-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 11-18-2012, 10:31 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:
Originally Posted by xi2d View Post
-All BMWFS document signatures at finance were electronic, my first time doing this. Double check your numbers as it's harder to read the monitor vs the old long yellow form.
Interesting... I'd never do that. Give me a piece of paper, I read it, I agree, sign two copies and retain one. With e-signs they can basically do whatevr they want with it. Old fashioned I guess.if they have a validated system, by a thrid party different story

Quote:
Originally Posted by xi2d View Post
-I checked with my local tire shop. They were willing to sell me road hazard at $65 per year which covers $200 worth of damage and free nitrogen. No flats on our '10; we'll take our chances.

Thanks for reading.
Bravo. I am SO surprised others don't take this advice. Most big chains will sell a road hazard plan for 30-40 per tire, covers the tire for its legal tread...about the same net cost as yours.

Anyone want to test drive AD in the Sacramento area, PM me...

Enjoy

A