BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2006 x3 fails to spray windshield wiper fluid

8K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  brunke 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! Looking for more advice. I've had my x3 for about 2 months and finally needed the windshield wiper fluid. It works on rear window but front window doesn't work. Put new fluid in as the light indicator was on letting me know I was low on wiper fluid and the only reason I attempted to use the fluid after I filled the wiper reservoir.

I don't hear a motor when I attempt to have the wiper fluid clean the front widow but the windshield wipers do work.

Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch

#2 · (Edited)
Well if you don't hear a small buzzing sound which would be the little motor, it's likely that you need to replace it.
For a 2004 X3 which is mine (not sure if it's different for yours but you can use the website with your VIN to find out) this is the diagram:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=PA93&mospid=47794&btnr=61_1736&hg=61&fg=45

The part number should be #4 but you may also want to replace the little washers which is part # 5. You should be able to find out which one is not working by having someone use the rear one so you can hear the buzzing sound.

Hope this helps!

#3 ·
Odds are your fluid was low because the pump failed and the fluid leaked out of the broken weep hole on the pump.

Super easy fix. One screw to remove reservoir and pump just pops in. Takes less than 5 minutes to fix.

Here is a link to the part:

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E83-X3-N52_3.0L/Search/Uro_Washer/ES2187558/

In the 107k miles I have had my 09 x3, I have replaced the pump twice. I just use the after market ones now.

#5 ·
On the MY 2006 X3 be careful when you order a new pump. The electrical connection , ( contacts ) are either round or flat. Look at what your connection is before you order. Its probably the easiest fix on the X3. good luck:thumbup:
cheers
vern

#7 ·
Try swapping the electrical connectors between the two pumps. If it is the pump, the front will wash instead of the rear and vice versa. If not it is a problem similar to what I'm chasing. One one the other owners found it to be the control board that is above the glove box panel and above the fuse panel. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.