Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 11-29-2012, 07:20 AM

Mein Auto: 1995 525 / 2005 X5 4.4
BMW X5 4.4 - NO Heat !

Need assistance in an attempt to determine why I have no heat. Here is what I know thus far:

1) Thermostat is operational as my temperature gauge functions.
2) Climate Control Module functioning and was replaced less than two years ago under certification. I am able to set temp, fan speed and direct air flow but it only blows cool air. A/C is operational.
3) Water pump has been replaced. Drive belt just replaced last week.

I did check into the Final Stage Resistor (FSR) through this forum and learned that if the A/C is operational the FSR may not be the issue.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you~
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2012, 09:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 X5
Me Too,

I am chasing the same issue in my 2005. Mine is intermittant and seems to happen after some longer periods of consistent driving, slow down or stop for traffic and heat comes back.
Let me know what you find and I will do same. Working with my used vehicle shop to chase down hose temperatures first to try to eliminate/isolate issue. They are instructing me so I can save money on diagnosis.
CJ
Old 12-06-2012, 07:15 PM

Mein Auto: 1995 525 / 2005 X5 4.4
Thumbs up Bmw x5 4.4 - no heat !

Here's what I found out. The X5 4.4 has a secondary water pump and should have a heater valve located near the rear of the engine. Check the heater valve and hose and consider replacement.

I checked my Bentley Manual also and here is what I found about the heater valve replacement:

1) Drain engine coolant. Allow the engine to cool thoroughly before opening or draining the cooling system.

2) Working in engine compartment at left strut tower:
* Detach electrical connector at heater valve;
* Loosen hose clamps. Pull coolant hoses off valve.
Use shop towels to catch dripping coolant

3) Pull heater valve out of rubber mounts.

Installation is reverse of removal. Remember to:

* inspect hoses and rubber mounts, replace as necessary. Use new
hose clamps.
* fill and bleed cooling system

TIGHTENING TORQUE: Coolant Hose Clamp 32-48 mm (1 1/4 - 2 in)
2.5 Nm (22 in-lb)
Source: Bentley Publishers.com BMW X5 Service Manual

I am definitely going to check this out.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:16 PM

Mein Auto: 06 X5 4.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJones View Post
I am chasing the same issue in my 2005. Mine is intermittant and seems to happen after some longer periods of consistent driving, slow down or stop for traffic and heat comes back.
Let me know what you find and I will do same. Working with my used vehicle shop to chase down hose temperatures first to try to eliminate/isolate issue. They are instructing me so I can save money on diagnosis.
CJ
I've got the exact same problem, can you tell me what the issue ended up being for you?

Thanks,
Matt
Old 03-03-2014, 11:40 AM

Mein Auto: X5 B.M.W.
i want my 2001 x5 BMW diagnosed at a reasonable price i am located in north nj. Top radiator hose under alot of pressure.???????????????
Old 03-03-2014, 11:46 AM

Mein Auto: X5 B.M.W.
i want my 2001 x5 BMW diagnosed at a reasonable price i am located in north nj. Top radiator hose under alot of pressure.???????????????