Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 01-23-2005, 04:46 PM
Grinning from ear to ear

Mein Auto: is way too fast
Tire and Wheel Coverage

Is it worth getting the BMW Tire and Road hazard coverage? My dealer's charging $269 for it. Given that the price of one 18" tire is around that price, is it worth it to get this coverage?

The dealer says it covers nails, potholes, and essentially anything else that can damage the car other then tread wear. He says there's no deductible, and it's not prorated - they actually replace the full value of the tire.

Can anyone comment on this plan please?

Thx
Old 01-23-2005, 05:54 PM

Mein Auto: 330CIC
Not for that price.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:07 PM
Grinning from ear to ear

My instinct tells me no. But I'm not sure why not? If the cost to replace 1 tire is about 250 or more, wouldn't this coverage make sense? I've gone through several tires on my existing car too.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:57 PM
Jayhawk Fan

Mein Auto: BMW 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanjs4
Is it worth getting the BMW Tire and Road hazard coverage? My dealer's charging $269 for it. Given that the price of one 18" tire is around that price, is it worth it to get this coverage?

The dealer says it covers nails, potholes, and essentially anything else that can damage the car other then tread wear. He says there's no deductible, and it's not prorated - they actually replace the full value of the tire.

Thx
I bought it. Have a 330Cic with sport and optional tire upgrade (style 71). One pothole and you are out big time cash. I have made one claim as I live in a bricked area with lots of eneven pavement. My rim was chipped and damaged the tire.

I normally don't buy extended warranty or extra coverage, but for me, this seemed to make sense. And when you are dropping 50K, why not the 250 for the tire protection.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:58 PM
I know a thing or two...

Mein Auto: '11 BMW 335xi
Quote:

Thx
FYI- BMW has no Tire and Road Hazard Warranty. This is an aftermarket item. That might change your opinion on it.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:35 PM
Grinning from ear to ear

Sarafil,

You seem to have good insight into all things BMW, and seem pretty honest as well. Have you had any experience with this program? I see it is through InTire.

If so, A) what's a good price for it, and B) how long is the coverage for (ie 6yrs 100K miles or what)? C) Do you recommend or no (don't worry I won't hold you liable for anything lol)
Old 01-24-2005, 05:48 AM
I know a thing or two...

Mein Auto: '11 BMW 335xi
Quote:
Sarafil,

You seem to have good insight into all things BMW, and seem pretty honest as well. Have you had any experience with this program? I see it is through InTire.

If so, A) what's a good price for it, and B) how long is the coverage for (ie 6yrs 100K miles or what)? C) Do you recommend or no (don't worry I won't hold you liable for anything lol)
I've had absolutely no experience with it. Do you have a link to a site that summarizes the coverage? If it is priced right and it has good coverage, it could be a good buy for someone with 18" wheels. Does it have a deductible? What are the exclusions?
Old 01-24-2005, 06:37 AM
BMW + twisty road = fun

Mein Auto: Car
No thanks.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:44 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2k5 330i
I added the insurance to my car. I had heard of the program before hand and planned on doing it. If I were to bend a wheel, it would probably cost around $200 to repair. That's just to repair. Plus the sidewall of the tire would be damaged, $200. I believe the cost for me was $395 + tax for 5 year coverage. One claim and it has paid for itself. I've done similar programs buy tires in the past and had to excercise the option (driving over train tracks that were perfectly fine the previous day, but the day I drove over them, they were missing a little bit of pavement in between)