Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 01-10-2013, 02:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 535I-X
FOB Remote Not Unlocking Trunk After Bumper Repair

I'm new to BMW and recently had my rear bumper replaced at a BMW body shop. Everything appeared fine when I got the car back yesterday, but when I tried to use the FOB remote to pop the trunk -- nothing . I had to use the internal button to release the trunk or physically press the trunk release with my hand (the car has Comfort Access). None of my FOB remotes will release the trunk.

I'm thinking because the body shop had to dismantle the back portion of the car to get the bumper off, they may have left off something. In any case the car is still under manufacture warranty but I want to get any thoughts from the forum before I take the car back.

This forum contains a heap of good information and I'd appreciate any info or ammo you all can provide. Thanks

Last edited by Silver535IX; 01-10-2013 at 03:08 PM. Reason: MISSPELLED FOB IN TITLE
Ads by Google
Old 01-11-2013, 10:20 AM
info@e92-lighting.com

Send a message via AIM to E92-Lighting Send a message via MSN to E92-Lighting Send a message via Yahoo to E92-Lighting Send a message via Skype™ to E92-Lighting
Mein Auto: 335i
first time i ever heard of this issue

BMW CREE LED ANGEL EYES ALL BMW MODELS MTEC V3 V4 DTEC V6 V7 V8 V9 V10 NO ERROR
BMW ACCESSORIES and PARTS
BMW LED INTERIOR KITS
please PM/Email us for member discount/combo pricing
info@e92-lighting.com "e90post5" for 5% off as the promo code
Old 01-11-2013, 06:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 535I-X
Update

Returned it to the body shop, the service rep I'd been dealing with experienced the same symptoms I did. After about 5 minutes of pressing both FOB's, the trunk started opening consistently. He couldn't explain it. So I took it to the BMW service shop to have them take a look. After about an hour of checking out the car, they came back and said nothing was wrong (but they did change the batteries in both FOBs - even though the FOB's were strong enough to consistently lock/unlock the car and engage the panic alarm before the battery change).

Anyway, am glad it's working - but this was one strange experience.