Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Old 11-29-2012, 06:54 AM
East Coast Commuter

Mein Auto: 435/x3 35
Will December Programs Get Better?

So guys/gals..what do you think? I am currently fence sitting for an x5M or x5 5.0 M performance. A gut feeling tells me BMW may do a little something extra to push sales in December. What do you guys think? I am curious to see what the sponsors think as well.
Ads by Google
Old 11-29-2012, 09:34 AM
Blue Bimmer!

Mein Auto: 2013 335i EBII
Historically the programs has stayed the same from November to December. However, there could be minor revisions that you wont know about until they happen. For example last year they added a 28 month lease for 3 series sedans but everything else stayed the same.

Remember you can lock in your incentives for 60 days after the program ends. The current programs ends January 3rd. Therefore, if the programs improve you can take advantage. If not, then you have current incentives locked.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:50 AM
East Coast Commuter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchrisv View Post
Historically the programs has stayed the same from November to December. However, there could be minor revisions that you wont know about until they happen. For example last year they added a 28 month lease for 3 series sedans but everything else stayed the same.

Remember you can lock in your incentives for 60 days after the program ends. The current programs ends January 3rd. Therefore, if the programs improve you can take advantage. If not, then you have current incentives locked.
I hear you. Part of me wonders if I may do better to wait until summer when the new x5 body is about to drop. BMW usually does end of model incentives that are very good (at the expense of lease rates and residuals). Even if the rates and residuals are bad I can always do a finance. I am pretty set on the x5M, but feel like the deals may get better if I wait until late spring or early summer. BTW...nice that you are getting a M3 and with a proper 6MT! We thought about it, but wife wants an SUV hence the desire for the x5M. You will love the M3...I loved mine and will get another one day.

Last edited by Alpine300ZHP; 11-29-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:09 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: MY13 X5 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300ZHP View Post
So guys/gals..what do you think? I am currently fence sitting for an x5M or x5 5.0 M performance. A gut feeling tells me BMW may do a little something extra to push sales in December. What do you guys think? I am curious to see what the sponsors think as well.
If there are enhancements i doubt it will be on the X1/5/6 model line as those cars are moving well... they may get more aggressive on the F30s and F10s ...lock Nov and wait...

1139 W Main St Alhambra, CA 91081

(800) 286-4269 Main Office
(626) 570-8444 ext. 4675

Click here to email me!

BMW i3s in stock
Old 11-29-2012, 07:52 PM
Blue Bimmer!

Mein Auto: 2013 335i EBII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@NCBMW View Post
If there are enhancements i doubt it will be on the X1/5/6 model line as those cars are moving well... they may get more aggressive on the F30s and F10s ...lock Nov and wait...
Justin, since I suspect you will get flooded with emails again on Monday. Will you post any changes that happen next week?
Old 11-29-2012, 11:20 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 ActiveHybrid 7 SWB
3 things I like to keep in mind:

1. There will always be a better deal down the road
2. There will always be a better car down the road
3. Are you driving the car or the deal?

Basically, only do a deal if you need a car now.

3/12 ED 7 - thread ID 610350
1/11 ED 6 - thread ID 5767556&postcount=175
4/10 ED 5 - thread ID 453501
5/08 ED 4 - thread ID 290679
3/07 ED 3 - thread ID 201013
3/06 ED 2 - thread ID 136454
Old 11-29-2012, 11:35 AM

Mein Auto: 330i
So lock today or tomorrow, but don't sign until Saturday the 1st?
Old 11-30-2012, 05:26 AM
East Coast Commuter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischeung View Post
3 things I like to keep in mind:

1. There will always be a better deal down the road
2. There will always be a better car down the road
3. Are you driving the car or the deal?

Basically, only do a deal if you need a car now.
My line of thinking exactly. Since the car is a want and not a need I will probably keep sitting on the fence.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:42 PM

Mein Auto: 650 coupe SE, V8 4runner
Quote:
My line of thinking exactly. Since the car is a want and not a need I will probably keep sitting on the fence.

+1. Also reading European market keeps getting worse & worse. BMW is going to look to the USA market as more and more important to move their cars. Spring is going to bring better deals IMO.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:02 PM
East Coast Commuter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoed2 View Post
+1. Also reading European market keeps getting worse & worse. BMW is going to look to the USA market as more and more important to move their cars. Spring is going to bring better deals IMO.
You took the words right out of my mouth. I have been quietly telling myself that this is what will happen and that deals will get better over the next few months. I am even more convinced of this because the E70 is getting near end of production. Time will tell if we are correct.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:12 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 ActiveHybrid 7 SWB
Quote:
You took the words right out of my mouth. I have been quietly telling myself that this is what will happen and that deals will get better over the next few months.
You should also consider the other tool in BMW's chest - which is to reduce production. Incentives and shifting supply to other countries help short term market sales, usually to clear inventory and capacity, while longer term remedies involve production cuts. In the depths of the financial crisis of 2008, BMW didn't resort to firesale pricing, the incentives weren't much different from those available now from memory, but did idle factories and cut shifts.

Personally, I don't think we'll see much different from what we see now, generally speaking, from a pricing perspective. Europe's a basket case, Asia will likely grow, and the USA will putter along. Nothing as bad as 2008 when the whole world was in freefall - rising unemployment, dropping asset prices, large bankruptcies etc. There'll be good individual deals, but I'd be surprised if things were generally better than they are now. BMW has traditionally kept its best lease deals for Nov-Apr.

My advice still stands - if you don't need a car now, still don't get it. Any savings you get now will most likely be wiped out by a few months of unnecessary payments.

3/12 ED 7 - thread ID 610350
1/11 ED 6 - thread ID 5767556&postcount=175
4/10 ED 5 - thread ID 453501
5/08 ED 4 - thread ID 290679
3/07 ED 3 - thread ID 201013
3/06 ED 2 - thread ID 136454

Last edited by chrischeung; 11-30-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:08 AM

Mein Auto: I'm still dreaming....
Quote:
Ludwig Willisch has already made such a statement recently.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:25 AM

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace535i View Post
Maybe Mr. Willisch could personally call the two BMW dealers I tried to deal with this week and remind them of this.

Last edited by deenx; 12-01-2012 at 04:45 AM.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:40 AM
East Coast Commuter

Quote:
Absolutely good advice. I would add however that the sales race between MB & BMW is another factor. BMW is currently behind and it's a very important issue for both companies. I think BMW may want to take a smaller profit on each car rather than none at all by cutting production or idling factories. Keep in mind those tools you mention are painful ones, they have tough German unions in these companies, big complex supplier contracts, as well as huge fixed costs that continue regardless if they churn out vehicles or not.
This is what I think, but as previously stated time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischeung View Post
How is that? BMW won last year, and did it really help them this year? Other than bragging rights, what is the tangible value of being No. 1?

Last year, I honestly thought it would make a difference. Now, I'm not convinced - Benz is doing well in 2012 with a lineup of cars which is generally older than BMW's.
If BMW did not care about being number one why did they make suce a huge deal about it when they beat out MBZ. Trust me that being number one is a big deal and both brands have and will buy sales to accomplish that goal. My opinion has nothing to do with the fact that I want a specific car. Reality is that additional incentives will make little difference to the bottom line on the 100k car I want. I just want to get the best deal I can or wait for the new bodystyle. Part of me is on the fence because I know the E70 is 6 months away from being replaced.

Quote:
You've been watching too much Suze Orman!
I hate her and think her advice should be limited to high school dropouts who do not know that one plus one equals two. Trust me...like ChrisCheung I have blown way too much money on BMW's over the years.

Quote:
He has and I suspect that deals will remain good even if they don't get better.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:04 AM

Quote:
You've been watching too much Suze Orman!
Old 11-30-2012, 03:15 PM

Mein Auto: 335i F30 M-Sport
Is is one of the more subtle-at-first advantages to ordering a car - and waiting for that delivery. While I want my car it is comforting to have a great locked deal that - who knows - might improve before I get the keys. The holiday cash was enough to tip me close enough to getting a 335i this time around when I started by ordering at 328i.

I have my fingers crossed that even though the wisdom is that November and December don't change usually that they just might improve. BMW is selling record numbers of cars right now and it seems things like setting volume records matter. Maybe there will be a little extra push to close out 2012 off the charts.

I guess we'll see soon enough.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:37 AM
Ekon Hitman

Mein Auto: 2009 328xi
so are the december programs out yet?
Old 12-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Greg Poland Pacific BMW

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 3.5 M sport
Bottom line guys... Lots of supply.... We all have objectives set by bmwna/factory for our last quarter.. So now is the time... Close or lock your deals by end of dec. I'm trying to move a lot of cars now... The best deals are vehicles on the ground.. Not necessarily orders....please keep that in mind.... Excessive supply on most vehicles now.. Make your deals now.....FYI and a note about m3's if you want one try and get a allocation now... Bmw is not providing any more than their original yearly forecast... I have a queue of people who want them and it is very hard to get extra allocation or production numbers. I have had to call all over the country to try and get some ..I.e. I get a m3 give up a x1,x5 etc on trade.So whoever your CA may be start making your moves before there are no more cars.

Greg Poland
Pacific BMW
800 South Brand Blvd.
Glendale, CA 91204
818 254 1491
www.PacificBMW.com
gregpoland@pacificbmw.com
Euro delivery, PC delivery, Out of state-new and used car sales
Hours:T-F 1-8 PM,Sat 1 to 8pm, off Sun and Mon.

Current rides: 2013 X5 msport and 2013 535i
15% over wholesale/invoice for all accessories! and free shipping for Bimmerfest members!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEK7hG-3fyA
Old 12-02-2012, 10:54 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: MY13 X5 50i
Just wanted to thank you all for your support I reached every level i needed to reach last month...once again thank you thank you...

Now the bad news...I am completely sold out of M3 production slots....unless I'm able to buy more production slots; i will be unable to accept requests for orders right now...I need to fill orders for my previous customers first sorry
Also, F30 335i are in super low supply ...

Some good news...I have a manual transmission 2012 brass hat 650i coupe that will lease SUPER WELL...if interested email me...this is for in state or NV customers only...Too costly to truck elsewhere

1139 W Main St Alhambra, CA 91081

(800) 286-4269 Main Office
(626) 570-8444 ext. 4675

Click here to email me!

BMW i3s in stock

Last edited by Justin@NCBMW; 12-02-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:10 PM
East Coast Commuter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg@Pacific BMW View Post
Bottom line guys... Lots of supply.... We all have objectives set by bmwna/factory for our last quarter.. So now is the time... Close or lock your deals by end of dec. I'm trying to move a lot of cars now... The best deals are vehicles on the ground.. Not necessarily orders....please keep that in mind.... Excessive supply on most vehicles now.. Make your deals now.....FYI and a note about m3's if you want one try and get a allocation now... Bmw is not providing any more than their original yearly forecast... I have a queue of people who want them and it is very hard to get extra allocation or production numbers. I have had to call all over the country to try and get some ..I.e. I get a m3 give up a x1,x5 etc on trade.So whoever your CA may be start making your moves before there are no more cars.
Hmm. I see some good stuff on your inventory list. Email sent.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:44 PM

Mein Auto: 335i F30 M-Sport
I just ordered a 335 a week ago (after canceling a 328 ordered late September).

I think at this point if you're in the market good luck grabbing something at the dealer. I had a very hard time finding anything acceptable (I couldn't). The wait on an order will be painful but the bottom line is that I couldn't find a 328 I wanted and same with a 335.

Maybe its me but there don't seem to be a lot of heavily-optioned models already built that are headed over and able to be grabbed. I didn't have this issue AT ALL when looking for my E90 335 way back when. Add in the SA build slots on 335's now and you had better have some patience. But at least you can get in on this holiday deal now and have your 60 or 90 days from Jan 2 depending...

I lost my tax break for 2012 but have one in production as we speak. I doubt I'll get more of a break in Jan/Feb. I was kind of hoping there'd be some little December perk but once again BMW seems to be a creature of habit. Same deals Nov -> Dec. I have to think that the plan for most would be order right now or wait for spring I suppose if you're not in a rush...
Old 12-01-2012, 10:55 PM

How has been the demand for M5 and M6?

Has the grand coupé met expected sales?

Why is supply so high for most models? BMW has not been aggressive in using financing to move units.