Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 11-21-2012, 06:49 PM

Mein Auto: 15' M6 GC
My 5th ED: 2013 750Li

We took delivery of our 5th ED vehicle this past week. We flew in the night before and took the Lufthansa bus into town. Call me nostalgic, I like taking a comfortable bus into town as I watch the road filled with bimmers zooming by, the morning sun shining down and those big ass windmills spinning to generate power out in the fields.

We got off the first stop. The driver was concerned, I assume most passengers get off on the last stop so they can walk over to the hotel that most of us have experienced, the Kings Hotel with the x rated club across the street. This time we opted for the Marriott. It was a short walk, about 10 minutes.

We checked in and again I wanted to experience my time in Munich. We walked to the Welt center. It took us about 25 minutes, thank goodness for my iPhone 5 and its maps. Yes they actually worked.

Our delivery was for the next day but we checked in and went up to the reception area. The reps actually suggested we sign the paper work and when we come in in the morning it would be smooth sailing. The papers were signed, we had some drinks in the reception area, a few things to eat and off we went. We took a tour of the factory across the street and enjoyed the Welt center for the rest of the day.

The next day we took the train. I used maps on the iPhone and it provided directions with the "Munich Metro" app. Worked perfectly.

Ok, by now you might be thinking I am cheap. Not really, I just want to experience a little of my surroundings. I don't want to fly in, take a taxi, then another taxi to the Welt and then into my car. Don't get me wrong I am here for my car and love to drive it but before that I try to get some feel for my surroundings.

We arrived at the Welt, headed up to the reception and right down to the vehicle. Nice and smooth. Now if any of you search my id you will find that I had posted an ED on a 550i a little over a year ago. When I was accepting delivery of that car I was very upset about it. The car was equipped with a manual transmission and not with the triptronic. The same rep delivered us this new 7. At first I was very nervous, I was praying that this 7 was as I ordered. Yes, it was and Judith (the rep) and I joked about the last delivery regarding the 550i. She was nervous too.

In any case the delivery went very smooth and we enjoyed our trip in Germany, Monaco, Switzerland and France.

I have added some pictures of the vehicle and a list of some of the extras. Please feel free to ask any questions.

2013 750Li | Carbon Black Metalic | M Sport | Lighting Package | Executive Package

Old 11-21-2012, 08:59 PM
(aharding)ED #1 Sept 2012

Mein Auto: BMW GC & MB SL500
Where's the pictures? We did a similar route when we picked up in September. Ready to go back!

2013 F06 640i Gran Coupe Carbon Black | M Sport Package | Amaro Brown Merino Leather | Fine Line Oak Wood Trim | Driver Assistance Package | Luxury Seating Package | Bang & Olufsen | Ceramic Controls | BMW Apps | Full LED Lighting
ED Trip Report - September 2012
Post your Neuschwanstein Castle photo here
Hawaii Vacation Rentals
Old 11-23-2012, 06:32 AM

Mein Auto: 15' M6 GC
Pictures should appear now, they were in private status
Old 11-23-2012, 07:30 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to MonkeyCMonkeyDo
Mein Auto: 2013 335i
Gorgeous. Congrats!!!!
Old 11-24-2012, 08:44 PM
(aharding)ED #1 Sept 2012

Mein Auto: BMW GC & MB SL500
Beautiful! What made you pick the 7 over the 6GC?

2013 F06 640i Gran Coupe Carbon Black | M Sport Package | Amaro Brown Merino Leather | Fine Line Oak Wood Trim | Driver Assistance Package | Luxury Seating Package | Bang & Olufsen | Ceramic Controls | BMW Apps | Full LED Lighting
ED Trip Report - September 2012
Post your Neuschwanstein Castle photo here
Hawaii Vacation Rentals