Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2005, 06:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 550i
New 330cic - where's the love?

My first taste of a BMW was my parents 1992 525i. Nice car. So, a few years later I ditched my Mits Eclipse for a 1995 BMW 325is, black 5 speed, sport pkg, with grey interior. It was awesome. I got rid of it only because I was given a company car, a '98 Pontiac Grand Prix GT. Free car, so you keep it for a while, then changed jobs.

In 2002 I leased an Audi A4 Quattro because it was all wheel drive (live on very hilly roads). Everytime someone asked me about it, I said it's okay, but it's not like my old BMW.

Lease was nearing it's end so the shopping began. I was not excited, nothing interested me except fond memories of my BMW which was not practical being rear wheel drive. So, I starting looking for a SUV because of my hilly roads. First stop, the BMW dealership, drove an X5, took an X3 home for the night. But, there it was, a black 330 vert on a sunny Oct day. The salesman said "don't do it", but I did drive the convertible. There is a point when emotion takes over practicality. It did.

The sunny day went away and I was disappointed, why? I just couldn't get comfortable in the seat, or the steering wheel. I thought, 'obviously this was a 6'+ man's car', the seat belt choked me, I couldn't get the steering wheel close enough to me. Why did I love my 325 so much, and this wasn't the same?

I have come to think maybe the reasons are: this one is an auto, the '95 was manual. This one has the premium package, the '95 had sport seats.

For 10 years I remembered the BMW as my dream car, and to have a convertible would be the pinnacle of it all. So where's the love?

Last edited by bjsbuds; 02-27-2005 at 06:25 PM. Reason: spelling error
Ads by Google