Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 12-12-2012, 11:31 AM

Mein Auto: X5
X5 not heating up

Hello all
I live in Montreal where it tends to get pretty cold in the winter, and for the last few weeks I realized that my car is not heating up. It could take 2-3 hours of driving before I hit the first bar, and as a result i am always getting cold air.
Anyone knows the part involved and a link showing how to fix it
Ads by Google
Old 12-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2001 X5 3.0L
Thermostat. Check realoem.com Suggest you find an indy repairer and have your cooling system checked.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535i, 330ci
What year X5 do you have? Have you adjusted driver and passenger climate settings in Idrive menu? Not the settings on the face of the dash. The climate setting allows you to mix the amount of heat passing through the vents. I typically adjust it frequently in winter since some days are much worse than others in the NE. I would try this first. Of course, if you did, then Zulu is likely correct in directing you to the thermostat.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2002 X5
I had the same issues. replaced my final stage resistor and now my x5 is like a furnace. Its located under the passenger side footwell, not too difficult a job.