Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 F15 (2014 - Current)

X5 F15 (2014 - Current)
The all new F15 BMW X5 started production August 2013 as a 2014 model year. The new X5 arrives in sDrive35i (RWD), xDrive35i, xDrive50i and a diesel xDrive 35d.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:10 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
Better look into the next gen x5 (f15)

Article linked to these pics
http://www.sema.org/sema-enews/2012/...totype-spotted

The next x will be quite the looker, and inline with the f30s connected eyes.

And reportedly to loose 225lbs!

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Ads by Google
Old 12-14-2012, 07:35 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 X5 3.0si
I feel the resale value of my X5 plummeting.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:55 AM

Mein Auto: X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockChips View Post
I feel the resale value of my X5 plummeting.
IMHO MY07..09 3.0 and 4.8 - probably, but I doubt newer - MY'10..12 - will plummet much since new X5 prices will likely increase by a lot, leaving a huge gap b/w new and used-but-relatively-fresh-X5 that has to be filled. Could be just my wishful thinking, though...
Old 12-14-2012, 08:21 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
Maybe my imagination but it looks bigger -- perhaps a better third row a la the GL?
Old 12-14-2012, 09:49 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 X5 xDrive 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by smyles View Post
IMHO MY07..09 3.0 and 4.8 - probably, but I doubt newer - MY'10..12 - will plummet much since new X5 prices will likely increase by a lot...
Don't know about that... Where are you getting this info from? I've read that pricing for the new X5 will not be significantly different than the current model's
Old 12-14-2012, 09:51 AM

Mein Auto: German
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marwan View Post
Don't know about that... Where are you getting this info from? I've read that pricing for the new X5 will not be significantly different than the current model's
It will probably go up a good amount, like any new BMW. usual nickel and diming BS
Old 12-14-2012, 09:53 AM

Mein Auto: X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marwan View Post
Just a hunch, based on how much more expensive new 3 & 5 series are compared to before.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:47 PM

Prices will certainly increase. Model end vehicles tend to get you more options for your $, unlike launch vehicles. Also count inflation and initial r&d investment cost recovery.

That being said just look at the historical price increase for all the new f platform vehicles from their e platform predecessors.

Look at Mercedes Ml. W164 compared to w166, the price went up by 2k.

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 12-14-2012, 08:54 AM

New generations always bring down the value of the previous generation. If own a pre-LCI the drop in value will be greater than say LCI but regardless there will be a drop.

The total length is set to increase, but not nearly as much as say a GL,Q7, or caddy. I think they may leave that to either a stretched x5 ala x7.

However they do need to differentiate the 5 from the ever growing x3.

Why does this matter?
Old 12-14-2012, 08:56 AM

I'm laughing at the fact that the x5 camo shot from the rear looks surprisingly similar to the the next gen Acura MDX. Just the tailights, everything else looks classic Bavaria.

Who is influenced by who lol

Why does this matter?
Old 12-14-2012, 09:39 AM

Looks like a giant X3, which is a big no for me
Old 12-25-2012, 11:00 AM

Mein Auto: '11 X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
Exactly my thought.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:23 AM

Mein Auto: '13 X5 M
Quote:
Agree. Losing the muscular look of the excellent current design.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:08 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 M3 DCT
You are forgetting that these cars are getting bigger and bigger and it will get to a point were people don't want that BIG of a car. I had an e60 and I could not stand the F10 because it was as big as a earlier generation 7 series. I could not stand the size. The new x3 is a big as the E53 which with the ever bigger X5, the x3 could be an option but the x3 is not as nice more does it have the motors or options as nice as an x5.

Unfortunately, this may be the last x5 we own. As much as i hate to think of this, the Cayenne may get the nod next time the SUV is up for replacement which will be about 4-5 years.
-- SOLD --
08 550i M-Sport
04 BMW 545I sport
07 BMW X5 4.8I sport
02 BMW X5 4.4i sport
01 BMW 540I M/sport
00 SL500
97 SL500
Old 12-14-2012, 07:19 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X5 35d
The new look is about what I expected. It basically align the x5 to the new design languages of bmw. I am not a big fan of the the headlights in x3 or the back. That slanted rear light just seem strange. One of the reason I got x5 is because I realized the new look is not for me.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Bimmer App

Old 12-14-2012, 09:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 X5 xDrive35d
Things take time to get used to, altho I feel it skips generations for me. For example, I loved the E46 look. Then E90 came and I hated it. E92s I can get with as I like the tail light design MUCH more than the E90s. But always partial to the E46 as that was my first BMW. I'm with henrycyao on the X3 though. The design isn't far off from a taller version of an E92 wagon and I just think the SAVs need to be designed differently than sedans/wagons, and not carry similar lines.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:25 PM

UPDATE

This is what I came across on another forum. Looks similar to the autobild render which pegged the rear end to be similar to the X3.

renders courtesy of KV12 of Xbimmers

Chime IN!

Why does this matter?
Old 12-21-2012, 08:28 PM

Renders make it look like a bigger X3, so no go for me. Audi or Porsche here I come.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 F80 M3
Quote:
Renders make it look like a bigger X3, so no go for me. Audi or Porsche here I come.
Yeah, if it looks like that I'm not interrested. The renderings are pretty rough. I hope our new Pepper will be good though and that we keep it until the generation after the new X5.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:32 AM

Mein Auto: '13 X5 M
Quote:
I think the Cayenne looks good with a couple of the 21" rims, but little else. Not that I want or need 21s, but their other wheels make it look awfully boring and Hyundai-ish. Audi and BMW wheels look much better on more than just the top options IMHO. And the Cayenne 21s are ridiculously pricey.

A friend said the only time to get a Cayenne or Panamera is to first have a 911 in the garage. Funny, but perhaps true for the Panamera.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pa50i View Post
I think the Cayenne looks good with a couple of the 21" rims, but little else. Not that I want or need 21s, but their other wheels make it look awfully boring and Hyundai-ish. Audi and BMW wheels look much better on more than just the top options IMHO. And the Cayenne 21s are ridiculously pricey.
I'm a huge fan of these wheels

Quote:
A friend said the only time to get a Cayenne or Panamera is to first have a 911 in the garage. Funny, but perhaps true for the Panamera.
Pretty funny because both cars can be optioned up to 911-prices. A loaded Turbo S Panamera is over $200k!

It's going to be interesting seeing what happens when the new Porsche Macan (Q5-sized) SAV and Pajun (5 series sized) sedan come out.

I have no doubt in my mind that both new products will be class leading.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:55 PM
Account Under Review

Mein Auto: E70 X5/E60 528i
Those renderings are pretty accurate, I guess is official the "X5" is dead...I don't care how many scoops or how big the wheels and calipers are, I don't see this looking mean or aggressive in any way.. Is almost a minivan lol
Old 12-24-2012, 07:55 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X5 Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1naztyx5 View Post
Those renderings are pretty accurate, I guess is official the "X5" is dead...I don't care how many scoops or how big the wheels and calipers are, I don't see this looking mean or aggressive in any way.. Is almost a minivan lol
If you would not write this, I would. Totally the end of X5 line for me for the near future. Strange how manufactures have these "lapses" - they take a good design, screw it to a point where it is hard to look at it, until eventually coming up with something nice again. Who on earth gets paid for screwing good things like this?

And speaking of vans, I had one and enjoyed it for many years. My 2004 Odyssey was a gem. But they did the same thing - the new model is totally repulsive, and while I may need a new van, it will not be that until they change it. And neither it will be an "X5 van"
Old 12-21-2012, 10:04 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X5 35d
I am so glad I made the choice to get BMW X5 instead of waiting for the new release. In addition, BMW has not proven itself with electric steering as other has. Steering used to be one of the hallmark of BMW name brand. The font side and the headlights just look incomplete.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:13 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 F80 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrycyao View Post
I am so glad I made the choice to get BMW X5 instead of waiting for the new release. In addition, BMW has not proven itself with electric steering as other has. Steering used to be one of the hallmark of BMW name brand. The font side and the headlights just look incomplete.
Amen to that, all of the F-series so far is inferior to the last Es where it counts the most.