Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2005, 01:17 PM   #1
bimmerfest 2005

Jon Shafer
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by Jon Shafer

bimmerfest 2003

At this time as the chief organizer of the event I'd just like to share some great news with you. In case you haven't already heard, we have several prominent race car teams and drivers that will be attending Bimmerfest and signing autographs this year, most noteworthy being Bill Auberlen and his #96 Turner Motorsports car, Michael McDowell and Memo Gidley with the Finlay Motorsports Dinan-Powered BMW Daytona Prototype and M3 race cars! Our lineup of featured Tuners/Vendors is much, much greater than any we've had at previous Bimmerfest events. The quality of the show cars on display will be nothing short of mind-blowing...

All of the sponsors of the event have anted up an incredible array of prizes to won in the Bimmerfest "Opportunity Drawing" (i.e., charity raffle). Make sure to bring plenty of money to purchase tickets for chances to win prizes like a set of Hamann Wheels, a set of Yokohamas, a set of Toyos, a set of Bridgestones; the list of prizes is huge. In a bulk email to everyone who registered for the event online I erroneously stated that there would be a set of Praxis tires; please accept my apologies. All proceeds will go to benefit the oldest non-profit agency in Santa Barbara - Family Service Agency. Tickets will sell for $5 each. We will also have official Bimmerfest event t-shirts on sale; they look awesome! There will also be an official event program - be sure to grab one.

Lunch will be provided free of charge this year by Santa Barbara Auto Group and Race Technologies / Brembo. Based on online registration figures we have tried to prepare and provide enough food for everyone, however there is always a possibility of running out of food before everyone has had a chance to eat. At this time I would highly recommend that everyone pack some extra snacks, water bottles, sodas, and plenty of sunscreen! Bimmerfest is a long day. Last year many attendees became sunburned. Be prepared...

PARKING ISSUES (PLEASE READ):

This year we are very fortunate to have the entire Santa Barbara Auto Group facility located at 402 S. Hope Avenue at our disposal. In the past when it was Cutter Motors we only had half of the facility for Bimmerfest. While display and parking capacity has virtually doubled, online registration figures for the event far exceed that capacity. In other words, not everyone will be able to park on the lot. This constraint was known in advance and stated up front when you signed up online. At this time I wish to clarify the situation:
  • We intend on packing the lot with attendees cars. Therefore, if an attendee plans on leaving early (i.e., before we depart as a group for the Bimmerfest Road Rally), they absolutely should not park on the lot. If you park on the lot, you will most probably not be able to get off the premises until mid-afternoon...
  • Parking on the lot is reserved for vintage or "classic" BMW's, "highly modified" BMW's (show cars), or BMW's of particular interest (e.g., rare BMW's). I know that this sounds a bit vague, but I am relying all of you to use your best judgment in deciding whether or not to park on the lot. What attendees should ask themselves in answering this question is: "Is my car what somebody else would be excited to see, or would expect to find at a car show?" If the answer is "no", then you would probably be doing a favor to the other enthusiasts coming by not taking up a space on the lot. Space is limited. Please keep in mind that as proud as we all are of our BMWs, not all of them qualify as "show cars". I am truly sorry if anyone finds this situation troublesome. Because the event has grown to the point that it has, we all have to be mindful of what's best and most interesting to the greater majority of attendees.
  • Bimmerfest is not just about parking your car on the lot. There are the caravans getting to the event, hanging out with your fellow BMW enthusiasts, the dinner beforehand, the show cars, the clinics, the "Battle of the Bimmers", The Bimmerfest Road Rally, Dinner and dancing afterwards. PLEASE don't let the fact that you might not be able to park on the lot ruin your Bimmerfest experience...
The map below shows public parking areas with ample room for attendee's vehicles. Adjacent to the dealership is La Cumbre Plaza with parking lots that can be accessed from either Hope Avenue, Calle Real, or La Cumbre Road (including the huge Sears parking lot). At most, any one of these parking areas is short 5 minute walk from the dealership. In addition, there is streetside parking on both Hope Avenue and Hitchcock Way, the streets to the left and right sides of the dealership, running all the way to State Street. Please note: in order for a car to qualify for judging in the "Battle of the Bimmers" competition it must be parked on the dealership's property. Hopefully this will help to explain the need to reserve those spots for true show cars... If you have any further questions, please post them directly in this thread.

See you at The 'Fest!
This article has been viewed 5945 times.