Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 02-03-2005, 03:39 PM
Alex

Send a message via AIM to AlexE46
Mein Auto: 328 Ci 2000
Light bulbs

For anyone who has changed there orange lights to white lights. You still have the Orange bulbs so at night you see them which i think doesnt look good. so if anyone has changed them to anything legal or something illegal but looks really good, plz reply.
Ads by Google
Old 02-03-2005, 03:47 PM
Ubergeek

Send a message via AIM to KrisL Send a message via Yahoo to KrisL
Mein Auto: 330i ZHP
What you want are 'Solaris Invisibulbs' - They are silver-looking bulbs that actually illuminate amber.

http://www.modbargains.com/product.asp?pf_id=bimmian21
Old 02-03-2005, 04:07 PM
Alex

package

the kit you sent me through that link does it come with the front side and back?
Old 02-03-2005, 04:41 PM
Empowered Consumer

Mein Auto: 1 - 4.20hp, 1 - 420hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisL
What you want are 'Solaris Invisibulbs' - They are silver-looking bulbs that actually illuminate amber.

http://www.modbargains.com/product.asp?pf_id=bimmian21

I had Invisibulbs on my M3 for the past 6 months and just removed them. They started acting funky for some reason, intermittantly acting as if they were dead. It started after I spent about 15 minutes sitting with my e-flashers on one evening, and then continued intermittantly for a month. Thinking I might have a bad socket, I put the original amber bulbs back in and haven't had a problem since....

Alex

My Flickr
TeamWTF?!

Old 02-03-2005, 05:13 PM
Alex

But?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BahnBaum
I had Invisibulbs on my M3 for the past 6 months and just removed them. They started acting funky for some reason, intermittantly acting as if they were dead. It started after I spent about 15 minutes sitting with my e-flashers on one evening, and then continued intermittantly for a month. Thinking I might have a bad socket, I put the original amber bulbs back in and haven't had a problem since....

Alex
But was it worth it. like were they hot
Old 02-03-2005, 05:22 PM
Empowered Consumer

Mein Auto: 1 - 4.20hp, 1 - 420hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexE46
But was it worth it. like were they hot
I liked the look. Before and after:

Alex

My Flickr
TeamWTF?!

Old 02-03-2005, 08:18 PM
Alex

Quote:
I liked the look. Before and after:

Alex
dude you bmw is hot no matter what, i got a 2000 328ci and i put m3 rims on them

Last edited by AlexE46; 02-03-2005 at 08:29 PM.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:13 PM
Padawan

Mein Auto: 2004 330ci Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexE46
For anyone who has changed there orange lights to white lights. You still have the Orange bulbs so at night you see them which i think doesnt look good. so if anyone has changed them to anything legal or something illegal but looks really good, plz reply.
It sounds like you don't want them to flash/burn amber, correct? If this is true, then Solaris Invisibulbs aren't what you're looking for; they flash and light amber. I just put a set on my car two days ago. Their purpose is to get rid of the yellow "egg yolk" look during the daylight. I love the way they look, but I also wanted the amber lighting.

I'm not sure of the legality/availability of pure white lighting for front parking/turn signals.

--J.
2004|330ci|Convertible|Silver Grey Metallic|Sport Package|Premium Package|Steptronic|NAV|Xenon Adaptive Headlights|Heated Seats|Black Montana Leather|Aluminum Brushed Column Trim|SSR/GT3 19" Rims (original 18" Style 71's in storage)
Old 02-04-2005, 01:28 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 330CiC
[QUOTE=BahnBaum]I liked the look. Before and after:

BahnBaum...you also put the painted reflectors on. I did the same on my Orient Blue '04 330 cab (with Sport so they are white markers) and it looks so much better with the sleeker styling. A must for me

I am thining about putting the rear ones in the bumper where the 330's have the red reflectors in the black matte plastic but don't seem to mind the rears too much since they accent the red tail lights versus the contrasting oroange ones in front.

How easy are the Solaris to put in (please no Solaris distributor replies) by yourself. I'm not too good with that kind of stuff.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:35 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 3 Series
Quote:

Alex
I'm having the same problem. Only on one side the bulb goes out but then comes back on, intermittantly on/off at random. I'm going to replace the socket.