Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 02-08-2005, 09:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to dmel
Mein Auto: 2005 330xi
bluetooth user's guide?

I just picked up my 2005 330xi today and stopped by the service desk to ask if there were instructions on how to pair a phone to the BT in the car. They said it was covered in the owner's manual, which it's not.

I don't have a BT phone yet... I was hoping to try friends' phones to see if they work well before splurging on the V710 and flashing the hacked firmware.

I haven't looked at the owener's manual CD-ROM, but there's no info in the printed manual.

Thanks!
Ads by Google
Old 02-08-2005, 10:33 PM
ex-M couper

Send a message via Yahoo to Bob Clevenger
Mein Auto: '06 650i Coupe
My BT setup is not factory installed, and it's a 2004 to boot.
But it works very well with my Motorola V600 without any tweaking at all.
Check out your CD manual. You might also look under something connected with "Voice Input" or similar.
I have the manual for the BT that I installed in my '04, and if you can't get one out of your dealer I'll be happy to try and scan it for you.

Monaco Blue 650i coupe; 6MT, HUD, ACC, ZCW, ZPS. Redelivered 20 July 2006
Old 02-08-2005, 11:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to Robbyrh10
Mein Auto: 330ci ZHP
I have the RAZR Motorola with Bluetooth and I cant seem to connect it with my 2005 330ci zhp. I really wanna get this hooked up. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Old 02-08-2005, 11:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via Skype™ to hecklerz
Mein Auto: '07 E90 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbyrh10
I have the RAZR Motorola with Bluetooth and I cant seem to connect it with my 2005 330ci zhp. I really wanna get this hooked up. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
If bluetooth is active in your 330 then it should be 'Discoverable' by your Moto. Set the phone to search for a bluetooth device while the car is running. When/if it finds it it will show up as "BMWxxxxx" and ask for a pairing passkey (found on a card included in your manuals binder). Enter the key and you should be set. I've read that you shpuld power of the car for 3 minutes after pairing, but I didn't have to do this with mine. One issue you may have is when the phone begins to transfer the sim card phonebook to the car (it will have to do this before you can start making calls). This has been noted to take anywhere from 5 to 40 minutes so be patient. I have a Sony T637 not a Razr- the Razr is known to work- and mine works great. Hope this helps, good luck!

**Looking for an E39 540, 530 or X5

----------

Retired:

*2006 E90 325i- Ti-Silver Metallic, Black leather, Heated seats 6Sp Step. , ZPP, ZSP, NAV, Adapt.-Xenon, BT to iPhone

*2004 E46 325i- Silver Grey Metallic, Black Leather- heated, 6sp Step. , ZSP, ZPP, Xenon, Nav- V.26, BT to Blackberry
Old 02-09-2005, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hecklerz
If bluetooth is active in your 330 then it should be 'Discoverable' by your Moto. Set the phone to search for a bluetooth device while the car is running. When/if it finds it it will show up as "BMWxxxxx" and ask for a pairing passkey (found on a card included in your manuals binder).
So this is the procedure... very helpful! I haven't found a card that lists a pairing passkey... I'll call service today.

Thanks!
Old 02-09-2005, 10:14 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 325xiT 5spManual
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmel
I just picked up my 2005 330xi today and stopped by the service desk to ask if there were instructions on how to pair a phone to the BT in the car. They said it was covered in the owner's manual, which it's not.

I don't have a BT phone yet... I was hoping to try friends' phones to see if they work well before splurging on the V710 and flashing the hacked firmware.

I haven't looked at the owener's manual CD-ROM, but there's no info in the printed manual.

Thanks!
Here is the website for all the information you need: http://www.bmwtis.net/tsb/bulletins/...p/B841304g.htm. Scroll to the end, and you will see a link to PDF files including a file for the Bluetooth Manual. This has been posted in other threads here before, and a bit of a search effort should have found it! My Cingular Motorola V551 has paired and worked fine with my 2005 325xiT. Good luck.
Joe B.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockpavick
Here is the website for all the information you need: http://www.bmwtis.net/tsb/bulletins/...p/B841304g.htm. Scroll to the end, and you will see a link to PDF files including a file for the Bluetooth Manual. This has been posted in other threads here before, and a bit of a search effort should have found it! My Cingular Motorola V551 has paired and worked fine with my 2005 325xiT. Good luck.
Joe B.
Thanks Joe. Should have RTFM... i appreciate the link.