Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 02-07-2005, 04:30 PM
ELmO

Send a message via AIM to elmalloc Send a message via MSN to elmalloc Send a message via Yahoo to elmalloc
Mein Auto: 05 330 CIC
2003 Corporate Lease vehicle, good or bad purchase?

Hello everyone,

I've stumbled upon a white 2003 330 CIC (pictured below) that carfax reports as a corporate lease vehicle. Now, I am a jet black/black leather/black interior kind of man, but when I see this - I wonder. I've seen white bmw coupes up close and they are "beautiful". I don't know if I get a "badass" feeling when seeing them, that I sometimes get when seeing a clean black.

How do you compare a "corporate lease" vehicle with a "lease" vehicle and with a used "owned" vehicle, when looking to purchase?

It has 27K miles and is on sale for 37K (2K less than KBB suggested), 2 years left on warranty.

Thanks,
ELmO

Last edited by elmalloc; 02-07-2005 at 04:56 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 02-07-2005, 05:36 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 335i
Maaaaan, are you kidding me? This color combo makes black/black grab it's ankles and beg for mercy. Neither my girlfriend nor I really care for white cars, but I had to call her into the room to see this baby, and she agreed... white / nat brown is a killer combo!!! I didn't think it would look as good as it does, but wow...

Also special is that it doesn't have those god-awful style-68 wheels. Very *VERY* good looking car, IMHO.

If it's a six-speed, I say buy...
Old 02-07-2005, 05:46 PM
ELmO

Send a message via AIM to elmalloc Send a message via MSN to elmalloc Send a message via Yahoo to elmalloc
It's called "some crazy ****" dawg. BMW whit coupe I've seen up close seems ridiculously clean and pretty.

I can never count black out:

It's terribly hard, but you probably do see more black convertiblse than white..and probably none that are white with natural brown.

I am checking the condition.

For me the price is about $240 a month for the white, and $600 a month for the black (new, with same options and navigation).
ELmO

Last edited by elmalloc; 02-07-2005 at 06:05 PM.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:14 PM
Former ZHP pilot

Mein Auto: 2011 135i M Sport
The black one looks beautiful but i must say the white on natural brown one is a rare car. If it has a manual tranny jump on it asap . As for the lease question just look for the usual signs of abuse lose clutch, worn back tires, etc. If you want a rare and good looking stick with the white one. If performance is at the top of your list than maybe the black ZHP might satisfiy you more.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:06 PM
ELmO

If you guys like white..BMW M3 Convertible:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6131

ELmO
Old 02-07-2005, 07:14 PM
O Genki Desu ka?

Send a message via AIM to ljh824
Mein Auto: 2004 325i
Elma, that is a beautiful car and looks clean as hell. I'm actually considering trading in my gray on black 325 for that color combo. Does anyone have the wheels that are on there? I think they are called v-spokes. Are they a bitch to clean or what? I like em but they look very labor intensive to clean.

"We few, we happy few, we Band of Brothers,
for he today who sheds his blood with me,
shall be my brother"...Shakespeare, Henry V
Old 02-07-2005, 07:21 PM
ELmO

First of all you're the 3rd person in this forum to call me ELma. Ack.

2nd, I have read those spokes are hard to clean.

3rd, I still have not decided. I don't get hte "man this car is bad ass" feel I get from a washed black car...

-ELmO
Old 02-07-2005, 09:04 PM
Topless Expert

Mein Auto: 330 Vert
Personally, I agree with you. The white is undoubtedly nice (and rare), but gives the aura of "mellowness" (though that M3 looks dang hot). Though more common, black flat out looks tough and mean.

The good and the bad with a dark color is that dirt definitely shows more (bad). However, after a good washing/waxing to take the dirt off, it's REALLY nice to see the shiny, stealthy paint.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:38 PM
trailingthrottleoversteer

Mein Auto: CLK 550
I say that a Alpine White with Natural Brown coupe with 18" M-V spoke wheels is Ghey. People will immediately slap a rainbow sticker on it assuming that you are a relative to Liberace. Because your car is not Black/Blue/Silver, people will tell you that you are stupid.

If we all threw our problems into a pile and saw everyone else's - we'd grab ours back.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:51 AM
O Genki Desu ka?

Send a message via AIM to ljh824
Mein Auto: 2004 325i
Sorry for referring to you as Elma. Now I'll just call you Tickle me Elmo, or, Hokey Pokey Elmo, or, Potty Training Elmo, E-L-M-O....I can keep going.

"We few, we happy few, we Band of Brothers,
for he today who sheds his blood with me,
shall be my brother"...Shakespeare, Henry V
Old 02-08-2005, 05:26 AM
Achtun*, Spitfire!

Mein Auto: '93 E30 318is Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmalloc
Hello everyone,

How do you compare a "corporate lease" vehicle with a "lease" vehicle and with a used "owned" vehicle, when looking to purchase?

It has 27K miles and is on sale for 37K (2K less than KBB suggested), 2 years left on warranty.
If you haven't already, get the vehicle's service history from BMW. Any work done by any networked BMW dealer on this car should be in their database. Along with driving it, that will give you an idea of what's gone wrong, and if it's suffered an unusual amount of abuse.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:41 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2004 330CIC
Don't buy it for price if you don't like the color.

Popular colors mean higher resale value and white is not one of the most popular colors so part of the reason for the good price is the color. Check when the car went into service for warranty purposes, it could be 2 1/2 years old and you might have to buy an extended warranty/ maintenace which can cost you $3k. It seems that this time of year you should be able to get a great deal on a convertible in Ohio, I know you can in my area. Check with a dealer and see what you can get a CPO car for in the color you want. You're spending alot of money and what others like is not the question, it's what you like and what you will be happy with. A couple of thousand dollars isn't that much a month but if it makes you happy it is more than worth it. I like white cars alot but I wanted it with the red or cinnammon interior which you could only get in the M3, but that's me. BTW white saves you around $500 when new because it isn't metallic. Just remember it is a big purchase and don't skimp if you won't be happy in the long run, but no matter what color it is it still will be a blast to drive.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:51 AM

Send a message via AIM to phatchunk99
Mein Auto: '04 330Ci
When did the convertibles have their face lifted?