Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 02-08-2005, 09:05 AM
Pure Natural BMW Muscle!

Mein Auto: 320CiC
Dented doors saga continues....

Well, just returned from two paint shops.
One is a small shop with a modern oven, and is the shop that undertakes jobs for Lexus, Toyota and Ford.

Has 3 employees, including the owner.

Another shop I went to is bigger, (although again it has only one oven). There are around 5 employees, but again only one is going the painting(the boss).

Price they gave me is similar, but the second one has PANICKED when I told him that I have used recently a polish that leaves a membrane on the paint.(KLASSE). He said to leave the car a couple of weeks for the silicone of the polish to wear out.

My question is:

Do the KLASSE products contain any silicone????????
The guy was really scared that the polish will make his life a misery, and the paint wont stick properly, and it will also affect other cars that need painting.

I mean, if this KLASSE product contains any silicone, why they didnt tell me when I bought it???????

Nightmare begins.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:12 AM
Le plaisir de conduire

Send a message via AIM to JAWJr
Mein Auto: All Manuals
You could just take the Klasse off before they work on it if it makes them feel any better. I used 3M adhesive remover yesterday to get off the 330Ci on the back of my car, and trust me, there wasn't any Klasse left when I was done. It strips all the wax off. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

~Jon

1991 318is | BrilliantRot / Natur ette' | Manual | Fogs | Sunroof

2009 135i Cp | Alpine White / Black Plastic Cow | ZSP | ZPS SOLD

2007 Z4 R 3.0i | Silber Grau / Dream Red | ZSP | 711 | 522 | 494 SOLD

2007 335i Cp | A61 / LCSW | ZPP | ZSP | 322 | 4AS | 609 | 655 SOLD

2005 DINAN 330Ci | Silber Grau / Alacantara | ZHP | ED 12.10.04 SOLD

Old 02-08-2005, 09:34 AM
Pure Natural BMW Muscle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWJr
You could just take the Klasse off before they work on it if it makes them feel any better. I used 3M adhesive remover yesterday to get off the 330Ci on the back of my car, and trust me, there wasn't any Klasse left when I was done. It strips all the wax off. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

~Jon
Acrylic is the Solution. Acrylic is different than wax, silicones, and polymers. This polish will bond to your carís surface just like the previously mentioned treatments, but it will not cause any change to your paint, and you donít have to worry about drying time. Klasse All In One dries as fast as you apply it, and there is no risk of hazing or streaking. All-In-One contains no abrasives or silicones, and does not stain plastic, vinyl or rubber trim. It can be used on any non-porous surface, and in addition to car care it is also approved for marine and aviation use.
from autogeek.net

It does not say this for the Glaze though, but since it is a 100% acrylic product, I dont think there will be a problem.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:40 PM
Pure Natural BMW Muscle!

Tomorrow I will visit the main dealer. They have an in house repair service, which mainly consists of foreign workforce, and I must say, I feel more comfort in taking it up to them.

For starts, they will put on their service records that the car has been re-painted due to a small dent, not an accident.

Second, they have all the original paint, which is, very important.