Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:58 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 08 E90
People Switched from E90 to F30 - Please comment

I am currently a E90 owner, an I am starting to like my car more and more everyday.

Other than what's on paper, I want to know what are your thoughts on living with E90 day to day vs F30.

I heard everywhere that the interior quality has improved over E90. I recently got to sit in a F30 and I do have to say they Did cut back on 'soft-touch' plastic on certain surfaces.
Advertisement
Old 12-16-2012, 02:58 PM

Mein Auto: '04 330i
Find a dealer that offers F30 loaners. I hope to get one next time I go in for service. The dealer's been waiting for AWD models to add the F30 to the loaner fleet.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:29 PM
BMW Platinum VisaŽ Member

Mein Auto: BMW M428i
Quote:
Originally Posted by sle39lvr View Post
I am currently a E90 owner, an I am starting to like my car more and more everyday.

Other than what's on paper, I want to know what are your thoughts on living with E90 day to day vs F30.

I heard everywhere that the interior quality has improved over E90. I recently got to sit in a F30 and I do have to say they Did cut back on 'soft-touch' plastic on certain surfaces.
I owned an E90 for 3 years prior to my F30. The answer to your question (assuming you have a 328i) boils down to this:

The F30 is 80% of what the E90 was. Materials are the same. Fit and finish is the same.

The 20% that is different is a big deal:

Torque: The turbo 4 is just a beast, so much faster off the line than the 6 it replaces, really throws you back in your seat.

Power: Once at speed, there's plenty more power to burst past other cars. I'll be driving on the highway completely oblivious to the fact that I'm doing 92 MPH and will have to slow myself down. It's effortless.

Transmission: The 8 speed auto is so much faster and smoother and accurate than the version it replaced. Because you don't have to stomp on the accelerator to get the car to move anymore, the transmission doesn't have to jerk wildly to get from 1st to 2nd to 3rd gear anymore.

Steering: It's lighter and easier. The car weighs less, so the combination of the weight reduction and the torque increase completely transforms how the car drives. It's effortless, requires a lot less effort and thought to get the car to go where you want it.

Experience Modes: This is not just savvy marketing, throwing the switch from Comfort to Sport changes the driving characteristics of the car completely, it feels like two different cars. Sport mode is crazy fun. Comfort mode is easier for the wife and kids stomachs. The E90 had neither. Was not as fun as Sport mode, was not as eased as Comfort mode. This is a big deal, not to be overlooked.

Size: The car has increased in size so there's a bit more shoulder room and rear passenger legroom but it doesn't feel bigger.

Audio System is upgraded. If you have a standard audio system in the E90 you'll be thrilled with the standard audio system in the F30 as it's the "enhanced" system they pay extra for in Europe.

Visibility is better: I find that the A pillar and B pillar location combined with new rear seatback position gives me a better overall view of the road.

It's more quiet: Not sure if it's the sound deadening material or better door seals but the F30 definitely has a more soundproofed cabin.

Interior looks and acts better: This myth about materials and quality you've read is BS. It's the same as the E90. What's different is the layout of the center stack, the integration of the wood and the dash components, the ambient lighting, the new cupholders, the thought that went into the storage compartments.

Great new standard equipment: The auto dimming mirrors, split-folding rear seat, power seats, garage door openers, and other throw-in's really make the experience better.

Technology: iDrive is now standard on all F30's. Nuff said. If you get the Technology Package, the head up display is crazy good and extremely functional.

Un-Bangled: The F30 has more refined sheetmetal, specifically the nose of the car which no longer looks like a Japanese pachinko machine.

BJ

2015 BMW 428i Gran Coupe | M-Sport Line | Premium | Technology | DHP | HK | Driver Assistance
Mineral Grey Metallic | Coral Red Leather | Park Assist | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House
Old 12-16-2012, 04:38 PM

Mein Auto: '13 328xi
So he should keep his E90?
Old 12-16-2012, 05:33 PM

Mein Auto: '11 E93 335is & '08 535xi
E90 comparison versus F30

(this is a poorly written article that I found on Wilkpedia, but it does quote Car and Driver)

New F30 saloon is 93 mm (3.7 in) longer, 6 mm (0.2 in) wider (42 mm (1.7 in) including mirrors) and 8 mm (0.3 in) taller than its predecessor (E90). The wheelbase is longer by 50 mm (2.0 in). Also boot space is bigger by 20 litres (0.71 cu ft). Even though the new 3 Series is bigger and has more standard equipment than its predecessors, it is lighter than the model it replaces. For example, the new 328i has the same weight as the outgoing 325i and the new 335i is 40 kilograms (88 lb) lighter than the outgoing 335i.[20]

Notable downgrades to the new 3-series from its E90 predecessor include the deletion of LED turn signals in both the headlight and tail light clusters (with the return to traditional bulbs), as well as the replacement of non-intrusive, articulated gas-strut trunk hinges with cheaper, obstructive gooseneck hinges.

Enthusiast magazine reviews were also less than stellar. In their November, 2012, issue, Car and Driver wrote, "We're convinced that the E90 would handily win a comparison test against the F30." [1] In the April, 2012, issue they noted an increase in weight, versus the BMW's suggestion of a loss: "weight gain from our last E90 335i test car is 77 pounds, at least some of which must be from the new optional 19-inch wheels ($900) . . . ." Furthermore, acceleration suffered in comparison to the E90 as well, "A slower 5-to-60 time of 5.9 seconds-we expected mid-fives for that-also indicated that something may have been amiss. The magazine closed the generally ambivalent article with, "At some point, BMW will have to take a bigger step to move forward or risk falling behind its competitors"

Current Stablemates:
'14 MB GL450; '12 Porsche 911 GTS Cabriolet (MT); '11 BMW E93 335is (DCT); '08 BMW E60 535xi; '08 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
Favorite Cars Gone But Not Forgotten:
'09 Corvette ZO6; '04 MB S600; '01 BMW 740iL; '01 Corvette; '90 Nissan 300ZX 2+2; '89 Jeep Grand Wagoneer; '79 BMW 320i; '79 MB 300D; '71 Pontiac Firebird Formula 400; '67 MG Midget

Last edited by beden1; 12-16-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:03 PM

Excellent replies.

Overall, do you feel like the 3-series lost it's 'Feel'?
Old 12-16-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Excellent replies.

Not at all.

If anything, the 3 Series has gained more feel if you define "feel" as a car that is faster, more powerful, and acts lighter and more nimble.

If you define "feel" as a harsh, noisy, uncomfortable ride with truck-like steering, then the E90 would be preferred.

BJ

2015 BMW 428i Gran Coupe | M-Sport Line | Premium | Technology | DHP | HK | Driver Assistance
Mineral Grey Metallic | Coral Red Leather | Park Assist | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House
Old 12-16-2012, 06:29 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sport Sedan
I have to confess that I have not driven an F30 yet, but I am pretty certain that I am definitely going to enjoy it as much or more than my E90.

Besides, I'm getting a new car anyway, and it's not like there are hundreds of options to choose from, right?

Cadillac ATS?
Infiniti G?
Lexus IS?
Mercedes C350?
Ford Mustang GT?
Dodge Charger RT/MAX?

Last edited by krash; 12-16-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:49 AM
Re-Badged

Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Quote:
Excellent replies.

The 3 series has gotten a bit 'softer'. The Electric steering isn't the best for providing feedback, either. Overall though, the car is the closest thing in it's class (for now) that's sporty and refined, with German engineering. I feel the interior has gotten a bit cheaper but that's just me. Others have noted that they feel it's gotten better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 325xi
Quote:
I owned an E90 for 3 years prior to my F30. The answer to your question (assuming you have a 328i) boils down to this:

The F30 is 80% of what the E90 was. Materials are the same. Fit and finish is the same.

Torque: The turbo 4 is just a beast, so much faster off the line than the 6 it replaces, really throws you back in your seat.

Power: Once at speed, there's plenty more power to burst past other cars. I'll be driving on the highway completely oblivious to the fact that I'm doing 92 MPH and will have to slow myself down. It's effortless.

Transmission: The 8 speed auto is so much faster and smoother and accurate than the version it replaced. Because you don't have to stomp on the accelerator to get the car to move anymore, the transmission doesn't have to jerk wildly to get from 1st to 2nd to 3rd gear anymore.

Steering: It's lighter and easier. The car weighs less, so the combination of the weight reduction and the torque increase completely transforms how the car drives. It's effortless, requires a lot less effort and thought to get the car to go where you want it.

Experience Modes: This is not just savvy marketing, throwing the switch from Comfort to Sport changes the driving characteristics of the car completely, it feels like two different cars. Sport mode is crazy fun. Comfort mode is easier for the wife and kids stomachs. The E90 had neither. Was not as fun as Sport mode, was not as eased as Comfort mode. This is a big deal, not to be overlooked.

Size: The car has increased in size so there's a bit more shoulder room and rear passenger legroom but it doesn't feel bigger.

Audio System is upgraded. If you have a standard audio system in the E90 you'll be thrilled with the standard audio system in the F30 as it's the "enhanced" system they pay extra for in Europe.

Visibility is better: I find that the A pillar and B pillar location combined with new rear seatback position gives me a better overall view of the road.

It's more quiet: Not sure if it's the sound deadening material or better door seals but the F30 definitely has a more soundproofed cabin.

Interior looks and acts better: This myth about materials and quality you've read is BS. It's the same as the E90. What's different is the layout of the center stack, the integration of the wood and the dash components, the ambient lighting, the new cupholders, the thought that went into the storage compartments.

Great new standard equipment: The auto dimming mirrors, split-folding rear seat, power seats, garage door openers, and other throw-in's really make the experience better.

Technology: iDrive is now standard on all F30's. Nuff said. If you get the Technology Package, the head up display is crazy good and extremely functional.

Un-Bangled: The F30 has more refined sheetmetal, specifically the nose of the car which no longer looks like a Japanese pachinko machine.

BJ
Sorry but I have to disagree on much of this. Turbo 4 is about the same as out going in line 6. I had a F30 328 for a month while my 335 was in the shot.

The road noise is MUCH higher so much so I almost got a f10 when I had to reorder my car.

Materials are cheaper PERIOD.

8 spd is nice unless you drive it hard, in which case it always seems to be shifting.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:21 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 328i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcory View Post
Sorry but I have to disagree on much of this. Turbo 4 is about the same as out going in line 6. I had a F30 328 for a month while my 335 was in the shot.

The road noise is MUCH higher so much so I almost got a f10 when I had to reorder my car.

8 spd is nice unless you drive it hard, in which case it always seems to be shifting.
Was it a no line car that you had as a loaner? There is some speculation that the road noise is higher in those as compared to cars with a line.

Also, you have one of the earlier E90's. Once they started decontenting those ca. 2009, they had increased road noise too.

2015 328i / M Sport / Alpine White / Coral Red / 4 DR / 6 MT / Rear Camera + PDC / Xenons / DHP / 2K+ Miles / Bought 10-30-2014
Previous Cars
Old 12-24-2012, 07:33 AM

Quote:

You are allowed to disagree. You are also allowed to be wrong.

Turbo 4 vs. Inline 6: If you don't feel a power difference between the old 328i and the new 328i then you were in a car with a bad engine. The first thing anyone will notice coming from an E90 to an F30 is how much more responsive and powerful the new engine is. Night and day different. No comparison.

Road Noise: A no-line stripper probably has less sound deadening material. My Luxury line is much quieter than my E90 was.

Materials: Again with this "cheaper" myth. It's all the same. Door panels, dashboard, console, just a different design with the same plastics. If anything, the cup holders, door handles, storage compartments and other areas where your limbs actually touch the car are better designed and more comfortable. BMW claims many soft-touch areas with materials that cost more than the outgoing model.

You love your old car. We get it. No need to slam the new one.

BJ

Old 12-24-2012, 07:48 AM

Mein Auto: '98 M E36/7:'06 Saab 9-5
Quote:

LOL.

There are opinions and there are facts.

It has been a factual discovery that the N20 makes a substantial amount more torque than the outgoing N52.

I have heard it directly from tuners that before they would not have gotten into offering tuning products for the base 3 before as it was not worth it but were impressed with the out of box performance and potential of the N20.

E36/7: Dinan/RMS stage 2+ blower@11-16lbs of BOOST! 18" BBS LM's, too much more to list
F30: 6mt, SOLD

'06 Saab 9-5 wagon 5mt AERO+ TUNED
Old 03-30-2013, 03:17 PM

Mein Auto: Mustang
Quote:

BJ
I have to agree 100% on ALL OF THIS. I just had a 2013 328i A6 coupe as a loaner while our 2012 328i A8 sedan had to have the software updated. I'm sorry to all the 328i E90 owners, but that car is not in the same league as the F30. Our 2012 is the first BMW I've owned or even driven. Its a pure joy, great car and extremely fast for what it is. Its my wife's DD, mine is a modified 2011 Mustang GT. Driving the 328i coupe was way closer to driving my mustang than driving her sedan, except it was slower than both. That car has no get up and is a lot louder and harsher. The coupe had the M sport package which came with 18's, but I doubt that's the problem because my mustang has 20's. Of course the BMW has a better interior and no inside rattles (unlike my mustang), but was still a big let down.

I found this thread because I was trying to figure out why the coupe was such a let down. That 20% difference (mainly engine & transmission) puts the F30 FAR ahead of the E90. Ridiculously far.

Last edited by S197; 03-30-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sport Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by S197 View Post
I have to agree 100% on ALL OF THIS. I just had a 2013 328i coupe as a loaner while our 2012 328i sedan had to have the software updated. I'm sorry to all the 328i E90 owners, but that car is not in the same league as the F30. Our 2012 is the first BMW I've owned or even driven. Its a pure joy, great car and extremely fast for what it is. Its my wife's DD, mine is a modified 2011 Mustang GT. Driving the 328i coupe was way closer to driving my mustang than driving her sedan, except it was slower than both. That car has no get up and is a lot louder and harsher. The coupe had the M sport package which came with 18's, but I doubt that's the problem because my mustang has 20's. Of course the BMW has a better interior and no inside rattles (unlike my mustang), but was still a big let down.

I found this thread because I was trying to figure out why the coupe was such a let down. That 20% difference (mainly engine & transmission) puts the F30 FAR ahead of the E90. Ridiculously far.
Yes, I had an E90 335 and now an F30 335. I loved my E90, don't get me wrong, but seriously, I love my F30 335 much much more. I already wrote a lot of reviews on my new car, so I'm not going to go into a lot of details...

First of all, DHP is really nice. Love the different modes in DHP. Never had that on my E90. I think the performance is much better. Not really talking about 0-60, but I'm talking about performance across the entire band 20 to 50, 10 to 40, 30 to 60, etc. It's just much better; especially when in Sport Mode. iDrive is better. HK sound system is much better than the HK in the E90, handling is just as good, rear view camera is a big plus, instrumentation is better. Just about everything is. Most of all, the new 8 speed sport transmission is WAY BETTER than the old 6 speed Steptronic

However, there are 2 things I noticed...

1) Sport Seats. I am getting used to them, but I think I like the regular seats I had in my e90 better. I know. I'm the exception to the rule, and besides, this has nothing to do with the F30 vs the E90 anyway... It's just a matter of seat preference.

2) Steering. After 2 weeks, I think I discovered a scenario in which the steering feels a little vague like some have suggested. It's on straight-aways. If you make a subtle turn to the left or right, you can notice it, but on most roads, I don't notice it that much at all. Overall, I would say the steering is still very good, but maybe not as good as the E90. In addition, I would say that the steering in no way negates the F30 relative to the E90.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:56 PM

Mein Auto: Saphire Black 2012 320i
Quote:

BJ
Totally agree with everything you said BJ ... You confused me on your first statement though

I would have said the E90 was 80% of the F30 since the f30 has that extra 20%

I went from 2010 E90 320i to 2012 F30 320i over here in Australia .. The F30 is a joy to drive .. And I did love my E90!!!

Those extra 20% are fantastic ..

Garyw
Old 07-18-2013, 07:55 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 328 M Sport
Quote:

BJ
Spot-on accurate observaton of the F30 BJ. I have over 11K on my 4 month old F30 N20 turbo 4 equiped 328i, and I have experienced the same observations. Completely happy with my choice.
__________________________________________________ _____________________
2013 Estoril Blue II 328i XDrive M Sport
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C2tC5 (9).jpg
Views:	45
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	387332   Click image for larger version

Name:	C2tC5 (110).jpg
Views:	46
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	387333  
Old 12-16-2012, 06:56 PM
Not Wearing Pants

Mein Auto: Moped
Quote:

Hmmm. Had two e90s and now I'm in this F30.

Ride: F30
Handling: F30 (even with narrow tires it'll take the same corners much better than my e90s)
Space: F30
Interior fit and finish: F30
Cockpit design: F30
Exterior styling: F30
Overall size: E90 (easy, the F30 is massive)
Suspension: F30
Engine: F30
Economy: F30
Luxury features: F30
Driving feel: e90 without a doubt.
NVH: 330i e90 (not my 335i e90)
Engine sound: E90 330i (not the 335i...which had no engine sound)
Transmission: e90 330i
Brakes: F30
Tires: e90 335i (F30 has some insanely bad/narrow tires on sport models)

Of course if my 2003 ZHP were sold today with a new 4 year warranty, I'd take that car without pause. It's way smaller (yahoo), not as luxurious but far more alive/exciting to drive and far better looking than the e9x/f3x cars. Sadly, BMW no longer sells a compact sedan in the US double XL.

Last edited by brkf; 12-16-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brkf View Post

Handling: F30 (even with narrow tires it'll take the same corners much better than my e90s)

Of course if my 2003 ZHP were sold today with a new 4 year warranty, I'd take that car without pause. It's way smaller (yahoo), not as luxurious but far more alive/exciting to drive and far better looking than the e9x/f3x cars. Sadly, BMW no longer sells a compact sedan in the US double XL.
Driving feel is what I was going after. I wish my e90 could have early e46 steering feel

No staggered set up on F30 Sport's?
Old 12-16-2012, 07:26 PM

Mein Auto: 335i M Sport
Quote:
Driving feel is what I was going after. I wish my e90 could have early e46 steering feel

Having owned and driven BMWs since 1984, I would say the F30-335i M Sport that I now drive comes closest in steering feel to my retired E46/ZHP. I had 3 different E90s and the steering heft in all of them was heavy in comparison to the F30. I should mention that my car has the Variable Sport steering, which I would highly recommend. It's very direct, accurate and quick turning in tight corners. It also has good on centre feel. Only the feedback to road imperfections may be less than it was with the E46/ZHP, but overall, I'm very impressed with the VSS coupled with M Adaptive suspension.

I realize that in the US, if you order VSS, you also have to get the M adaptive suspension, which my car also has. This is another worthwhile option. I would far rather spend my option budget on features that improve the feel and handling of the car than on technical toys like HUD.

As for staggered set-ups, if you ordered the M sport version, you get a proper staggered set-up with summer performance tires (non-staggered all-seasons are an option, only in the US). For the Sportline version, if you opt for the 19" wheels/tires, you would get staggered summer performance tires.

When comparing the styling of my current 335i M Sport to past BMWs that I have owned, the only retired car that stands out for me is the E46/ZHP coupe. But I really admire the styling of my M Sport !!! To my eyes, the M Sport stands well above any of the other F30 versions or any of the competitors.

My suggestion is that you borrow a F30 Sportline or M Sport and drive it for at least an hour over a variety of roads and at higher speeds. Although the car is slightly larger, it doesn't feel larger, but it does feel more solid (because it is a stronger body shell) and it is quieter @ higher speeds. However, the N55 engine still makes some wonderful sounds !!!
2013 F30-335i M Sport, Glacier silver, 8 spd, black dakota w/walnut trim, premium pkg, 18" Style 400M wheels, adaptive M suspension, variable sport steering, M Sport brakes, front & Rear PDC, Sat radio, BMW Assist pkg.

Last edited by DerekS; 12-16-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:27 PM
Not Wearing Pants

Mein Auto: Moped
Quote:

M Sport gets staggered, I believe. But then only black leather interior (which to me is a deal breaker).
Old 12-17-2012, 10:03 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW X3 3.0i (manual)
Quote:
Of course if my 2003 ZHP were sold today with a new 4 year warranty, I'd take that car without pause. It's way smaller (yahoo), not as luxurious but far more alive/exciting to drive and far better looking than the e9x/f3x cars. Sadly, BMW no longer sells a compact sedan in the US...
My thoughts exactly. In the last 20 years that I've been driving, cars have grown massively in size and power. But the roads haven't grown any bigger. Parking lots haven't grown any bigger. Most garages haven't grown any bigger unless you've bought a new house. And the speed limits haven't increased.
Since I live in a city, the new 3-series and Audi A4 can't be on my shopping list. They're just too big. The VW GTI, Audi A3, Subaru WRX, and BMW X1 fit my life much better. I owned a 1998 Audi A4 Quattro and a 2006 BMW 330Cic (E46 generation), and the new A4 and 3-series are utterly massive in comparison.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:02 PM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: 335i E93 - 750Lix
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthewalrus View Post
My thoughts exactly. In the last 20 years that I've been driving, cars have grown massively in size and power. But the roads haven't grown any bigger. Parking lots haven't grown any bigger. Most garages haven't grown any bigger unless you've bought a new house. And the speed limits haven't increased.
Since I live in a city, the new 3-series and Audi A4 can't be on my shopping list. They're just too big. The VW GTI, Audi A3, Subaru WRX, and BMW X1 fit my life much better. I owned a 1998 Audi A4 Quattro and a 2006 BMW 330Cic (E46 generation), and the new A4 and 3-series are utterly massive in comparison.
Go back an additional 20 years to the 1960s and you will see that cars then were for the most part much larger (although not necessarily heavier) than modern cars. I can remember when I was a kid and some of the neighbors had to extend their gargages to fit their new cars (and these were Fords, Chevrolets and Dodges). A modern large car, even a large sedan like an S Class Mercedes and a 7 Series would easily fit in one of those garages. Then a trend started where large cars began to get smaller.

Now we seem to be on a cycle where small cars are getting bigger. The Honda Accords and BMW 3 Series of today compared to the 1980 would be a good example. Virtually no manufacture is making a 3 door hatchback today and compact hatchbacks were one of the most popular configurations 25 years ago.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club (Watkins Glen International)
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Society of Automotive Historians
Old 12-16-2012, 07:07 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to jfox335i
Mein Auto: 2014 335i
Quote:

The new 1-series sedan should fit your desire for a compact sedan. If you can wait 3 years of course.
2012 F30 335i Sedan - BSM, Sport Line, PP,Tech,HK,CW,DA2
2010 E90 M3 - JBM PP,TP,ES,CW,Beast

BMWCCA #471315
Old 12-16-2012, 08:04 PM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: 335i E93 - 750Lix
Quote:
Yes, I do.

It's not bad, it's just different. At speed, took me two days to get used to it, to have the car respond the way I was used to after 6 years in E9X's. When parking or navigating the driveway, it's a dream, far less endless turning to deal with.

BJ
Are we talking about steering effort or steering ratio.

Does your car have active steering?

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club (Watkins Glen International)
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Society of Automotive Historians