Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
Welcome to Bimmerfest! Whether you are a current BMW owner or just interested in BMW cars, we hope you enjoy your visit. Take a moment to introduce yourself and post a picture of your BMW for the rest of the community to see.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:33 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 mustang mach-1
new-bee to the beemer world

Hello, just bought a 2009 BMW 328i M-sport sedan to replace my wifes totaled 2007 G-35 sport coupe.
I will be looking to do a few mods to improve performance and mileage. This car seems totally different than the cars I've owned or presently own. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Ads by Google
Old 12-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Keeping it surreal

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
Howdy,

This carries a fair amount of weight around here:

"Beemers" have 2 wheels

"Bimmers" have 4 wheels (hence, "Bimmerfest")

As far as engine mods go, you can pretty much forget about it....it ain`t happening. BMWs are not like Mustangs, `Vettes, Hondas, etc., they don`t respond to the usual hop-up tricks like CAI (already got one from the factory), chip, cat-back exhaust, etc. Another 80 or so HP is possible by supercharging, but you`ll need plenty of cash for that.
There`s a saying around here: "Learn to love what ya got, or buy a faster car"....

*Please support the Wounded Warrior Project*

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....
Old 12-06-2012, 07:14 PM

Thank u for setting me straight. Been calling them beemers since the early 80's.

So a K&N filter and enjoy the ride ?

I was going to search the forums for exhaust and other mods. I can't remember having a car this quiet.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:37 PM
Keeping it surreal

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812MACH1 View Post
Thank u for setting me straight. Been calling them beemers since the early 80's.

So a K&N filter and enjoy the ride ?

I was going to search the forums for exhaust and other mods. I can't remember having a car this quiet.
K&N of the oiled variety are also known around these parts as Krap & Nasty, as they have been the Kiss Of Death to many a MAF. Aftermarket intakes & exhausts will give you more noise, and nothing else. There`s a million exhaust sound clips on YouTube, some of them sound pretty good....

*Please support the Wounded Warrior Project*

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....
Old 12-07-2012, 06:51 PM

I've sold many K&N filters in my day. I have always to people to kleen the filter before use and put 3 light coats on about 10min apart.your looking for a light pink color and not dripping bloody red oil. The K&N filt
are soaked in oil because they never know just how long the filter is going to sit on a sellers shelve. Before finding a home..
The ride of the 328i M-SPORT is far superior to the infiniti G-35. And the mileage is up 3-4 Mpg. Over the G on every day city driving.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:35 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: E92
There are a ton of things you can add to your 328 in terms of performance to add a bit of power.

Performance:
BMS Power Box
aFe stage 2 si intake
Rogue Engineering Ikon Exhaust

We carry a ton of mods for your car and this is just a small list of what you can possibly do. Feel free to drop me a pm, email me at Alan@modbargains.com, or give me a call at 714-582-3330 x 8006 if you'd like to speak about this in more detail
Hours: Mon - Fri 8:00am-6:00pm | Sat 8:00am-5:00pm
Check out the Blog for daily updates!