Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2005, 12:39 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 325i
Oil Change

Hi guys
Before everyone gets mad, yes i did do my homework and searched the forum, but now, i'm even more confused that ever before.
So here is deal, i have a 325i, bought a couple of months ago, and i have around 6500 miles on it. I got kinda worried today realizing thats twice the 3000 mile interval so i decided to ask for your oppinion on what i should do.
I'm no mechanic, and do not have the tools to do my own oil change.
So here is deal.
Some guys say that after after 7000 miles you should change your oil, some say 3000 miles, and other say that its fine with sythetic oil and you can wait till the 14000 mile limit(i think its 14000)
Most people do it for the peace of mind, which i think that is the sole reason that i'm doing it for.
For the gist of it, i want to change my oil! Should I? Would be the first question!
And where do i change it? I'm sure jiffy lube or midas is not the answer! should i take it to the dealer? i'm preety sure they wont do it for free, the free maintance plan is a marketing thing!
So i'm a little lost on what to do and how to do it!
I would apriciate any help!
Ooo and one last thing, that break in period that you guys talk about on new cars! I never did that, went over 3000 rpms even touched 6000 at maybe 50 miles on the car!
am i screwed?
Thanx
Burak
Ads by Google