Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 02-12-2005, 01:35 PM
In the Downward Spiral

Mein Auto: 2005 X5 3.0i
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmalloc
Here are the black with brown pictures. You can see, it is quite dirty (argh). It's 36 degrees out, and there are a lot of people walking their dogs and walking around outside (it's quite warm compared to the past few weeks of snowy weather):

I don't like that rim, the 18" ride was fine though. I am sticking with the stock sports package 17" rim.
-ELmO
If you just have to have a black car...then the Natural Brown looks better than the black interior...IMHO.
Old 02-12-2005, 01:44 PM
ELmO

Send a message via AIM to elmalloc Send a message via MSN to elmalloc Send a message via Yahoo to elmalloc
Mein Auto: 05 330 CIC
Look at this...man the decision is rough:
Old 02-12-2005, 03:18 PM
Padawan

Mein Auto: 2004 330ci Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by philippek
He's sayin' you drive a SISSY CAR
Oh, ok. I guess I have no problem with that.

--J
2004|330ci|Convertible|Silver Grey Metallic|Sport Package|Premium Package|Steptronic|NAV|Xenon Adaptive Headlights|Heated Seats|Black Montana Leather|Aluminum Brushed Column Trim|SSR/GT3 19" Rims (original 18" Style 71's in storage)
Old 02-12-2005, 03:40 PM
ELmO

Send a message via AIM to elmalloc Send a message via MSN to elmalloc Send a message via Yahoo to elmalloc
Dealer said I wasn't really able to purchase the car with sports package and the performance package's rims. He mentioned that I would have to buy them separately, and use them as my sports tires or something and use the stock sports tires/rims as my winter package.

I guess I don't have a problem with that, I like how the performance package rims/tires look....he said I would ahve to purchase them separately, thought I could order them with my car at the same time..guess not.

-ELmO
Old 02-12-2005, 06:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Something German
IF those were the two choices I would get the white since its newer and I like the interior better.

I like the last pic in this thread the best, black with Cinnimon interior, definetly my favorite

Euro Delivery Thread
///M3 -6MT
E30 M3 Sold, E36 Sold, E46 Sold, E90 Sold
Old 02-12-2005, 06:26 PM
ELmO

They were not the two choices. I did not like the brown seats in the black that much, and I have a feeling it's because the exterior was filthy due to snow.

I am going for jet black with black leather seats (safe choice).

I need tips in keeping it clean in the spring/summer. Winter will probably be a lost cause.

THanks,
ELmO
Old 02-12-2005, 06:33 PM

Mein Auto: 330i, Toyota Land Cruiser
I think a black 330cic with ZHP would be killer !

Old 02-12-2005, 07:08 PM

Mein Auto: 330Cic
Since your asking for opinions here’s one more…

If you get Jet Black get Black interior. If you get White get Sand or Black interior. I don’t think Natural Brown looks good with white or black.

I think Black on Black looks better than White on anything. My 2 cents.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:03 PM
Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingboot
Since your asking for opinions here’s one more…

If you get Jet Black get Black interior. If you get White get Sand or Black interior. I don’t think Natural Brown looks good with white or black.

I think Black on Black looks better than White on anything. My 2 cents.
I agree with the winged boot here, black interiors look the best. I think I mentioned this in another post, but the main reason in BMW's that black looks better than anything else is because so much of the interior is black anyway, regardless of what other color you choose. The only way to get everything one color is to get black. Otherwise you end up with a "two toned" interior. One color looks way better. This is especially more noticeable in a convertible when the top is down and so much of the interior is visible from the oustide; it's almost like part of the exterior color scheme.

a couple more cents.

--J.
2004|330ci|Convertible|Silver Grey Metallic|Sport Package|Premium Package|Steptronic|NAV|Xenon Adaptive Headlights|Heated Seats|Black Montana Leather|Aluminum Brushed Column Trim|SSR/GT3 19" Rims (original 18" Style 71's in storage)
Old 02-12-2005, 10:05 PM
ELmO

How oftne will I have to clean black/black, and how long should it take?
Old 02-12-2005, 10:10 PM
Admin • Owner • Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Black/Black from the archives...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	18inch03.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	44529   Click image for larger version

Name:	sunset08.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	44530  
Padawan

Oh, and one other thing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmalloc

I don't like that rim, the 18" ride was fine though. I am sticking with the stock sports package 17" rim.
-ELmO
Dude, no friggin' way, those 18" 71's are SWeeeeeeeeeT!!

--J
Uberlicious!

Mein Auto: E46xiT
You made a great choice my friend.

Stick with Klasse, Zymol, or even one of those polymer waxes, like Meg's NXT Gen wax.

If it were me, I would go with Klasse. ANYBODY on this forum can vouch for it. This stuff is incredible. Expensive, but if you pay that much for a car, you should only use the best. Wax as often as you can in the summer so that you can have a decent winter, knowing that your car has a generous amount of wax on it. (I wax mine usually once a week in the summer....obessed...I know.) And for god's sake....be careful with black...any cosmetic blemishes can easily be seen.....which is why I own a silver vehicle now....I mean I babied it like I do now, but there was just a limit...it had to go. Good luck with the new car.