Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 12-27-2012, 09:55 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 750i
iPhone music on 2013 Series 7

Having problems seeing artists, tracks, search, etc of the music on my iPhone(s) on a 2013 series 7 (with BMW Apps/ B&O).

I tried the iPhone 5 (and the 4S I still have). When connected by bluetooth - either will play random tracks and I can play next track only (only option). No lists of music, not album cover (but track info on some), no artist or other search.

I tried connecting both iPhones (one at a time) via USB in center console via Apple cable - this does not work.

I tried with the 4S using the "BMW Media Cradle" I purchased last year - does not work either.

Are there any settings I am missing?

Thanks
Ads by Google
Old 12-27-2012, 01:22 PM

Mein Auto: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by likegadgets View Post
Having problems seeing artists, tracks, search, etc of the music on my iPhone(s) on a 2013 series 7 (with BMW Apps/ B&O).

I tried the iPhone 5 (and the 4S I still have). When connected by bluetooth - either will play random tracks and I can play next track only (only option). No lists of music, not album cover (but track info on some), no artist or other search.

I tried connecting both iPhones (one at a time) via USB in center console via Apple cable - this does not work.

I tried with the 4S using the "BMW Media Cradle" I purchased last year - does not work either.

Are there any settings I am missing?

Thanks
Both functionalities work on my iPhone 5. Only thing I can think of is go into connections and see that bluetooth audio and phone are selected for that device. If thats there, delete the connection and set it up again.
2012 Ferrari California
Old 12-27-2012, 09:16 PM

Mein Auto: 740i
Couple months ago switched to USB stick AUX input..... never looked back.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:08 PM

Mein Auto: M3
Playing music via bluetooth

Folks,
I have 2012 750iAH.
I am using a iphone 4.
I can access the songs if the phone is in the cradle. But the music is not accessible if the phone is not in the cradle (I can still use the phone via bluetooth).
What can I do to access the songs via bluetooth without placing the phone in the cradle?

Also I am thinking of upgrading to iphone 5 -
a) I assume I would need a new cradle?
b)Can I access the itunes via bluetooth?
Thanks
Old 01-05-2013, 05:17 PM

As far as I know there is no cradle out yet for the iPhone 5.

On my 750i - 2013

1) iPhone 5 works for music with full iPod menus and art cover only with it's iPhone cable (lightening connector) connected via USB. Apps work also via cable. Phone functions are fine simultaneously via Bluetooth.

2) iPhone Music works via Bluetooth, but only track forward and back show up on iDrive - not art cover or search.

3) I had a "Music" cradle for my 4 from my 2010 - it did not work at all on the 2013, except for charging the 4S. I traded the "Music" for a "Media"cradle and that one works fine for the 4S. Same functions as when connected via Apple connector cable on the 5.

4) Both the 4 (in cradle) and 5 (via USB) are connected and I can switch between them via iDrive (Media Button) to choose the music. The 4 is being used as an iPod only.

Hope that helps
Old 01-05-2013, 05:24 PM

Mein Auto: M3
Likegadgets,
Thanks for the quick reply.
With the new Mercedes, I can access the itunes (all functions) via bluetooth with the phone in the pocket.
So to reconfirm, this is not possible with the BMW right?

Also is there a provision to charge the iphone 5 in the car? Or do I need a new cable?
Old 01-05-2013, 06:21 PM

Others may report different results but I have been unable to access all music functions with Bluetooth alone.
The iPhone 5 does charge when connected to the USB in the center console and when using an Apple USB lightening cable.