Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 03-10-2005, 06:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 330ci ZSP ZPP
Default Bluetooth PIN??

Hi,

Just trying to pair my phone. I've checked all the literature that came with my new car (2005 330ci) and can't find any information on the car's PIN number. Is there a default like 1234 or something? Likely I'll have to call the dealer tomorrow, but thought you all might have some suggestions.

Thanks...
Ads by Google
Old 03-10-2005, 06:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: e46 M3
I just was reading there is a default code for 5 series, but 3 series usually come with a laminated card with that info on delivery. Try the last 4 #s of your VIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da5Id
Hi,

Just trying to pair my phone. I've checked all the literature that came with my new car (2005 330ci) and can't find any information on the car's PIN number. Is there a default like 1234 or something? Likely I'll have to call the dealer tomorrow, but thought you all might have some suggestions.

Thanks...
Old 03-10-2005, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e36M3r
I just was reading there is a default code for 5 series, but 3 series usually come with a laminated card with that info on delivery. Try the last 4 #s of your VIN.
Thanks for the note. Just tried the last 4 and it didn't work. I looked through all the docs I received on delivery, and no laminated card either. Oh well, I'll call the dealer tomorrow and hope that they have the information available.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:39 PM
Uber Olive Brain

Mein Auto: 330i
Quote:
Is there a default like 1234 or something? Likely I'll have to call the dealer tomorrow, but thought you all might have some suggestions.
  1. There's no default.
  2. It's on a large white postcard that comes with the car.
  3. The dealer supposedly doesn't know, and so can't tell you.
  4. If you've really lost the card, the passkey is supposedly written on the bluetooth electronics box (but you've got to disassemble your car to get to it).
  5. For your 330ci, you need to have a build date of 9/04 or later (see the sticker on the driver's door jamb).

Last edited by darrylo; 03-10-2005 at 06:41 PM.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylo
  1. There's no default.
  2. It's on a large white postcard that comes with the car.
  3. The dealer supposedly doesn't know, and so can't tell you.
  4. If you've really lost the card, the passkey is supposedly written on the bluetooth electronics box (but you've got to disassemble your car to get to it).
  5. For your 330ci, you need to have a build date of 9/04 or later (see the sticker on the driver's door jamb).
Well I've looked through the black binder with all the materials I received when I picked up the car, and there is no postcard or anything with a passkey (definitely didn't lose it). The car is bluetooth equipped, as it's a 1 month old car with Assist, and I was able to find the car when searching for bluetooth devices with my Moto RAZR. I just sent an email to my salesperson asking her if she, or the service department has it in their records. Hopefully they just forgot to include the postcard in the binder I received when I picked up the car.

Thanks again for the info.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:25 PM
DHP pwns ZHP :p

Mein Auto: DHP Heehee... :p
If you don't have the card, you can do one of two things:

1) Rip open your trunk liner and look at the TCU and get the pairing PIN from the labels on the TCU.
2) Take it to the dealer and have them hook it up to their computer and read the PIN from the car.

'03 330Ci DHP
'06 M3 SMG
"du hast mich gefragt, und ich hab nichts gesagt"
Old 03-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Grinning from ear to ear

Mein Auto: is way too fast
Did you check your glove compartment? It's usually hiding in there with the new cars.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanjs4
Did you check your glove compartment? It's usually hiding in there with the new cars.
Yes I checked every nook and cranny. Sent an email to my salesperson last night and received a reply back at 11:30pm from her that she'll check into it first thing this morning. Best salesperson I've ever dealt with btw.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:18 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Yes I checked every nook and cranny. Sent an email to my salesperson last night and received a reply back at 11:30pm from her that she'll check into it first thing this morning. Best salesperson I've ever dealt with btw.
Just curious, is that VOB in Rockville? My sales guy was also very helpful during the sales process.

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm
Old 03-11-2005, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markl53
Just curious, is that VOB in Rockville? My sales guy was also very helpful during the sales process.
Yes, VOB in Rockville. I literally just got back from there, and they retrieved the PIN code from the computer. Bluetooth works great!

I've heard negative press about VOB on various forums, but my saleswoman was, and still is, absolutely fantastic (YMMV).
Old 03-12-2005, 02:18 PM

Mein Auto: bmw 325ci
Quote:
Yes, VOB in Rockville. I literally just got back from there, and they retrieved the PIN code from the computer. Bluetooth works great!

I've heard negative press about VOB on various forums, but my saleswoman was, and still is, absolutely fantastic (YMMV).
I just bought my new 3 series from VOB and I thought they were excellent as well. My salesman really went out of his way to be helpful and I thought it was a much better experience than at any other BMW dealer. They are usually pretty arrogant but if I get another BMW it will be from VOB. They also had the best price by far and dont charge a dealer fee.