Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:26 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 M3 coupe ZCP DCT
Pending M3 order, Looking for opinion on color combo

I am looking to place an order for a M3 coupe and looking for a sanity check on my color selection. I know, my vehicle and order what I like but always good to get another opinion. Here's what I am thinking;

Exterior, LeMans Blue
Interior, Bamboo Beige Novillo (non-extended)
Trim, Carbon Leather

The safe choice would be black. I'm just looking for a change from past vehicles. Fox Red would be it if the exterior was black, gray or white. Not sure that I can live with the "Superman" scheme.

Thanks,
NHman
Ads by Google
Old 12-07-2012, 04:39 AM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2009 W906
Danger Will Robinson.

If you opt for that color, from now on, every time someone gets into your car they are going to think of Superman.

Bamboo or black FTW.

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMME30W View Post
Danger Will Robinson.

If you opt for that color, from now on, every time someone gets into your car they are going to think of Superman.

Bamboo or black FTW.
MMME30W, yes, per my original post I am considering Bamboo (non-extended) w/ Carbon Leather. Rare that I see any blue M3. Most interiors are black. Fox Red would be my choice if I went with black, grey or white exterior.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:55 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 M3 ZCP
I think blue and beige is a very striking combination, but would suggest you consider interlagos blue! It is an "m" only color and more exclusive.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzutel View Post
I think blue and beige is a very striking combination, but would suggest you consider interlagos blue! It is an "m" only color and more exclusive.
That was my first choice in color, Interlagos Blue. However, not sure if I like the purple hue. I still have 1-2 months to decide. In my area, blue is not that common. So LeMans would feel like an exclusive M color.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:08 AM

Mein Auto: Soon to be M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhman View Post
That was my first choice in color, Interlagos Blue. However, not sure if I like the purple hue. I still have 1-2 months to decide. In my area, blue is not that common. So LeMans would feel like an exclusive M color.
Go with Interlagos - it's not purple. I had the same fear, but when I saw it the first time, there's was no question it was the best color available... I have that with extended bamboo beige and I don't believe there's a prettier combo.

IMO, black interior is too "safe" and everyone has it, and the non-extended bamboo beige lacks the real punch of the color contrast. Go extended - the look is worth the few extra bucks.

I had my euro-delivery in April and PCD re-delivery in June and I've probably had 20+ comments that my car color combo is stunning.

Attached is a photo of mine while in Austria. I have yet to see another car like mine in Atlanta and it always turns heads.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Europe 6175 - Version 2.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	352986  
Old 12-07-2012, 05:20 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 E92 M3
Monaco is a cool color

Sent from my ADR6350 using Bimmer App
Old 12-08-2012, 05:23 AM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2009 W906
FYI we have a few LMB cars in our local club. They are stunning.

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:07 AM

Mein Auto: 328xi M, Range Rover, 911
Quote:
I am looking to place an order for a M3 coupe and looking for a sanity check on my color selection. I know, my vehicle and order what I like but always good to get another opinion. Here's what I am thinking;

Exterior, LeMans Blue
Interior, Bamboo Beige Novillo (non-extended)
Trim, Carbon Leather

I had a 328xi Msport in Le Mans with Oyster / black interior and it was Amazing, a very unusual color that turned heads every day....... On an M it would be even more killer. I've added some links with pics for you. Our new 550 is Carbon black which is sweet as well, but the blue is truly amazing.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...805&highlight=

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...381&highlight=
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...565&highlight=

2013 550 xi Msport
2005 Range Rover HSE Grey/Grey
2009 MB C 300 4Matic
1997 Porsche 993 C4S Black/Black
2005 Jeep TJ

Last edited by ish; 12-08-2012 at 06:22 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ish View Post
I had a 328xi Msport in Le Mans with Oyster / black interior and it was Amazing, a very unusual color that turned heads every day....... On an M it would be even more killer. I've added some links with pics for you. Our new 550 is Carbon black which is sweet as well, but the blue is truly amazing.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...805&highlight=

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...381&highlight=
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...565&highlight=
ish, thank you for the links. I like the color combo as well just don't see if often for an M class vehicle (default is usually black interior).

I really like the Carbon Black on your 550xi. My wife will be ordering an X3 28i but she doesn't want the M-sport package. Therefore no C.B. for us. However second option for the win is Deep Sea Blue w/ Oyster. Going with PCD for mid-April delivery.

Thanks again.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:03 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 M3 ZCP
I can't speak to the Le Mans blue, but I faintly tell you that I owned a 2006 M3 ZCP in interlagos blue and it was an absolutely stunning color. I never saw much "purple" in the color, but it had lots of depth and looked amazing under all lighting situations. It was very hard to keep clean though!
Old 12-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Re-Badged

Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Le Mans Blue. I'm biased though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:15 AM

GBeason884, thank you providing me with the pictures. Beautiful color combination. I suspect that it will be my choice as well. Still a little conflicted between the preference of the blue exterior vs. red interior but I will not opt for the "Superman" look. It's either blue/beige or gray/red.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:52 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 F350 King Ranch
The bamboo beige is awesome!!! Saw it for the first time at a Houston dealership with a red exterior. Matched with a blue exterior would be awesome as well!!!!

Just ordered white with the bamboo. Didn't want to hassle with maintaining a darker color.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:05 PM

Mein Auto: M3
Jet black over extended fox red FTW! BTW I'm biased ...
Old 12-20-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeGeek View Post
Jet black over extended fox red FTW! BTW I'm biased ...
It is a good combination but I need a switch from the black exterior. I might go with Interlagos or LeMans Blue.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:19 AM

Mein Auto: M3
Quote:
It is a good combination but I need a switch from the black exterior. I might go with Interlagos or LeMans Blue.
My buddy has an individual E90 in Brilliant White over fox red and it is stunning. I think my next will be Mineral White. But the blues aren't a bad choice either. Go with extended black if you do a blue. Please purchase the extended leather! It's so much nicer than cheapo plastics.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:03 PM
BMW Fan

Mein Auto: '02 Z3 M Coupe
Melbourne Red, carbon fiber roof, and speedcloth if i had to choose