Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 02-03-2005, 11:34 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 325i
HELP please

Hey everyone, i just bought a 2001 325i, its getting shipped from california to north carolina... but i have a question... Mine comes with the factory CD player...but from the looks of it i cant put a in dash CD player in there...i really wanted to put a SCreen in mine...Does anyone know what i can do? or if it is possible...thank you
Tommy
Ads by Google
Old 02-03-2005, 11:45 PM
My TARDIS is a BMW

Mein Auto: '02 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommymo325i
Hey everyone, i just bought a 2001 325i, its getting shipped from california to north carolina... but i have a question... Mine comes with the factory CD player...but from the looks of it i cant put a in dash CD player in there...i really wanted to put a SCreen in mine...Does anyone know what i can do? or if it is possible...thank you
Tommy
I don't even understand the question... If it already has the factor CD player then it already has an in-dash CD player. Or do you mean it's coming with the factory CD CHANGER? And when you say "screen" do you mean you want Nav?

Old 02-03-2005, 11:54 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 325i
I want a Motorized Screen, the kind that looks the a CD player but when you hit a button the screen comes out to play DVD's. Is that possible?
Old 02-04-2005, 12:00 AM
My TARDIS is a BMW

Mein Auto: '02 325i
Quote:
I want a Motorized Screen, the kind that looks the a CD player but when you hit a button the screen comes out to play DVD's. Is that possible?
Ah! Well, anything is possible depending on how much money you wanna spend.

Since I have no need/desire for such a system, I have never looked in to how one would go about getting an after-market system like that installed. I recommend you look through the Audio and In Car Electronics forum as that is a more likely place for this to have been discussed.

Old 02-04-2005, 12:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via Skype™ to hecklerz
Mein Auto: '07 E90 328i
Quote:
Though I don't have experience doing this with my E46 (have 16:9 OEM NAV screen), I used Crutchfield (Crutchfield )for a head unit for my old SUV. If you go to the web site, click on the "What fits my car" link on the left and follow the instructions on finding your make and model, then click the link for DVD. I just did this for your car and there a a few options with the pop out screen. It is also worth it to call in and talk to someone in their sales dept. before ordering. They can be very helpful. I'm sure if you did a search on this here at bimmerfest or e46fanatics you'd get some other good information and probably some other places to buy from. Also look at BMW Soundwerks (Ihave not purchased from them, but they could be helpful)

Another option would be to try to get an OEM NAV system, I'm pretty sure you can get one after market and it will integrate with your dash better (less eye candy and features though). Ask a dealer or try BMW NAV Upgrade . Again, I have no experience installing this, but just did a little searching. Good Luck!!

**Looking for an E39 540, 530 or X5

----------

Retired:

*2006 E90 325i- Ti-Silver Metallic, Black leather, Heated seats 6Sp Step. , ZPP, ZSP, NAV, Adapt.-Xenon, BT to iPhone

*2004 E46 325i- Silver Grey Metallic, Black Leather- heated, 6sp Step. , ZSP, ZPP, Xenon, Nav- V.26, BT to Blackberry