Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:12 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 335, 2013 328
328 sport line, no red trim on dash?

Hi

My 2013 has the Sport Line option with red stitching on the wheel, but I noticed there is no red trim pieces on the dash. Instead my are brushed metal. Was the red dash trim a separate option?

Thanks,

Jerry
Ads by Google
Old 02-03-2013, 06:25 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrykur View Post
Hi

My 2013 has the Sport Line option with red stitching on the wheel, but I noticed there is no red trim pieces on the dash. Instead my are brushed metal. Was the red dash trim a separate option?

Thanks,

Jerry
yep, it's a variation. You can have red trim, black trim, and blue if you get m sport.
I chose aluminum with black.

Last edited by chiba; 02-03-2013 at 06:27 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:32 AM

Mein Auto: F30 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiba View Post
yep, it's a variation. You can have red trim, black trim, and blue if you get m sport.
I chose aluminum with black.

Sorry to be off topic, but is that a cup holder mount for your S3? If so, which mount did you get?
Old 02-03-2013, 06:49 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sport Sedan
Yes, people were making a big fuss about this when the F30 first came out. Lots of people were saying they don't like the sport line because of the red trim, but you have to specify it when ordering. You don't have to get it if you don't want it. I ordered it for my car. I really like it. It adds a nice splash of color.

Of course, some people hate it, and we're about to hear from them shortly. People are going to post how hideous it looks.

But lots of folks on the 'feast have it.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:03 AM
328i xDrive Commuter

Mein Auto: 2013 328i xDrive Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by krash View Post
Yes, people were making a big fuss about this when the F30 first came out. Lots of people were saying they don't like the sport line because of the red trim, but you have to specify it when ordering. You don't have to get it if you don't want it. I ordered it for my car. I really like it. It adds a nice splash of color.

Of course, some people hate it, and we're about to hear from them shortly. People are going to post how hideous it looks.

When I ordered my Sport Line, my Wife questioned the red trim and insisted she would not like it. Now, each time she sits in my car, she runs her fingers on the red trim and tells me how much she like the red!? (krash, what was your #2 worst sin, do not let your Wife pick your color?) Furthermore, I added the Sport Line All Weather Mats with the red trim (same cost as the all black, but mats not in the signature picture as they had to be ordered when I bought the car) and she has also commented on how nice they look with the red trim!? The Red trim key fob is also really sweeet!

2013 328i xDrive / 8-Speed / Imperial Blue / Everest Grey / Sport Package / Premium Package / Tech Package / Heated Seats

Last edited by kpgray; 02-03-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:10 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sport Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpgray View Post
When I ordered my Sport Line, my Wife questioned the red trim and insisted she would not like it. Now, each time she sits in my car, she runs her fingers on the red trim and tells me how much she like the red!? (krash, what was your #2 worst sin, do not let your Wife pick your color?) Furthermore, I added the Sport Line All Weather Mats with the red trim (same cost as the all black, but mats not in the signature picture as they had to be ordered when I bought the car) and she has also commented on how nice they look with the red trim!? The Red trim key fob is also really sweeet!

Yeah, i actually said that.

LOL!

Funny, because I showed my wife a picture of the car I ordered and she really liked the red stripe alot. My kids do too.

I didn't ask their opinion before I ordered of course. I had to stick to my rules.

Can't wait to get my car and see it live and in person.

Last edited by krash; 02-03-2013 at 07:13 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:23 AM
Yoyo Mama

Mein Auto: 2013 F30 335xi BSM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krash View Post

I hate the red trim and it looks hideous.

No seriously, I considered the red trim for my Sportline but ultimately decided on Anthracite. The red was a little too bright for me when I looked at it at the dealer but to each his own. I don't think its hideous - just preferred the anthracite.

F30 2013 335i xDrive BSM :: 8AT :: Sport Line:: Tech Package :: Anthracite :: Heated Seats

E90 2006 325i SG :: steptronic :: xenon :: power/heated seats :: comfort access :: sat prep :: poplar
Mods: Chrome Exhaust Tips

2013 RX 350 Mica Blue

Retired: 2001 325i
Retired: 2003 TL 3.2

Last edited by kobechrome; 02-03-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:09 AM

Mein Auto: BMW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by notfound View Post
Sorry to be off topic, but is that a cup holder mount for your S3? If so, which mount did you get?
Ram mount, I posted my review here for you.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...22#post7356322

Chiba