Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 02-11-2013, 08:36 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: UDMs
Tech package requires premium package on AH5?

On BMW USA build your own I can add teck package without Premium package, on bmwconfig.com teck package requires premium package.

which one is correct?

also, wonder why they let you order Msport package on AH3 but not on AH5

I like the Msport look on AH3 but like the interior and luxury seat package on AH5
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2013, 09:15 AM
cor door sedan

Mein Auto: 2013 550i xDrive
BMW USA appears to be correct.

According to the official ordering guide (which you can download here: http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=691825), the Technology Package does *not* require ordering the Premium Package.

When one package requires ordering another package (e.g. Driver Assistance Plus requires ordering Driver Assistance), they indicate it on the ordering guide (e.g. "ZDB requires ordering ZDA"). They don't list anything for the Technology Package.

As far as the M Sport Package goes, there may be a technical reason but probably not.

Perhaps you should go with a standard 535 so you can get the M Sport. Are there features on the AH5 you want that you can't get on the 535, such as 4-zone? Or do you just want the hybrid-ness?
Old 02-11-2013, 09:34 AM

Mein Auto: UDMs
Quote:
Originally Posted by cordoor View Post
BMW USA appears to be correct.

According to the official ordering guide (which you can download here: http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=691825), the Technology Package does *not* require ordering the Premium Package.

When one package requires ordering another package (e.g. Driver Assistance Plus requires ordering Driver Assistance), they indicate it on the ordering guide (e.g. "ZDB requires ordering ZDA"). They don't list anything for the Technology Package.

As far as the M Sport Package goes, there may be a technical reason but probably not.

Perhaps you should go with a standard 535 so you can get the M Sport. Are there features on the AH5 you want that you can't get on the 535, such as 4-zone? Or do you just want the hybrid-ness?
Thanks for your reply.

I like the hybrids because they get the newest Navigation, have a much better implementation of the auto start stop, get slightly better mileage, and the eco credits are also attractive.

The AH3 will be more sporty and high performance ( same power less weight) and also allows Msport, but the AH5 has much nicer interior and I really like the luxury seat package.

Another consideration is trunk space, appears AH5 is reduced quite a bit and no folding rear seats, AH3 is reduced also but I think gets folding seats.

Anyone know where I can find cubic volume for the 2 trunks?
Old 02-12-2013, 12:57 PM

Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDF30 View Post
Thanks for your reply.

I like the hybrids because they get the newest Navigation, have a much better implementation of the auto start stop, get slightly better mileage, and the eco credits are also attractive.

The AH3 will be more sporty and high performance ( same power less weight) and also allows Msport, but the AH5 has much nicer interior and I really like the luxury seat package.

Another consideration is trunk space, appears AH5 is reduced quite a bit and no folding rear seats, AH3 is reduced also but I think gets folding seats.

Anyone know where I can find cubic volume for the 2 trunks?
Same weight? Are you sure? This goes against logic since you are adding an additional electric motor and weight to a hybrid.

As far as interiors, I think you can get everything from the hybrid on a gas, except the 4 zone climate and ofcourse - the electric engine :-)
Old 02-12-2013, 01:12 PM
cor door sedan

Mein Auto: 2013 550i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
Same weight?
I think he said the AH3 has the same amount of power but weighs less than the AH5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
I think you can get everything from the hybrid on a gas, except the 4 zone climate...
When my 550i xDrive is in my hands in a few weeks, I will post a picture that shows the 4-zone climate control I got on it

It does not have an electric motor, though. Hehe.