Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:31 PM

Mein Auto: 750li
Help with idrive

Today i took my car in for a wash and detail (07 750li) and when i left my screen wasnt on. We finally got the screen to come on but i have no navigation, no radio, cd, no sound including the parking sensors, seatbelt chime, etc. Certain items are greyed out. They claim all they did was shampoo the carpets and that couldnt have caused the problem. My question is, is it possible something may have gotten wet? Could they have messed up my amp which might be causing problems? It was all good just a week ago lol... But seriously any help would be much appreciated...thanks
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2012, 04:40 PM
President

Mein Auto: BMW
its a common problem with these cars

usually happens when people have their windows tinted

the water drips down to the left side of the trunk... where a bunch of electronics are located.

check there for dampness

'03 745i - modded - GONE -
Old 12-12-2012, 06:03 AM

ok thanks Seven, ill check that out.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 BMW 745Li
Just an educated guess, but it would sound like a unit in your fiber optic loop is no longer working. Try a MOST BUS reset
Old 12-13-2012, 09:32 AM

my mechanic just did a full reset on the car and nothing changed, so he's gonna have to dig deeper. Ill keep ya posted....
Old 12-13-2012, 11:07 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Nothing
This seems to be a common issue.. your the second person in a week who has had their idrive system killed by a detail.. others by window tinting.. these places are putting too much water in everything evidently..
Old 12-13-2012, 03:32 PM
Account Under Review

Mein Auto: BMW 745i
They "shampooed" your trunk carpet and everything else in the trunk lol
I don't get it how those "detailers" are so "smart", telling that they didn't do anything. I mean bmw always has all electronics (at least last 20yrs) in the trunk and actually no car will benefit from "shampooing", so wtf they still haven't learned anything????

Bypass voice module (they killed mine) first bc it's closest, than bypass everything in the trunk one by one.
Also check fuses in the right side trunk.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:00 AM

Ok cool i'll have him check in that order...
Old 12-19-2012, 01:12 AM

Mein Auto: 2003 745li
I'm having an iDrive problem also...although it just happened and not related to trunk washing. LOL!

Mine fluctuates between the grey BMW screen and then the "accept" screen, but it won't allow me to accept. The system will let me scroll/highlight accept, but doesn't recognize when i push the control down. I haven't tried unplugging anything, but the can't be too difficult, right? BTW, what is an ASK? YIKES....this car is just so damn expensive sometimes!!! Drives me NUTS! But I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!