Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 01-21-2005, 08:33 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: German
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackChrome
'Let's leave the useless MPG gauge there but delete somewhat more useful coolant gauge...'

Why can't BMW just include a oil temp gauge????????
They do, on the M cars.
88 325is Black/Cinnamon 5 speed
Old 01-21-2005, 09:24 AM
ICH LIEBE BMW!!!!

Send a message via Skype™ to mwagner1
Mein Auto: it has four wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeucX3
I don't like these pictures at all. Ones that i saw before were better than these. I hope the car looks better in person.
You hit the nail on the head!!! I for one have completely given up on judging ANY new Bimmer until I see one in person. That goes for color, interior, styling, etc.

I hated the images I saw of the new E60...that is, until I actually saw one on the road. Same goes for the new 7....

Judging colors looking at images on line?? FORGET IT!!! My monitor is color calibrated (for doing my digital photography) and even then, colors on screen are nothing like what you see for real.

I will wait until I actually see a new 3 Series before I make ANY judgments!!!

Cheers.

Mark in Austin
Old 01-21-2005, 10:25 AM

Mein Auto: 320i E90
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwagner1
You hit the nail on the head!!! I for one have completely given up on judging ANY new Bimmer until I see one in person. That goes for color, interior, styling, etc.

I hated the images I saw of the new E60...that is, until I actually saw one on the road. Same goes for the new 7....

Judging colors looking at images on line?? FORGET IT!!! My monitor is color calibrated (for doing my digital photography) and even then, colors on screen are nothing like what you see for real.

I will wait until I actually see a new 3 Series before I make ANY judgments!!!

Cheers.

Mark in Austin
Believe me, it looks great on the road. I saw one yesterday (near the place where I took the pictures here in Valencia) and it was stunning with the xenon ligths on
Old 01-21-2005, 11:15 AM

Mein Auto: E30, M3, 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by juansego
Believe me, it looks great on the road. I saw one yesterday (near the place where I took the pictures here in Valencia) and it was stunning with the xenon ligths on
I agree. I was not a big fan of the body style when pictures where first released, but I have now seen the car in person and it is absolutely incredible!! I had the privilege to sit in on an overview of the E90 presented by BMW Marketing. I was also able to sit in the car and look at every nook and cranny. This is the best 3 ever!! BMW has set the bar so freakiní high on this car that no other manufacturer will be even able to come close.

I took a lot of pictures, but had to agree to NOT post them on the internet. I wanted to post them sooooo bad, but I must stick to my word. Donít worry the E90 will be here shortly, should be in showrooms at the end of March.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:21 AM

Mein Auto: 2003 Graygreen 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy
I agree. I was not a big fan of the body style when pictures where first released, but I have now seen the car in person and it is absolutely incredible!! I had the privilege to sit in on an overview of the E90 presented by BMW Marketing. I was also able to sit in the car and look at every nook and cranny. This is the best 3 ever!! BMW has set the bar so freakiní high on this car that no other manufacturer will be even able to come close.

I took a lot of pictures, but had to agree to NOT post them on the internet. I wanted to post them sooooo bad, but I must stick to my word. Donít worry the E90 will be here shortly, should be in showrooms at the end of March.
I really, really, really want that to be true. Our next one may have to be a wagon though (my wife loves wagons, even though we have no kids).

When I look at pictures, sometimes I think it looks good, sometimes bloated, especially in the rear. Did you feel in person that it looked bloated?
Old 01-21-2005, 11:27 AM

Mein Auto: Something German
Quote:

I am really looking forward to seeing the coupe, I think it will be a great car.

Euro Delivery Thread
///M3 -6MT
E30 M3 Sold, E36 Sold, E46 Sold, E90 Sold
Old 01-21-2005, 12:37 PM

Mein Auto: 11 X5 35i
Quote:

Can you email these pictures ? Also, do you know anything about pricing?
Old 01-21-2005, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob325_in_AZ
I really, really, really want that to be true. Our next one may have to be a wagon though (my wife loves wagons, even though we have no kids).
There will be an E90 wagon and the XI model will incorporate the x-drive technology which will make the XI much sportier then the previous XI models.

Quote:
When I look at pictures, sometimes I think it looks good, sometimes bloated, especially in the rear. Did you feel in person that it looked bloated?
No, absolutely not. It does look slightly larger, well, because it is, but the lines of the car flow really well. All I can say is that the car looks soooo much better in person, all the marketing pics Iíve seen of the car doesnít even come close to doing it justice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalli
Can you email these pictures ? Also, do you know anything about pricing?
Sorry, I can't email the pics either. I had every intention on taking a crap load of pics and posting them on here, but when I asked if I could take the pictures, he said that would be fine as long as I didn't post them on the web... at least until the car hits the showrooms in March. I'd prefer to keep my word and not get into any legal trouble if you know what I mean.

I asked the guy about pricing, and he told me that it would only be slighter higher then the previous model, but not by much. He didn't give me an exact figure. But let me tell you... the all new engineering in this car and all the extra bells and whistles will more... and I mean MORE then make up for the slightly additional cost.

Here are few more details I can remember from the presentationÖ

The 325 and the 330 will both have a 3.0 liter engine. The major difference between the engines of the two cars are the manifolds. The 325 will have a two stage intake manifold and the 330 will have a three stage intake manifold.

The car will not come with a spare tire. All of the cars will come with run flat tires.

The engine does not have a dip stick to check the oil level. It will come with a digital oil level gauge on the dash.

The side airbags are located in the seats.

Ö thatís all I can remember for now.

Last edited by Andy; 01-21-2005 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:43 PM

Mein Auto: 11 X5 35i
Sorry to hear that you can't distribute your pics, but from what I read I really should see the car. At this point it doesn't matter becasue I will have one in April.... Thanks for all the info though !!!

On a side note, how did you get to go to this Marketing thing? Also. do you know if they will be showing it around to different dealerships like they have done with previous new model introductions? How does it feel to actually sit in the driver's seat?
Old 01-21-2005, 04:07 PM
Ich bin ein Bimmerer

Mein Auto: 04 ZHP/4
Quote:
This is the best 3 ever!! BMW has set the bar so freakiní high on this car that no other manufacturer will be even able to come close.
Andy, did they serve special Kool-Aid at this event? Sounds like you drank some, bro!
Old 01-21-2005, 05:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 Graygreen 325i
Andy,

Thanks for the information. Sounds pretty encouraging!
BTW, how the heck did you manage to get into this preview?

Also, it sounds like it's pretty much confirmed then on the two 3.0L engines. I'm still not sure how I feel about that, but they should both perform better than the previous counterparts.

Rob
Old 01-22-2005, 08:20 AM

Quote:
BTW, how the heck did you manage to get into this preview?
The car is still sitting in our lobby at work. Benefits of working at BMWFS, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalli
How does it feel to actually sit in the driver's seat?
Yes, the seats look and feel really good. They have adjustable side bolsters like you get on the M3.