Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 12-30-2012, 03:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 335i Coupe
Question Technic's HIFI Harness

First off I will start by saying that I am really new to this. I just ordered one of Technic's HIFI harnesses for my 2012 335i Coupe (E92) with HIFI sound.

I am curious to know if this device has any limits. Does it matter the wattage of the sub-woofers and amplifier? Is there any way that I can damage any other parts of my car like the OEM headunit or other parts of the OEM system?

Basically, is there anything important I should know when choosing the sub-woofers and amplifier that I am going to be putting in my car?

I was thinking I would do 2 12" Kicker sub-woofers at 800W peak power and 400W RMS per subwoofer. (Its a loaded enclosure). And then to go with an Infinity Kappa One amplifier at 1600W Peak power and 800W RMS.

Would this setup work?

Last edited by RyanAustinOlson; 12-30-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Advertisement
Old 12-30-2012, 04:14 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 325xi wagon
Ask on the audio board.

There is much more audio expertize there, also ask Technic he has done a lot of systems.
I have been told you will start to have trouble with the electrical system keeping up at about
2000 watts . Also if you replace the stock amp you need an amp capable of accepting balanced
signals.
Yes you have to be careful because anything electrical can be shorted out.
If you don't have some experience with stereo or cars you should get some local help.
Its not that much more difficult than hooking up a home stereo or entertainment system
with the exception of taking off the panels and routing the wires.
You should no how to use a volt ohm meter and what the readings mean.

You need to study this

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=641323

Last edited by ctuna; 12-30-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:57 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 335i Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
There is much more audio expertize there, also ask Technic he has done a lot of systems.
I have been told you will start to have trouble with the electrical system keeping up at about
2000 watts . Also if you replace the stock amp you need an amp capable of accepting balanced
signals.
Yes you have to be careful because anything electrical can be shorted out.
If you don't have some experience with stereo or cars you should get some local help.
Its not that much more difficult than hooking up a home stereo or entertainment system
with the exception of taking off the panels and routing the wires.
You should no how to use a volt ohm meter and what the readings mean.

You need to study this

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=641323
I am not changing the stock amp. Everything OEM that is in the car is staying there. I am only adding the addition of trunk sub-woofers along with an amplifier.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:05 PM

Mein Auto: 325xi wagon
Go to the audio board the experts on bass are there.

Go to the audio board the experts on bass are there.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:09 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328i BMW M-Sport
if you are going to add woofers in your car then all you will need is a line output converter from the midbass drivers signal and run it to your monoblock amp. there is no limit to what you put in you car except your vehicles electrical system. at 800rms of power i would recommend you add an extra tiny car audio battery like the kinetic hc600 which can be found for 70 bucks on ebay shipped to your door. if you need any more car audio help please let me know
Old 09-27-2013, 09:10 PM

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
I'm running 1000 W RMS.... one Alpine MRP-M500 and a JL 500/1.

No problems what so ever. You don't need an extra battery. I would try a cap before adding a second battery.

The technic harness has no limits in terms of how much power you can push through your sub. Your aftermarket amp will limit the output of your sub. The technic haness contains a LOC already and all that does is provide the remote signal to turn your aftermarket amp on and to send the audio signal to your aftermarket amp for it to amplify.

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 23.6mm Rear Sway Bar | Whiteline 27mm Front Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |