Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 01-24-2013, 10:23 AM

Mein Auto: STI
Best Model for Me?

Hi all!!!

I wanted to sell my pride and joy a 07 Subaru STI LTD and even though it was the best car I have driven by far, I really don't like to put in a new engine every 3 years so it is time to sell. 370hp 4cyl cars just don't last. I can probably get about 23K$ for her. So with a little cash I wanted to step into a bmw model with about 30-50K miles on it. I wanted close to the same giddie up as my sti but with more engine reliability and all the nice features. I was looking at 335i or 335xi in the 2008-2010 year span. Can these cars get me to 200K miles with the right care? Any other models i should look at with a goal of 200k miles, good hp, and a little less than 30K$ to spend?
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2013, 01:14 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 05 E60 545i, 84 E30 318i
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavc19 View Post
Hi all!!!

Can these cars get me to 200K miles with the right care?
Im more than sure they could granted with the proper care. My 84 3 series has over 280K on it and still running. Though i diddnt put but less then 1K on it, but its still pretty up there.