I like the 135i - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series & 2 Series > E82 / E87 / E88 / F20 1 Series (2008 - 2014)

E82 / E87 / E88 / F20 1 Series (2008 - 2014)
BMWs throw back to the iconic 2002, with a renewed form and function. The smallest car in BMW's line up but still packs a punch. Available in coupe or convertible, powered by a naturaly aspirated inline 6 in the 128 or the turbo twin power inline 6 rocket sled 135.

Old 07-02-2017, 11:36 PM

Mein Auto: 135i
I like the 135i

I purchased a 2012 BMW 135i and I like it. People told me to get the DCT with the cold weather package, tech package, and the M sport package. What an amazing value.

Really, I don't think this car gets the attention that it deserves. Hopefully this car lasts for a while because to replace it with a new car would be expensive.

If you're considering one, go for it.

Much happiness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2017, 06:33 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 Marrakesh Brown 135i
I whole heatedly agree. I just picked up a 2012 135i a few weeks ago. My first BMW and I am really enjoying it so far. The most enjoyable car I have ever owned.
Old 07-05-2017, 06:57 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5D, 135i, 540i, r53 *2
I loved mine, bought it new in 08

I just sold it through, got tired of it being babied parking far away from everyone, never driving in the rain and living on a gravel road it was hard to keep it clean.

Now I'm looking for a ratty 135i or e46 m3 so I wont care about all the stuff I care about when I have a showroom looking car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2017, 08:33 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 135i convertible
Another fan here! My wife bought a 135i Cabriolet last year with very low mileage and it's the 1st BMW in our family. Living in NewEngland means she doesn't drive it much in the winter but overall it's a blast to drive. This car likes to go fast and handles great! I did replace the run flats and the ride is MUCH nicer with no noticeable reduction in handling but we now have the risk of getting a flat. Biggest complaint, apart from the cost of maintaining and fueling, is getting my wife to let me drive it!
Old 09-09-2017, 08:24 PM

Be sure you have money to cover repairs. BMWs are not cheap! I just had my first repairs after seven months owning the car. It is going to be about 6k for hvac, oil leak, and a brake issue.

Still, I wouldn't want to drive any other car. This one just suits me.
Old 09-10-2017, 03:27 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 128i SULEV MT
"Starke: "Be sure you have money to cover repairs. BMWs are not cheap! I just had my first repairs after seven months owning the car. It is going to be about 6k for hvac, oil leak, and a brake issue?"

I suspect your car is no longer under warrantee? Is that figure from a dealer, or from an independent shop? If it's a dealer, and it SOUNDS like it might be a dealer, do you know that an independent shop can do just as good, and sometimes even a better job than a dealer? If you haven't done so already, maybe you should find a reputable private shop. You want one that specializes in BMWs. It could save you 50% (forgive me if everyone knows that already).

For example, the dealer in my area, especially the service department, has an absolutely abysmal reputation (largely due to exorbitant prices, but also for jerking customers around), whereas there are a couple of independent shops that have absolutely flawless reputations, both for quality of work AND for reasonable pricing...

My car just went out of warrantee, and I for one just HATE getting ripped off.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:03 AM

Mein Auto: 135i Coup
Last year I bought a CPO 2012 I35i and it has been a great car. Has the M Sport Package with DCT and sun roof. Space grey with red interior. Had a throttle response issue after I bought it. A software update solved the problem until recently it has it again. Will take it in to have it check. Other than that no major problems.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:04 AM

Mein Auto: 135i Coup
By the way this thing is a real chick magnet. All the girls at the office ran out to look at my new car over.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:23 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 128i SULEV MT
I just got a 2013 128i coupe, with less than 12K miles on it (no issues yet, whatsoever). I was considering a 135i, but decided I'd rather keep the need for repairs to a minimum (no turbos, no HPFP). It just so happens that the 128i is plenty fast enough! In fact, I got a compliment from an unexpected source yesterday... One of our local cops, working a construction area, remarked as I passed by, "beautiful car!" I must say, I agree! So, if anyone thinks our Bimmers don't get a lot of attention, be aware that the cops DO notice, and sometimes they are even friendly about them!
Old 09-17-2017, 09:01 PM

"Last year I bought a CPO 2012 I35i and it has been a great car. Has the M Sport Package with DCT and sun roof. Space grey with red interior. Had a throttle response issue after I bought it. A software update solved the problem until recently it has it again. Will take it in to have it check."

Could be a leaking transmission. You might need new seals.

Last edited by Starke; 09-24-2017 at 07:40 AM.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:53 PM

Car is doing well after the repairs, and today got the airbag recall finally taken care of.

Now I can drive without fear of the inflator ripping out my throat.

Still love this car, and I'm finding myself wondering how expensive it would be to get a 2nd one to put in storage. But by the time I get to driving the 2nd one we'll all be driving magnetic cars I'm sure of it.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series & 2 Series > E82 / E87 / E88 / F20 1 Series (2008 - 2014)
Today's Posts Search