Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 02-15-2005, 12:33 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 330i ZHP
Edmund's Review of the E90... Sounds awesome.

Here it is,

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...cleId=104670#3

Love this.... "Nevertheless, BMW aficionados will feel right at home in this new car, even if that means 99-cent chalupa lunches at Taco Bell to make the payments. Meanwhile, BMW's competitors will realize they haven't aimed high enough...again"

Can't wait for the ZHP or M3 version.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:14 PM
O.G.

Mein Auto: 2011 MDX, 2001 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel-man
Can't wait for the ZHP or M3 version.
trolling?
Old 02-16-2005, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff
I can't wait for the 2006 ZHP either

-60 pound wheels (But hey, they look great!)
-Bigger dead spot in the power curve, and now stalls when you're moving too (stalling isn't just for stoplights anymore!)
-7 Speed transmission and shorter rear end gearing for slower 0-60 times (Hey, I can't reach 60 MPH without shifting into 3rd gear, but I can brag about how short my rear end is!)
-50% stiffer springs (yeah, 50% stiffer than a 325i!)
-A $47K subcompact car (what's not to love!)
-Bragging rights on every internet message board (I don't own a 330i....I own a ZHP!)
Wow... talking about getting raked over the coals by someone with a vendetta.

Interesting that most car journalists and the data say the ZHP version is better with respect to handling and acceleration, but a someone on a chat site has the true perspective... credentials, sir?

I've driven 330i with and without ZHP and the difference is very apparent. No bragging needed.

The point of posting the link was to share another positive review of the E90, and the general excitement of the coming of the car... as well as relay that if the bar was raised so high again, that it will be impressive to see what the next performance versions of the platform, i.e. ZHP, M3, higher displacement engine, will be like.

Cheers.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:23 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel-man
Wow... talking about getting raked over the coals by someone with a vendetta.
Thanks for posting the Edmunds link. It is strange that somebody who apparently hates BMW can't resist making comments in a BMW forum. Go figure.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff
Evidently, you didn't. Because the difference is not very apparent. If you were to swap the wheels and tires between the ZSP and the performance pkg-optioned 330i, put a blindfold on, you'd say that the ZSP is much better.

Did you test drive each? Or did you live with each for an extended period of time? Was your judgement clouded by the fact that "it was a ZHP (which is basically an 'M' car)", so it has to be better?
I did test each extensively, having a tough time choosing which car... and there were several models outside of BMW. In the end, which was almost a year of deciding, I plotted out a course to test acceleration, turning, etc. And test I did in very systematic manner, and had a route that allowed my to take each vehicle to about 6-7/10 of their handling ability.

And at the end, the 330i ZHP came out on top... The aesthetic aspects are bonus in my opinion, but in the end, the suspension feel, sound, engine responsiveness and tranny won out.

Again, I tested the cars as sold, not mixing and matching wheels to see a difference. However, the 330i ZSP that I drove came with those beautiful 18in M multispoke wheels, so the comparison was not skewed from wheel/rubber disparity between the ZSP and ZHP.

Regardless, I let my judgement stand on merit, not others opinions/ability to boast. If I did, I would have just bought an M3 or a Boxster. Instead, I'm preparing to purchase the Evo MR... which speaks for itself.

Amazing how by wanting to share the Edmund's article, I inturn had to defend myself.

I hope whatever anger you have against BMW or people who like their ZHP models, or M models for that matter, is not from some deeper pain.

Hope things are well and we can all respect people's subjective opinions, although at times objectively based, for what they are... nothing more than opinions.

Now, back to the excitement of the coming E90... another return of the king for both the 3 series and BMW.
Old 02-18-2005, 03:21 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 530i
Thanks for posting this. The video is great...the engine sound is intoxicating!