02-24-2013, 02:06 PM
Location: WPB, FL
Join Date: Feb 2013
Mein Auto: 01 X5 4.4i
DIY: Rear Sunroof Drain Repair - E53
Here is my DIY on repairing a leak in the cargo area due to disconnected drain hoses in a 2001 X5 4.4i.
Since this is my 1st post, I should introduce myself.
I've been lurking here (and some other BMW forums) since the beginning of the month, when I bought a Pearl Beige Metallic 2001 X5 4.4i w/110k+ miles on it.
It is in very good condition, but being almost 12 years old (06/01 mfg) there are some things that need attention.
All of these forums have been a great resource, so I am returning the favor.
- License Plate Lights (fixed thanks to this and other forums)
- Tail Lights (fixed thanks to this and other forums)
- Pixels shot on radio (sent to VDORepairs, thanks to this and other forums)
- Fried Amp, due to this leak (now repaired!)
- Minor Oil Leak (I hope - TBD - plan on having an Indy diagnose and repair)
- Wear on some trim (not a big deal)
- Fluid changes all around - preventive (plan on having Indy deal w/trans and brakes, will do everything else)
I could not find this DIY fix on any of the 3 forums that I now frequent. So I plan cross-posting this elsewhere, hope no one minds!