Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 12-22-2012, 01:19 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: SOLD
California retro license plates

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/12/21/506...o-produce.html

Just saw this. Spread the word!
Old 12-29-2012, 07:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 530xi 6 speed manual
It would be better if you could get them to match your car color. Although, NO PLATE would be better than that! LOL!
Old 12-29-2012, 09:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 550i
I'm going to do this for my old Buick. Wonder if you can choose the number and letter combination.

Keith
Old 12-29-2012, 10:56 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X1 sDrive28i
Here is the link to the DMV form for those interested:

http://apps.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg17L.pdf

Note the fine print. They need 7,500 people to request the plates before they will run them. Delivery is 9-12 months after they hit that 7,500 mark, which means you can't expect any plates before 2014. If they do not get enough requests they will refund your $50 but that won't happen until January 2015 though you can request a refund sooner by sending in paperwork.

Thinking about it for my new X1. Wonder which plate would like the best on Alpine White. Would be something a little different and out of the ordinary. But not sure I want to have to go through the hassle of changing my plates after at least of year of working with the original ones.

Last edited by Tirpitz; 12-29-2012 at 11:16 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirpitz View Post
Here is the link to the DMV form for those interested:

http://apps.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg17L.pdf

Note the fine print. They need 7,500 people to request the plates before they will run them. Delivery is 9-12 months after they hit that 7,500 mark, which means you can't expect any plates before 2014. If they do not get enough requests they will refund your $50 but that won't happen until January 2015 though you can request a refund sooner by sending in paperwork.

Thinking about it for my new X1. Wonder which plate would like the best on Alpine White. Would be something a little different and out of the ordinary. But not sure I want to have to go through the hassle of changing my plates after at least of year of working with the original ones.
not sure how these would look on a modern car......
Old 12-30-2012, 10:12 AM

Mein Auto: BMW
Kind of cool.