Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 06-08-2013, 12:32 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E53 N62; E90 N52
Rattle from Dome Light Area

Hello,

I have a 2004 X5 E53 N62 with a regular sunroof.

Here is the problem, something around the ceiling center console (lights switches and such, right behind the sunroof) is rattling pretty bad. If I put my hand on the ceiling right before the console, the vibration stops, or almost disappears. It is driving me nuts, its not a quiet rattle, it is loud.

What I have tried so far. I have taken of the console, and lubed it, and re-installed it, and still no change, I tried 4 rubber isolators on each side, no change, I tired to put silicon on any clip that was moving, no change....

Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks in advance!
Ads by Google
Old 06-16-2013, 07:35 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E53 N62; E90 N52
if you make some space where the sun roof trim meets the ceiling, there are some T-10 Torx screws. 2 of them needed to be tightened one revolution. You have to use a torx L key. That was the only thing that fit. no more rattle from the ceiling